Bivariate Moran's I

Showing 1-3 of 3 messages
Bivariate Moran's I Chris Fowler 4/22/11 1:06 PM
I am using GeoDa's Bivariate Moran's I function to examine patterns of
collocation between two variables at the county level (call them A and
B for now).

I know that, having run the analysis I can say things like "Counties
with a high value for A tend to have neighbors with a high value of B"

What I would rather say is that "Counties with a high value of A tend
to locate in regions with a high value of B" The difference being that
the latter would seem to include the county where A is high as well as
its neighbors, while the former includes only the neighbors.

I can see my way towards changing this--simply making every county its
own neighbor in the weights matrix, but I was wondering what kind of
havoc this would play on my values for I and the rest of the
diagnostics.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Chris
Bivariate Moran's I Chris Fowler 4/22/11 5:32 PM
I am using GeoDa's Bivariate Moran's I function to examine patterns of
collocation between two variables at the county level (call them A and
B).

I know that, having run the function I can say things like "Counties
Re: [Openspace] Bivariate Moran's I Dana Stein 4/23/11 8:02 AM
Chris:

The terms neighbors in OpenGeoDa INCLUDES that specific county that is the certain of discussion. So the analysis already includes that which you are looking for :)

Hope that helps!

Dana

dana stein
ph: (813) 404-5677