Wizard Form Page Unexpectedly Redirects with 303 Back to Top-Level Site

Showing 1-5 of 5 messages
Wizard Form Page Unexpectedly Redirects with 303 Back to Top-Level Site Noel Weichbrodt 7/12/12 12:56 PM
This is not a request for help, just a document of my own stupidity. Hopefully it saves someone else (or my future self!) some time & trouble.

Symptom:
Your form page that is using a Wizard will unexpectedly redirect to the top-level index page when you try to access it. Eg, you try to access /test and you end up with a HTTP 303 redirect to /. You have no URL rewrite, HTTP pipeline redirect, or form redirect that would do such a thing.

Solution:
You dummy, you tried to make a Screen using the same syntax as the Wizard. Eg:
object Foo extends Wizard {
  object Bar extends Screen {
    //…
}}
Try the correct Screen syntax on for size:
object Foo extends Wizard {
  val Bar = new Screen {
    //…
]}

HTH.
—Noel Weichbrodt
Re: [Lift] Wizard Form Page Unexpectedly Redirects with 303 Back to Top-Level Site fmpwizard 7/12/12 1:06 PM
Thanks for the email.

  Diego

--
Diego Medina
Lift/Scala Developer

Thanks for the excellent pointer to the subtle difference... can you open a ticket at http://ticket.liftweb.net and assign it to me referencing this thread.  I'll try to create autodetect logic in Wizard to flag this sort of thing.

Thanks!

David

—Noel Weichbrodt

Code: http://github.com/lift

Telegram, Simply Beautiful CMS https://telegr.am

Re: [Lift] Wizard Form Page Unexpectedly Redirects with 303 Back to Top-Level Site Noel Weichbrodt 7/17/12 11:50 AM
Thanks David, see https://github.com/lift/framework/issues/1293.
Couldn't assign the issue to you since I'm not a github collaborator.

—Noel

On Sunday, July 15, 2012 11:04:03 AM UTC-5, David Pollak wrote:
Noel,

Thanks for the excellent pointer to the subtle difference... can you open a ticket at http://ticket.liftweb.net and assign it to me referencing this thread.  I'll try to create autodetect logic in Wizard to flag this sort of thing.

Thanks!

David
Re: [Lift] Wizard Form Page Unexpectedly Redirects with 303 Back to Top-Level Site David Pollak 7/17/12 1:00 PM
Thanks!  I've assigned it to me.