Asianet is inserting ads on paid connection

Showing 1-8 of 8 messages
Asianet is inserting ads on paid connection liju 5/9/12 2:56 AM
Hai all

Asianet is inserting ads on paid connection with out informing the
users.
We have spend hours for solving this problem (we thought that it is a
virus or adware)
later we come to know that it is coming only in asianet connection,
(We have checked with idea, Airtel & bsnl)

we have checked HTML code and found that there is a javascript is
added in every page of body tag

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ui.streamride.net/newer/
ui.min.js <view-source:http://ui.streamride.net/newer/ui.min.js>"></
script>

This is the Asianet attitude towards customer

Re: [fsug-tvm] Asianet is inserting ads on paid connection Kenney Jacob 5/9/12 7:00 PM
I like in Heera Kinara and these fellows only allow Asianet and BSNL connections here. I badly wanted an airtel line but there seems to be a lobby here that comes up with excuses to not let anyone else in.

Kenney Jacob

The Most Powerful Tool to Improve Your Vocabulary. Wordzo.

--
"Freedom is the only law".
"Freedom Unplugged"

ilug-tvm-u...@googlegroups.com

For details visit the google group page: http://groups.google.com/group/ilug-tvm?hl=en

Re: Re: [fsug-tvm] Asianet is inserting ads on paid connection sachith mohan 5/10/12 10:12 PM
Hello all,

Asianet is inserting add ons for the connections which do not require login.
Call the ustomer care and tell u dont need pop ups.I did so and they provided me with login and now its OK

On Thu, 10 May 2012 07:30:32 +0530 wrote

>I like in Heera Kinara and these fellows only allow Asianet and BSNL connections here. I badly wanted an airtel line but there seems to be a lobby here that comes up with excuses to not let anyone else in.

Kenney JacobFaceBook Twitter Blog Company

The Most Powerful Tool to Improve Your Vocabulary. Wordzo.

Re: Asianet is inserting ads on paid connection bipin 5/11/12 12:17 AM
i think asianet should learn from these guys mistake

   http://www.theverge.com/2012/4/9/2937127/marriott-wi-fi-network-response-advertising-code

     the ISPs in india seems tobe learning dirt ways of their counterparts in US
Re: [fsug-tvm] Re: Asianet is inserting ads on paid connection Anush 5/11/12 9:12 PM
Can any one tell in which district area is this happening. any way i don't see any add in my PC and when using in my mobile using Wi-Fi , I use Asianet rapid 725 plan, and have been using rapid 499 for last year.

--
"Freedom is the only law".
"Freedom Unplugged"
http://www.ilug-tvm.org

ilug-tvm-u...@googlegroups.com

For details visit the google group page: http://groups.google.com/group/ilug-tvm?hl=en

--
Techstream

Re: [fsug-tvm] Re: Asianet is inserting ads on paid connection Dipin Krishna 5/15/12 5:15 AM
I think asianet is doing this to their customers in TVM (for now) subscribed for unlimited plans.
I had experienced this 2 months ago.

Thanks,
Dipin Krishna
dipinkrishna.com
+91-9633556403
Re: [fsug-tvm] Re: Asianet is inserting ads on paid connection Jayson Joseph Chacko 5/30/12 9:33 AM
This clearly is illegal. It is like someone tapping your phone call and then talking in your voice to the other end.
Unfortunately we don't have a legal precedence. Someone should go to the court.
unk...@googlegroups.com 5/30/12 9:37 AM <This message has been deleted.>