Gmail no longer in Beta-test

Showing 1-7 of 7 messages
Gmail no longer in Beta-test Andy 7/8/09 7:59 PM
Some of you will be pleased to know ...

Gmail/Googlemail is no longer in Beta.  It is now "real".

Also some of the other Google products (Calendar, Docs) are supposed to have
come out of Beta.

Andy

Re: [Gmail-Users] Gmail no longer in Beta-test donf...@gmail.com 7/8/09 11:21 PM
What does being "real" mean for those of us who have been using it while in Beta?  Is it no longer free?
don
Re: Gmail no longer in Beta-test cnm2311 7/9/09 9:31 AM
They were in beta??
Re: [Gmail-Users] Re: Gmail no longer in Beta-test Nick Chirchirillo 7/9/09 9:33 AM
It doesn't really mean anything.  Now people can stop complaining that it's been in Beta for five years.--
-Nick
Re: [Gmail-Users] Re: Gmail no longer in Beta-test Zack Tennant 7/9/09 9:34 AM
Unless they install the "Back in Beta" lab (which adds the Beta tag back on).--

Robert Frost  - "Most of the change we think we see in life is due to truths being in and out of favor."
Re: [Gmail-Users] Re: Gmail no longer in Beta-test Andy 7/9/09 10:24 AM
> They were in beta??

Yes.  You signed up to be a Beta-tester when you signed up for Gmail.

Gmail has always been in Beta-test, until yesterday.  If you looked at the
Gmail logo up in the corner of your screen, it used to say Beta in or under
the logo.

So far, it is still free, and I really hope it stays that way.  (One of the
things that bothered me whenever anyone complained that it was still in
Beta.)  But I read something saying that moving them out of Beta test makes
it easier for Google to market (sell) a product that includes Gmail, Docs,
Calendar, and several other items in one integrated package.

Andy

Re: [Gmail-Users] Re: Gmail no longer in Beta-test Fuzzy 7/9/09 10:36 AM
I did that the instant I saw it was available.