ANN: Clojure/dev Google Summer of Code 2012 Proposals Selected!

Showing 1-2 of 2 messages
ANN: Clojure/dev Google Summer of Code 2012 Proposals Selected! David Nolen 4/23/12 8:03 PM
Congratulations to the following students, their proposals have been
accepted for Clojure/dev's Google Summer of Code 2012!

Jon Rose
  - Lightweight Clojure editor
Raphael Amiard
  - Pluggable backend infrastructure for ClojureScript
Alexander Yakushev
  - Toolchain for dynamic Clojure development on Android
Ambrose Bonnaire-Sargeant
  - Typed Clojure
These proposals were selected as they not only had the best overall
score as determined by the mentoring group but we believe that they
will have a significant impact and are likely to be embraced and
extended by the Clojure community. We received many proposals we
wished to pursue but as a first year organization we feel pretty lucky
to have been given four slots and we're confident that these
four will keep everyone quite busy.

We look forward to collaborating as a whole community with these
students this summer. Collectively let's try our best to
make sure these projects succeed! Doing so will improve our
chances to be accepted as a mentoring organization next year and to
accommodate an even larger number of proposals.

A big cheers to the Clojure community, this is going to be a fun summer!

Re: ANN: Clojure/dev Google Summer of Code 2012 Proposals Selected! Ambrose Bonnaire-Sergeant 4/23/12 8:29 PM
Thanks to all that made this possible, and a big thanks to David for a his tireless effort!

If you are interested in following the development of Typed Clojure

I predict the project will either be an epic success or a spectacular failure :-) (ie. or uncover novel research problems)

Either way, it will be fun to watch!

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Clojure Dev" group.
To post to this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at