"Watch" error in version 0.12.0 : No application integration exists for rails

Showing 1-3 of 3 messages
"Watch" error in version 0.12.0 : No application integration exists for rails Pat O'Callaghan 3/12/12 5:05 PM
Hey guys,

I will admit I'm a complete n00b when it comes to Ruby/Rails related stuff, I'm a .Net developer, so go easy on me ;-).

I've been using compass/sass for a few months now and loving it but this morning I updated to version 0.12.0 and am having some trouble. Whenever I try to run the "compass watch [folder name]" command I get the following message/error "No application integration exists for rails". I'm not developing a Rails app but instead of just using the command line tools to compile/watch my .scss files.

I've done a bit of digging and I'm guessing it's to do with the following found the following  https://github.com/Compass/compass-rails and  http://compass-style.org/blog/2012/01/29/compass-and-rails-integration/ but unfortunately it's all a bit over my head. Do I need to install additional components to get v12 to work?

FYI I'm running on Windows 7.

Thanks for your time,
Pat

Re: "Watch" error in version 0.12.0 : No application integration exists for rails Pat O'Callaghan 3/13/12 2:39 AM
I managed to resolve the problem.

The problem was I had "project_type = :rails" in my config file which I guess meant compass was trying to run in the context of a rails app rather than standalone? Well anyway, removing it worked.
Re: "Watch" error in version 0.12.0 : No application integration exists for rails Ryan Gerry 9/17/12 10:50 AM
I had the same situation in a Rails 2.3 app.  I was unsure about committing my config without the "project_type = :rails" line.  After thinking about it I realized that all I had to do was install the compass-rails gem and add it to my Gemfile as described in the README like so:

group :assets do
  gem "compass-rails"
end

Then my "bundle exec compass watch" worked.