Tagging Facebook OpenGraph stories with foursquare places

Showing 1-1 of 1 messages
Tagging Facebook OpenGraph stories with foursquare places Akshay Patil 7/2/12 1:44 PM
Hey developers,

You can now tag Facebook OpenGraph stories with foursquare locations. So if you use foursquare's venue database and push content to facebook, you can now include the foursquare venue url (https://foursquare.com/v/VENUE_ID) and facebook will tag the posted content with the appropriate location.

For more details, see https://developers.facebook.com/docs/opengraph/location_tagging/ ("Publishing Actions with 3rd party places")

Publishing Actions with 3rd party places

Publishing actions with 3rd party places is similar to the location tagging example above, except that you will pass in the url to another site's place object. In this example, we're passing in a foursquare venue url as our place. We will pull the location data from the 3rd party place object for rendering the timeline map and newsfeed story.

https://graph.facebook.com/me/eightsquare:pin?
    dish=http://www.example.com/pizza.html&
    place=https://foursquare.com/v/eataly/4c5ef77bfff99c74eda954d3&
    access_token=YOUR_ACCESS_TOKEN