Best way for using Gstreamer + Openmax with DSP on beagle board ?

Showing 1-51 of 51 messages
Best way for using Gstreamer + Openmax with DSP on beagle board ? jessy 12/7/08 7:20 AM
Hi everyone !!!

I have been following [1] and [2] to check whether I can play an avi file using gstreamer + Openmax with DSP acceleration.
I have been using my own cooked up makefiles for building each of the gstreamer dep packages. For each packages I looked up the options from OE meta data. And by trial and error, i resolved each of the unwanted dependencies.

I tried the instruction given in the [2]

gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location="foobar.avi" ! avidemux ! omx_mpeg4dec ! omapfbsink

Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
OMX-Component not found with current ST static component loader.
ERROR: Pipeline doesn't want to pause.
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
FREEING pipeline ...


Any one else came across this problem ?

I would like to know one more thing. [2] specifies to use libomxil-ti but does not mention anything about  libomxil-bellagio. Do we really need that ? I build it anyway to the rootfs.


thanks

jesslyn

[1] http://elinux.org/BeagleBoard/DSP_Howto
[2] http://elinux.org/BeagleBoard/gst-openmax
[3] http://groups.google.com/group/beagleboard/browse_thread/thread/be4d5f55bd4f8b19/6992959974d89716?lnk=gst&q=How+to+get+DSP+working+in+beagleboard%3F#6992959974d89716
Re: Best way for using Gstreamer + Openmax with DSP on beagle board ? Preston Wilson 12/7/08 7:54 AM
On Dec 7, 10:20 am, "Jesslyn Abdul Salam"
> [3]http://groups.google.com/group/beagleboard/browse_thread/thread/be4d5...

I am not running that set of software, so this is just a guess based
on the output.  It sounds like gst-launch cannot find/load a library
it needs to load.  Where did you install or build the libraries that
do the decoding?  Did you set LD_LIBRARY_PATH or any paths that gst-
launch uses to find loadable libraries?  Is there anything about
setting up load paths in the instructions or manual for gst-launch?

-Preston
Re: [beagleboard] Best way for using Gstreamer + Openmax with DSP on beagle board ? Felipe Contreras 12/7/08 8:23 AM
Hi,

On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 5:20 PM, Jesslyn Abdul Salam
<jesslyn.a...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone !!!
>
> I have been following [1] and [2] to check whether I can play an avi file
> using gstreamer + Openmax with DSP acceleration.
> I have been using my own cooked up makefiles for building each of the
> gstreamer dep packages. For each packages I looked up the options from OE
> meta data. And by trial and error, i resolved each of the unwanted
> dependencies.
>
> I tried the instruction given in the [2]
>
> gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location="foobar.avi" ! avidemux ! omx_mpeg4dec !
> omapfbsink
>
> Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
> OMX-Component not found with current ST static component loader.
> ERROR: Pipeline doesn't want to pause.
> Setting pipeline to NULL ...
> FREEING pipeline ...
>
> Any one else came across this problem ?
>
> I would like to know one more thing. [2] specifies to use libomxil-ti but
> does not mention anything about  libomxil-bellagio. Do we really need that ?
> I build it anyway to the rootfs.

By default gst-openmax is using libomxil-bellagio, you can check that
by running:
gst-inspec-0.10 omx_mpeg4dec

You can specify which omx library to use at run-tine:
omx_mpeg4dec library-name="libOMX_Core.so" component-name="OMX.TI.Video.Decoder"

Or you can use the "omap" branch in gst-openmax's github, which has
the right default values for TI's omx.

I forgot to mention that on the howto =/

--
Felipe Contreras

Re: [beagleboard] Re: Best way for using Gstreamer + Openmax with DSP on beagle board ? Jesslyn Abdul Salam 12/7/08 11:10 PM
Hi Preston!

I normally install every library into /lib to avoid manually setting up the path.

