CambR Meeting

Showing 1-1 of 1 messages
CambR Meeting Laurent 5/17/12 2:28 AM
Dear all,

The time is ripe for a second CambR meeting

When: Tuesday, 29th May 2012 - doors open at 6:30 pm, talks starts at 7:00pm
Where: The Fountain Inn [0], 12 Regent Street, Cambridge, CB2 1DB

The programme is particularly exciting this time - we have two excellent invited speakers:

You all know R for sure, and have probably heard about or seen the Google visualisation API. Well, Markus Gesmann will tell us about interfacing the latter through R to produce fancy interactive charts:

Interactive charts with R and googleVis - The talk will give an overview of how R and googleVis [1] can be used to create interactive charts with the Google Visualisation API.  In combination with RStudio and the knitr package it is also possible to create interactive reports quite easily [2].

From S Poetry [3] to R Inferno [4], Pat Burns will delight us with his R wisdom:

Inferno-ish R - While R is wonderful, it is not uniformly wonderful. We highlight a few things generally found to be confusing, and outline the forces that have driven such imperfections.

So to help us with the organisation, could you sign up at the following doodle poll:

Feel free to forward this mail and help us organise a successful meeting by spreading the word.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to get in touch.

Looking forward to seeing you.

Laurent and Mark