Espresso gem disappeared?

Showing 1-9 of 9 messages
Espresso gem disappeared? Joran Kikke 6/20/13 9:29 AM
Hello,

I can't seem to find the location of the espresso gem anymore.

The following sites 404:

And bundler can't find the gem to install:

Could not find e-0.4.10 in any of the sources

Any idea what's up?
Re: Espresso gem disappeared? Matt 6/20/13 5:54 PM
I'm wondering the same, myself.

I've been interested in what happened since I planned to cover the Espresso framework and tools for the Ruby5 podcast. When it came time to record that episode today I looked back at the GitHub repos I'd used for research, and they were all suddenly gone. Same with the user account and organization.

Earlier this morning, presentations announcing Espresso were still on Speakerdeck, including https://speakerdeck.com/waltee/ruby-handling-1-million-concurrent-connections. This afternoon they are now gone.

The demo site for Rear was also functioning and live this morning, but it's returning HTTP 502's now.

Hopefully everything is fine...
Re: Espresso gem disappeared? Tim Uckun 6/21/13 5:20 AM
Wow. That is very strange indeed. gem search -b espresso does list the gem though.

Re: Espresso gem disappeared? Matt 6/21/13 11:06 AM
The main Espresso gem was called "e", you can see on RubyGems.org that it was yanked: http://rubygems.org/gems/e
Re: Espresso gem disappeared? James 6/21/13 1:10 PM
Unfortunately, looks like Silviu has removed his online presence.  Last I looked, there were over 600 people who'd starred Espresso.  There's no doubt it was a successful project, and in my opinion one of the best Ruby frameworks.  Silviu must've put in a huge amount of time working on Espresso, and the ecosystem he'd formed around it.  I'd like to thank him for all his work on Espresso.

That said, there are much more important things in life than working on Ruby libraries, and I hope he's just discovered some of those things and is enjoying life.  Just wish he hadn't completely deleted everything, and cut us off from associating with him.  :)

Re: Espresso gem disappeared? Tim Uckun 6/21/13 3:57 PM

I find it very sad and I hope he is ok. He seemed to be very nice and helpful guy.

On 22/06/2013 8:10 AM, "James" <ja...@truckhardware.ca> wrote:
Unfortunately, looks like Silviu has removed his online presence.  Last I looked, there were over 600 people who'd starred Espresso.  There's no doubt it was a successful project, and in my opinion one of the best Ruby frameworks.  Silviu must've put in a huge amount of time working on Espresso, and the ecosystem he'd formed around it.  I'd like to thank him for all his work on Espresso.

That said, there are much more important things in life than working on Ruby libraries, and I hope he's just discovered some of those things and is enjoying life.  Just wish he hadn't completely deleted everything, and cut us off from associating with him.  :)

Re: Espresso gem disappeared? Michael Herman 6/21/13 11:41 PM
Fortunately, I forked it - https://github.com/mjhea0/espresso

Re: Espresso gem disappeared? Josef Pospíšil 6/24/13 1:02 AM
Well, if it is true it is really sad. Slivu is one of the best developer I have ever cooperated.

But somehow I think it was long in the making. Change of the username on github, anonymity on LinkedIn and so on.

I just hope, it is part of some bigger plan altogether. And that slivu is allright.

Dne čtvrtek, 20. června 2013 18:29:49 UTC+2 Joran Kikke napsal(a):
Re: Espresso gem disappeared? Tim Uckun 6/24/13 1:34 AM

Does anybody know him personally?

Can they check on him to make sure he is ok?