[ANN] Leiningen 2.0.0-preview1

Showing 1-5 of 5 messages
[ANN] Leiningen 2.0.0-preview1 Phil Hagelberg 3/7/12 2:28 PM

Hello folks!

I'm proud to announce the release of Leiningen 2.0.0-preview1. While
this isn't a final stable release, it's fairly stable and should be
usable for the majority of projects. This is a near-rewrite and contains
a few backwards-compatibility breaks, but updating should be pretty
painless in most cases thanks to the lein-precate plugin that can
suggest a new 2.x-compatible project.clj file.

Highlights for this release:

* Support profiles for alternate project configurations.
* Replace maven-ant-tasks with Pomegranate library. (Chas Emerick, Nelson Morris)
* Complete rewrite of repl task. (Colin Jones, Chas Emerick, Anthony Grimes)
* Rewrite new task. (Anthony Grimes)
* New check task for catching reflection and other issues. (David Santiago)
* Allow partial application of aliases.
* Split out leiningen-core into independent library.

See the full list of user-visible changes:

  https://github.com/technomancy/leiningen/blob/master/NEWS.md

There's a guide covering the upgrade process:

  https://github.com/technomancy/leiningen/wiki/Upgrading

If you are a plugin author, see the newly updated plugin guide,
particularly the section on "Upgrading Existing Plugins":

  https://github.com/technomancy/leiningen/blob/master/doc/PLUGINS.md

And we're also launching http://leiningen.org as an introductory page at
this time.

Please give this preview release a try and let us know how it works for you.

-Phil

Re: Leiningen 2.0.0-preview1 nick rothwell 3/12/12 6:05 AM
Looking good, but I can't jump until Jake McCrary's auto-expect is
ported... :-(
Re: Leiningen 2.0.0-preview1 Phil Hagelberg 3/12/12 12:03 PM
cassiel <ni...@cassiel.com> writes:

> Looking good, but I can't jump until Jake McCrary's auto-expect is
> ported... :-(

Why not help out with it? =)

See the "Upgrading Existing Plugins" section of the plugin guide:

https://github.com/technomancy/leiningen/blob/master/doc/PLUGINS.md

-Phil

Re: Leiningen 2.0.0-preview1 nick rothwell 3/12/12 12:58 PM
Thought you might say that...

I'll try and take a look!
Re: Leiningen 2.0.0-preview1 Jake McCrary 3/12/12 2:49 PM
I've actually have lein-autoexpect working with Leiningen 2 in a branch. Just haven't had a chance to properly make sure it still works with the various combinations of lein, expectations, and clojure that I usually do before pushing out a release. I'll get on that tonight.

Glad to hear others are finding it useful.

On Monday, March 12, 2012 2:58:20 PM UTC-5, cassiel wrote:
Thought you might say that...

I'll try and take a look!