Raspberry Pi

Showing 1-13 of 13 messages
Raspberry Pi Kenshirou 3/10/12 2:10 AM
Hi, I would like to say thanks for this digital signage, I have
successfully installed it in my school, (besides the RSS Feeds) and
it's going down really well. I don't know what you think about the
Raspberry Pi but I was thinking if you could get the Live CD working
on this device, this would make Concerto soo much better. Again I
would like to thank you for this great software and I really can't
wait much longer for Concerto V2.
Re: Raspberry Pi Brian Michalski 3/10/12 9:50 PM
If you've got any spare units we'd certainly be interested in seeing
how Concerto runs on the platform :-P

In all seriousness I'm optimistic someone who gets their hands on one
will let us know how Concerto runs.

Re: Raspberry Pi Kenshirou 3/11/12 4:52 AM
Yeah, "spare units", impossible to even get one at the moment. Anyways
we can always hope for the best and keep up with the excellent project

On Mar 11, 5:50 am, Brian Michalski <bmichal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you've got any spare units we'd certainly be interested in seeing
> how Concerto runs on the platform :-P
>
> In all seriousness I'm optimistic someone who gets their hands on one
> will let us know how Concerto runs.

Re: Raspberry Pi Jason Kurian 4/24/12 10:45 PM
Do you have Concerto successfully running on Raspberry Pi units?
Re: Raspberry Pi Brian Michalski 4/25/12 3:32 PM
Not to my knowledge.  We don't have any Raspberry Pi units.

~Brian M

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/concerto-digital-signage/-/RvAEJCjNJvEJ.

Re: Raspberry Pi Steve S. 4/25/12 4:51 PM
We don't have one of these yet but we have been planning on setting one up as a concerto client. Keep in mind that the LiveCD won't work on a Raspberry Pi since they use an ARM processor, however you can always load another Linux distro on it. They are able to handle 1080P and seem to run XBMC pretty well from what I've seen in previews so loading a web browser to view a concerto screen shouldn't be a problem. I am working on an ArchLinux client on a small form factor Intel Atom and since ArchLinux supports ARM I can easily move everything over to the Pi when/if we get one. If you do get a Raspberry Pi I would be delighted to hear how you set it up :)
___________________________________
Re: Raspberry Pi Freysteinn 6/8/12 4:24 AM
I've been trying Concerto on a Rasberry Pi.
I'm using the recommended Rasberry Pi Debian 6 and the Midori browser.
Unfortunately the CPU is in full load the whole time, but it seems to
work. I'm using Concerto 1.9.3.
I will know more in a few days.

Best regards
Frey Alfredsson

On Apr 25, 11:51 pm, Steve Sanderson <stsanders...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We don't have one of these yet but we have been planning on setting one up
> as a concerto client. Keep in mind that the LiveCD won't work on a
> Raspberry Pi since they use an ARM processor, however you can always load
> another Linux distro on it. They are able to handle 1080P and seem to run
> XBMC pretty well from what I've seen in previews so loading a web browser
> to view a concerto screen shouldn't be a problem. I am working on an
> ArchLinux client on a small form factor Intel Atom and since ArchLinux
> supports ARM I can easily move everything over to the Pi when/if we get
> one. If you do get a Raspberry Pi I would be delighted to hear how you set
> it up :)
> ___________________________________
>
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 6:32 PM, Brian Michalski <bmichal...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Not to my knowledge.  We don't have any Raspberry Pi units.
>
> > ~Brian M
>
> > On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 3:45 PM, Jason Kurian <jason...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Do you have Concerto successfully running on Raspberry Pi units?

Re: Raspberry Pi Steve S. 7/12/12 8:59 AM
The live CD would not work on the Raspberry Pi as is, The PI runs an ARM processor, the CD OS is not compiled to work on ARM.

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 9:46 AM, Larry Lovering <llov...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm interested in how you got Concerto to work on the Pi.  Did you use the Debian distro as a starting point?  I would like to use the Raspberry Pi as a Concerto Player, but have not seen how I could get the files from the live CD to the Debian distro and install.  I'm using an Ubuntu server for my Concerto server and that works well on an Atom netbook with 1gb memory.

