Hotfix for iRedMail-0.8.4: Incorrect logrotate config file of iRedAPD

Showing 1-1 of 1 messages
Hotfix for iRedMail-0.8.4: Incorrect logrotate config file of iRedAPD Zhang Huangbin 4/5/13 5:20 PM
[You can check our forum post for better text format:]

*) Issue description

There's an typo error in logrotate config file of iRedAPD (/etc/logrotate.d/iredapd) on all Linux distributions supported by iRedMail, it causes program "logrotate" cannot rotate iRedAPD log file (/var/log/iredapd.log) at all. The potential risk is that the log file may takes too much disk space if it grows quickly.

*) Impacted iRedMail versions

- Version iRedMail-0.8.4, downloaded before Apr 6, 2013.

- You can see a timestamp in file /etc/logrotate.d/iredapd, that shows when you installed iRedMail. e.g. "File generated by iRedMail (2013." (format is YEAR.MONTH.DAY.HOUR.MINUTE.SECOND).

- We re-packed iRedMail-0.8.4 on Apr 6, 2013, so there's no need to fix it if you downloaded iRedMail-0.8.4 after that day, which means you can safely ignore this hotfix.

*) Impacted Linux/BSD distributions

It impacts all LINUX distributions supported by iRedMail, but not BSD distributions since they use different logrotate config file.

*) How to fix it

Please fix it manually by following below steps:

- Open /etc/logrotate.d/iredapd with your favorite text editor (e.g. vi, vim, emacs), find below line:

- Append a whitespace and a '{':

/var/log/iredapd.log {

- Save the file. You can now verify this config file with command "logrotate" like below, it will print debug message on terminal.

# logrotate -d /etc/logrotate.d/iredapd

That's all.

*) Credit

All credit goes to our forum user bantopalmarino, thanks for the report here:

Zhang Huangbin

iRedMail: free, open source mail server solution for Red Hat
Enterprise Linux, CentOS, Scientific Linux, Debian, Ubuntu,
openSUSE, FreeBSD, OpenBSD.