Categories: BeagleBone : Software :

Python thermal printing library

Showing 1-3 of 3 messages
Python thermal printing library Lauri Kainulainen 6/20/12 11:10 PM
Hi all,

I've released a small library to control the thermal printer sold by Adafruit and others (http://www.adafruit.com/products/597).

It can print text and do bitmap graphics. Just fire up the printer, connect to UART2 and run "python printer.py".

https://github.com/luopio/py-thermal-printer/

Cheers,
Lauri Kainulainen

Re: Python thermal printing library m...@apaq.dk 2/1/13 3:49 AM
Cool.

Have you links to any online tutorials of how to connect the printer to the beaglebone?

-Michael
Re: Python thermal printing library Upol Ryskulova 4/8/15 7:09 AM
Hello Lauri,
I really need your help. I want to print image with two graphs using thermal printer which is connected to Beaglebone black.
I did try with just random graph image from the internet, but resolution is bad, and color of the lines in the graph is grey. It is not clear. I also changed the graph line's
thickness and got more clearer print, but still it is not clear enough.
 How can I overcome this problem?
What should I need to do to get clear print from thermal printer?
I will be very glad for your help.
Regards,
Upol