PodSpec version numbers for un-versioned projects..?

Showing 1-3 of 3 messages
PodSpec version numbers for un-versioned projects..? David Spector 4/17/12 11:18 AM
Is there an agreed upon numbering scheme when creating podspecs for unversioned projects?  I was planning on adding a podspec for Peter Steinberger's PSStoreButton but there is no internal version number in the code nor any kind of versioning in the branches or tags.  Should such repos just start at "1.0" ...?

cheers,
  David
Re: PodSpec version numbers for un-versioned projects..? SevInf 4/17/12 11:25 AM
Hi, David.
Specs without version number should be added as 0.0.1. You should explicitly reference a commit and don't use just HEAD version.
For example:

s.source = {:git=>https://github.com/user/repo.git}
is wrong, but
 s.source = {:git=>https://github.com/user/repo.git, :commit=>'abcdef12'}
is right.

You also responsible for asking authors of the library to add tags. We have a template for this: https://github.com/CocoaPods/Specs/wiki/%22Please-add-semantic-version-tags%22-issue-template

Regards,
Sergej.

вторник, 17 апреля 2012 г., 21:18:44 UTC+3 пользователь David Spector написал:
Is there an agreed upon numbering scheme when creating podspecs for unversioned projects?  I was planning on adding a podspec for Peter Steinberger's PSStoreButton but there is no internal version number in the code nor any kind of versioning in the branches or tags.  Should such repos just start at "1.0" ...?

cheers,
  David
Re: PodSpec version numbers for un-versioned projects..? David Spector 4/17/12 11:38 AM
Sergej,

 Exactly what I was looking for - thank you!

_David