Google map doesn't work on IE9 mobile on Windows phone

Showing 1-6 of 6 messages
Google map doesn't work on IE9 mobile on Windows phone juleschu 12/5/11 5:49 AM
Hi,

I'm currently working on an mobile app in html5 with the jquerymobile framework. But I have an issue with google map on a windows phone device (for me an omina 7).

> I can't move or zoom on the map ...
Here is a live example of it http://labs.eyesweat.com/baby/localisation

Thanks a lot for you help.
Re: Google map doesn't work on IE9 mobile on Windows phone Enoch Lau (Google Employee) 12/5/11 1:59 PM
Windows Phone is not supported: http://code.google.com/apis/maps/faq.html#browsersupport

Enoch
Re: Google map doesn't work on IE9 mobile on Windows phone JFrancis 12/9/11 8:21 AM
Could you elaborate on your statement "Windows phone is not supported?" Your link would seem to indicate the browser, yet my understanding is Windows 7 Phone runs a version of Internet Explorer Mobile with a rendering engine which is based on IE 9.

JF
Re: Google map doesn't work on IE9 mobile on Windows phone Rossko 12/9/11 8:27 AM
> Windows 7 Phone runs a version of Internet Explorer Mobile

Internet Explorer Mobile is not in the supported browser list.
That doesn't necesserily mean it won't work at all, but some features
might not.

Re: [Google Maps API v3] Re: Google map doesn't work on IE9 mobile on Windows phone Andrew Leach 12/9/11 11:49 AM

The problem (as I have experienced it) is that the OS captures user
actions and applies them to the entire page. It doesn't pass
pinch-to-zoom or pans through to the map. Clicks (touches) are ok on
the map. But without being able to pan it's a bit limited.

Re: [Google Maps API v3] Re: Google map doesn't work on IE9 mobile on Windows phone Enoch Lau (Google Employee) 12/9/11 12:17 PM
If IE Mobile / Windows Phone support is desirable, please feel free to file a feature request: http://code.google.com/p/gmaps-api-issues/issues/list

Enoch