opencyclemap-like view in mapsforge 0.3?

Showing 1-10 of 10 messages
opencyclemap-like view in mapsforge 0.3? Bajoo 2/22/12 11:03 AM
It is so nice to have good maps with you. I love mapsforge for this
possibility. And it would be he optimum if one could display cycle
routes like Opencyclemap does. Would mapsforge 0.3 offer such
possibility?

Lovely wishes and many cheers from my travel bike and me :).
Re: [mapsforge-dev] opencyclemap-like view in mapsforge 0.3? Thilo 2/22/12 11:18 AM
Thank you for the nice compliment! :-)

Regarding your question: i would like to refer to my previous comments
in a very similar issue in our bug tracker: See:
https://code.google.com/p/mapsforge/issues/detail?id=206

Greetings,
Thilo

Re: opencyclemap-like view in mapsforge 0.3? Rick Wanye 2/22/12 12:24 PM
Here you have the main facts from the link (for those on tour reading
on there smartphone):

Thilo wrote:
-------------------
In version 0.2.4 and before there was no option to configure or change
that at runtime. In the upcoming 0.3.0 release there will be a new API
which allows you to define a custom render theme via a simple XML
file.

We have not yet developed a render theme which imitates the
OpenCycleMap style, however if there is a need for it we will probably
do it sooner or later. It might also be the case that somebody else
creates such a render theme file and publishes it somewhere on the
Internet so that you can simply reuse it.
-------------------

> < 1 KBAnzeigenHerunterladen
Re: opencyclemap-like view in mapsforge 0.3? Chilobo 4/4/12 4:24 PM
In the discussion

http://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=233283#p233283

some simple render themes are presented. Where would an XML-file have to be placed in the directory such that your code included, e.g. in OruxMaps would read it and use it to render a map?

Thank you
Christian

Re: [mapsforge-dev] Re: opencyclemap-like view in mapsforge 0.3? Thilo 4/4/12 11:53 PM
To activate an external render-theme XML file, the developer only has to
integrate a call to the MapView.setRenderTheme(File) method. That should
work regardless where the XML file is actually stored.

I don't know if OruxMaps has an option for that. But in the
AdvancedMapViewer there is a dedicated menu entry to select an XML file
from any readable folder in the local file system.

Greetings,
Thilo

Re: [mapsforge-dev] Re: opencyclemap-like view in mapsforge 0.3? noordfiets 4/5/12 12:08 AM
Oruxmaps currently has a simple option for that.
Place an xml with the same name as the map in the same directory.
So country.map needs country.map.xml

Op donderdag 5 april 2012 08:53:40 UTC+2 schreef Thilo het volgende:
Re: opencyclemap-like view in mapsforge 0.3? Bajoo 4/5/12 11:43 AM
I didn't get it :(. Which XML do I need for a map with opencyclemap
theme??
unk...@googlegroups.com 4/11/12 11:48 AM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: opencyclemap-like view in mapsforge 0.3? Bajoo 4/11/12 11:52 AM
To clearify the need: The informations of interest are the national
cycle routes and their names displayed besides them. Thats want
cyclists are longing for.
Re: opencyclemap-like view in mapsforge 0.3? Bajoo 4/11/12 12:19 PM
Maybe this is the key:

cycling.lonvia.de/en/help/rendering