Chocolatey official public feed now has 1,000 stable packages

Showing 1-5 of 5 messages
Chocolatey official public feed now has 1,000 stable packages FerventCoder 6/1/13 9:11 AM
Chocolatey has reached a milestone at 1K unique stable packages! When I started chocolatey a little over two years ago I didn't know there would be a tremendous community uptake. I am blessed that you have found value in chocolatey and have contributed code, packages, bugs and ideas to making chocolatey better.

Inline image 1

To celebrate this we should look at who contributed the package that put us over the top. It was Justin Dearing with SqlKerberosConfigMgr (http://chocolatey.org/packages/SqlKerberosConfigMgr). And I'm giving Justin a $50 gift card for Amazon as a small token of my appreciation. It's not much but we appreciate the contributions!  Justin, please send me a direct email and I will get you the code. This was unannounced because we want to focus on quality, not quantity.

Now, while this is a significant milestone, we are not very far in the bigger scheme of offerings for Windows. There is no hurry to get there, we prefer quality packages over quantity of packages. We will eventually grow much bigger and as we add additional sources, it increases the amount of packages we can offer.

Thanks so much to all of you for all of your work, we wouldn't be where we are today without the community.
Re: Chocolatey official public feed now has 1,000 stable packages Justin Dearing 6/1/13 9:27 AM
Rob,

Thanks for the recognition, and thanks for writing chocolatey. 1000 packages is a good start, but I look forward to helping to catch up to some of these other package systems:
  • FreeBSD 24,330 ports
  • Macports 17,116
  • I can't get easy numbers on the linux distros
Finally, thank  you to everyone that contributes to or uses chocolatey.

I'm glad I was able to join this project early in its life to get to experience these milestones. I look forward to its continual growth.

Justin
Re: Chocolatey official public feed now has 1,000 stable packages Anthony Mastrean 6/2/13 11:18 AM
Excellent work to all contributors! Any numbers on total downloads?
Re: [chocolatey] Re: Chocolatey official public feed now has 1,000 stable packages FerventCoder 6/2/13 11:23 AM
You can see it on the front page of chocolatey - 513K downloads.

Inline image 2

On Sun, Jun 2, 2013 at 1:18 PM, Anthony Mastrean <anthony....@gmail.com> wrote:
Excellent work to all contributors! Any numbers on total downloads?

Let's get chocolatey!

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "chocolatey" group.

Re: Chocolatey official public feed now has 1,000 stable packages gep13 6/4/13 10:33 AM
Congratulations Justin, well deserved! :-)