JMX error

Showing 1-2 of 2 messages
JMX error Ian 2/6/12 10:45 AM
I'm trying to run the petclinic app with JMX  monitoring enabled.  I'm
using the following JVM options:

JAVA_OPTS           => -Xmx384m -Xss512k -XX:+UseCompressedOops - - -

After doing that, I get an application error when I try to load the
petclinic.  The heroku logs show the following errors:

State changed from starting to crashed
Password file read access must be restricted: /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-

Is this something I can fix?

Thanks for any help,
Re: JMX error James Ward 2/6/12 3:39 PM
I'm guessing this is because enabling remote JMX adds a second port that
the app is trying to listen on.  On Heroku your process can only listen
on one port (for HTTP).  So unfortunately you won't be able to do remote
JMX management of the app on Heroku.

It's not JMX, but the New Relic add-on provides a lot of information
about your processes on Heroku.  Perhaps that will give you what you need.