making java as fast as javascript

Showing 1-2 of 2 messages
making java as fast as javascript Justin Donaldson 7/15/12 11:29 AM
I never would've thought this is the case, but the google v8 engine seems to do some call site optimization that can beat java in math and vector performance:

Maybe a FastMath class is a good idea, with macro methods that detect integer arguments and switch to more efficient algorithms.

Best,
-Justin

--
blog: http://www.scwn.net
twitter: sudojudo

Re: [haxe] making java as fast as javascript Cauê Waneck 7/15/12 12:20 PM
Very nice info. I really never would have thought about that :)
I can replace Math to FastMath for Haxe very easily, btw