Prebuilt Virtual Box Image with `Android SDK`, `Android NDK` and `Python for Android`

Showing 1-9 of 9 messages
Prebuilt Virtual Box Image with `Android SDK`, `Android NDK` and `Python for Android` qua-non 6/30/12 7:03 AM

Prebuilt Virtual Box Image with `Android SDK`, `Android NDK` and `Python for Android`

(1.4GB)
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1WO07-OL50_VDNESDRUaDhXSmM/edit

Username: kivy
Password: kivy123
Usage::

1. Download the `python for android on ubuntu 12.04` image.

2. Extract the image file, and launch the `Python for Android - Ubuntu 12.04.vbox`
 file from that folder, it should open with your installation of VirtualBox.

3. Start The Virtual Machine, the machine should auto-login you to a clean desktop
 with a Readme.txt. Open the read-me and go through it if you want to get familiar
 with the setup.

4. Copy your App to the Virtual Machine.

5. Now you can build the apk. Open a Terminal, go to the default distribution
 directory and build your apk by running the following commands.

   cd ~/android/python-for-android/dist/default/
   ./build.py --package your.package.name --name your_app_name --version 1.0 --dir /path/to/your/app debug installd

Screenshots::
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1WO07-OL50_cFF6RE5ybm00ekk/edit
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1WO07-OL50_aTJidTFXam5yMEU/edit
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1WO07-OL50_SlJ1ajdWdkpQcms/edit

Re: Prebuilt Virtual Box Image with `Android SDK`, `Android NDK` and `Python for Android` Julien Bouquillon 7/1/12 7:12 AM
this works nicely on my MBP, except keyboard, but very good work, thanks a ton !
Re: Prebuilt Virtual Box Image with `Android SDK`, `Android NDK` and `Python for Android` qua-non 7/1/12 2:23 PM
Glad you liked it. Seems like a solution is available for the keyboard issue https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/1871#comment:8
Re: Prebuilt Virtual Box Image with `Android SDK`, `Android NDK` and `Python for Android` laserman 8/8/12 7:21 AM

Thank you for making this VirtualBox image.
Will it only work with kivy-UI ?

i tried it with my PY4A / SL4A script and get this error:

 I/python(6096): AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'Android'

Re: Prebuilt Virtual Box Image with `Android SDK`, `Android NDK` and `Python for Android` qua-non 8/9/12 3:56 AM
This is just a deployment of the python for android for convenience

The project is located at https://github.com/kivy/python-for-android,
And the documentation at http://python-for-android.rtfd.org

As this clarifies this is different from pgs4a or sl4a.
Will it only work with kivy-UI ?
For now kivy ui is the only UI library that is in the recepies.
That said you can create recepie for your own.

Re: Prebuilt Virtual Box Image with `Android SDK`, `Android NDK` and `Python for Android` qua-non 12/20/12 11:03 AM
Updated File available at https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1WO07-OL50_bTR0SElrLTZGWEU/edit includes latest sources for kivy, python for android on top of Ubuntu 12.10 size 935 MB.
Re: Prebuilt Virtual Box Image with `Android SDK`, `Android NDK` and `Python for Android` Redbird90 3/27/14 10:26 PM
Can you help me on the specifics of step 4, copy app to the virtual machine? Thanks a bunch.
Re: [python-for-android] Re: Prebuilt Virtual Box Image with `Android SDK`, `Android NDK` and `Python for Android` qua-non 3/28/14 12:00 AM
Use shared folders option in virtualbox.

Re: Prebuilt Virtual Box Image with `Android SDK`, `Android NDK` and `Python for Android` Rudolf Reuter 4/26/15 12:07 AM
Hello qua-non,

I have tried the update virtual machine (Ubuntu 12.10).
Unfortunately Ubuntu 12.10 is no longer supported (no LTS version).

When running './distribute.sh -m "kivy"' I get errors with file "kivy/graphics/svg.c".

Would it please be possible to get an updated virtual machine with Ubuntu 14.04 LTS?

Best regards, Rudolf