How can I search multiple tags

Showing 1-7 of 7 messages
How can I search multiple tags LuisBajaña 12/31/11 2:45 PM
Hi guys,

How can I search multiple tags? For example I want to display photos
of "autumn london", I can't get results with space.

Regards,
Luis.
Re: How can I search multiple tags RoboHead 1/3/12 6:21 PM
> How can I search multiple tags? For example I want to display photos
> of "autumn london", I can't get results with space.

The documentation for GET /tags/search is not clear how to search
multiple tags...
I think it will will work with comma... havent tried it though

https://api.instagram.com/v1/tags/search?q=autumn,london&access_token=ACCESS-TOKEN

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RoboHead
Twitter: @436341
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Re: How can I search multiple tags Mike Krieger 1/3/12 6:25 PM
The tags search endpoint only supports single tags at this time.

Cheers,
--
Mike Krieger
Co-founder, Instagram

Re: How can I search multiple tags RoboHead 1/3/12 7:02 PM
>The tags search endpoint only supports single tags at this time.

Luis, you can try this approach:
Since one of your 'tags' is a geographic location, use
GET /locations/search
for retrieving 'london' by lat/long

For each 'id' of photo in the JSON response,
GET /media/{media-id}

and filter on the 'tags' field...
(whether it contains the value 'autumn')

you can also try using the teleportd api:
see http://www.teleportd.com/api.html
see /search endpoint - multi word search
multi word searches on comments.

~~~~~~~~~~
RoboHead
Twitter: @436341
~~~~~~~~~~~
Re: How can I search multiple tags LuisBajaña 1/5/12 12:15 PM
Thanks Mike.

On Jan 3, 9:25 pm, Mike Krieger <mik...@instagram.com> wrote:
> The tags search endpoint only supports single tags at this time.
>
> Cheers,--
> Mike Krieger
> Co-founder, Instagram
> We're hiring! j...@instagram.com
>

> On Tuesday, January 3, 2012 at 6:21 PM, RoboHead wrote:
> > > How can I search multiple tags? For example I want to display photos
> > > of "autumn london", I can't get results with space.
>
> > The documentation for GET /tags/search is not clear how to search
> > multiple tags...
> > I think it will will work with comma... havent tried it though
>
> >https://api.instagram.com/v1/tags/search?q=autumn,london&access_token...
Re: How can I search multiple tags LuisBajaña 1/5/12 12:15 PM
Thanks for the answer RoboHead.

On Jan 3, 10:02 pm, RoboHead <mar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >The tags search endpoint only supports single tags at this time.
>
> Luis, you can try this approach:
> Since one of your 'tags' is a geographic location, use
> GET /locations/search
> for retrieving 'london' by lat/long
>
> For each 'id' of photo in the JSON response,
> GET /media/{media-id}
>
> and filter on the 'tags' field...
> (whether it contains the value 'autumn')
>
> you can also try using the teleportd api:
> seehttp://www.teleportd.com/api.html
Re: How can I search multiple tags SimonDload 9/14/12 12:06 AM
Luis - how did you go with this, can you post how you did it here and any issues you encountered?

I am trying to understand how this works for you given that the  "GET /locations/search > for retrieving 'london' by lat/long" would not appear to return many results and not more than one page, so the likelihood of seeing relevant results is very small. Is that right....I'm new to the API.

Thanks
Simon