-Larry
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/concerto-digital-signage/-/BAw6JgxrxjwJ.

Re: Raspberry Pi Brian Michalski 8/8/12 8:23 PM
Hi Andy (and anyone else with Concerto on an embedded device)!
I'd love to see how the Raspberry Pi performs with Concerto!  Is there any chance you can grab a video of it running and send it along (maybe record something with a mobile phone)?  I'm particularly interested in fades between graphical and text content.

If you're uncomfortable sharing with the world, feel free to reach me directly at bmich...@gmail.com.

Thanks,
~Brian M

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 4:37 PM, Andy Dietz <adi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thought I'd share the steps I took to make Raspberry Pi work with Concerto - Quick and easy...

Start with a Stock Install of Raspbian -
at setup, choose to expand the disk to full sd card, and boot into window manager.

after Raspbian is up and running:

1. Make the mouse pointer disappear
sudo apt-get install unclutter

2.) Set up the LXDE X Window to automatic start the web browser midori with your web page.
sudo nano ~/.config/lxsession/LXDE/autostart

3.) Switch off the automatic screen blanking.
sudo nano /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf
Enable in the category 'SeatDefaults' the xserver-command like following:
[SeatDefaults]
xserver-command=X -s 0 dpms

Reboot and you should have a functioning Screen.

On Saturday, March 10, 2012 3:10:21 AM UTC-7, Kenshirou wrote:
Hi, I would like to say thanks for this digital signage, I have
successfully installed it in my school, (besides the RSS Feeds) and
it's going down really well. I don't know what you think about the
Raspberry Pi but I was thinking if you could get the Live CD working
on this device, this would make Concerto soo much better. Again I
would like to thank you for this great software and I really can't
wait much longer for Concerto V2.

Re: Raspberry Pi Brian Michalski 9/7/12 9:58 PM
Hi Paul,
If you've already got a webserver running with PHP & MySQL you've already done the heavy lifting.  A concerto server should run just fine, if you run into any trouble let us know!  You can find some very detailed instructions written up here: https://github.com/concerto/concerto_v1/wiki/Installation

~Brian M

On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 2:46 AM, Paul MJ Stone <paulm...@gmail.com> wrote:
Excellent news on the client.  I'm interested to know if a Raspberry Pi can be setup as a server...
I appreciate the existing download is not compiled for an ARM chip but what needs to happen for that? My Linux knowledge is decades old and don't know that much about MySQL so I'm hoping for a simple recipe! I have a working webserver on a pi (wheezy distro) with php/MySQL (I think!).

I'm part of the Oxford Raspberry Jam and would add this to our 'knowledgebase'...

Any pointers would be useful, thanks.
Paul

Re: Raspberry Pi Brian Michalski 9/7/12 10:00 PM
Thanks for the video!  The fades look pretty poor / nonexistent, but that's what we've come to expect from limited hardware platforms.

~Brian M

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 11:50 AM, Ray Seals <rays...@gmail.com> wrote:
Here you go...

http://youtu.be/wDOJGJtg1vM

Re: Raspberry Pi Brian Michalski 9/15/12 11:45 PM
Hrm, Concerto should be displaying the time from the server.  Perhaps PHP has UTC set as the default timezone?

~Brian M

On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 6:13 AM, Paul MJ Stone <paulm...@gmail.com> wrote:
OK sorted the permissions issue on /var/www/concerto/content/...  with a sudo chown www-data /var/www/concerto/content/,,,,,, for images and templates directories.
(FYI the full installation takes about 46% of a 4Gb SD card so I've moved to a bigger card!)

Now, I have a working server which I can load content too but, and this niggles me, the system time is correct with daylight savings implemented but the concerto display shows UTC ?!
Does anyone know why this happens ? all machines have the correct dst adjusted times.

unk...@googlegroups.com 9/16/12 8:41 AM <This message has been deleted.>