Jesslyn
Re: [beagleboard] Re: Best way for using Gstreamer + Openmax with DSP on beagle board ? Jesslyn Abdul Salam 12/7/08 11:14 PM
Hi Felipe,


By default gst-openmax is using libomxil-bellagio, you can check that
by running:
gst-inspec-0.10 omx_mpeg4dec

You can specify which omx library to use at run-tine:
omx_mpeg4dec library-name="libOMX_Core.so" component-name="OMX.TI.Video.Decoder"

I will try this.


Or you can use the "omap" branch in gst-openmax's github, which has
the right default values for TI's omx.

Btw, gst-openmax in  your github [1] did not work for me. Since CVS folder is missing, it did not download the "common" module into it. Instead I tried the [2]. It downloads the "common" module using git.


 


I forgot to mention that on the howto =/

If I can get it working, I can contribute complete Howto on building the entire stack(gstreamer + openmax + dsp)  using a single makefile to your wiki page.

- Jesslyn


--
Felipe Contreras



Re: [beagleboard] Re: Best way for using Gstreamer + Openmax with DSP on beagle board ? Felipe Contreras 12/8/08 3:50 AM
On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 9:14 AM, Jesslyn Abdul Salam
<jesslyn.a...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Felipe,
>
>>
>> By default gst-openmax is using libomxil-bellagio, you can check that
>> by running:
>> gst-inspec-0.10 omx_mpeg4dec
>>
>> You can specify which omx library to use at run-tine:
>> omx_mpeg4dec library-name="libOMX_Core.so"
>> component-name="OMX.TI.Video.Decoder"
>
> I will try this.
>>
>>
>> Or you can use the "omap" branch in gst-openmax's github, which has
>> the right default values for TI's omx.
>
> Btw, gst-openmax in  your github [1] did not work for me. Since CVS folder
> is missing, it did not download the "common" module into it. Instead I tried
> the [2]. It downloads the "common" module using git.

Right, it's still not the official repo, so you need to download the
common submodule:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~bilboed/common/

>> I forgot to mention that on the howto =/
>
> If I can get it working, I can contribute complete Howto on building the
> entire stack(gstreamer + openmax + dsp)  using a single makefile to your
> wiki page.

Great! But the instructions to do it manually should be there too.

--
Felipe Contreras

Re: [beagleboard] Re: Best way for using Gstreamer + Openmax with DSP on beagle board ? Jesslyn Abdul Salam 12/8/08 4:35 AM
Hi Felipe,

 
>> You can specify which omx library to use at run-tine:
>> omx_mpeg4dec library-name="libOMX_Core.so"
>> component-name="OMX.TI.Video.Decoder"
>
> I will try this.
>>
>>

 I have tried the above options.
 After booting the BB, i gave

modprobe bridgedriver base_img=/lib/dsp/baseimage.dof

It didnt give any messages!!

Then,

gst-launch filesrc location=video.avi ! avidemux ! omx_mpeg4dec library-name="libOMX_Core.so" component-name="OMX.TI.Video.Decoder" ! omapfbsink
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
***** DSPMMU FAULT ***** IRQStatus 0x2
***** DSPMMU FAULT ***** faultAddr 0x20883480
WMD_DEH_Notify: ********** DEVICE EXCEPTION **********
WMD_DEH_Notify: DSP_MMUFAULT,errInfo = 0x0
WMD_DEH_Notify: DSP_MMUFAULT, High Address = 0x2088
WMD_DEH_Notify: DSP_MMUFAULT, Low Address = 0x3480
WMD_DEH_Notify: DSP_MMUFAULT, fault address = 0x20883480
Pipeline is PREROLLED ...
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
New clock: GstSystemClock

It gets stuck after this. But I am able to see "TI" in pink color in the upper left corner of my LCD monitor.

I guess, dsp bridge driver is not working properly!!  I have selected DISABLE_BRIDGE_DVFS and DISABLE_BRIDGE_PM while compiling the DSP module.

-Jesslyn.





>> Or you can use the "omap" branch in gst-openmax's github, which has
>> the right default values for TI's omx.
>
> Btw, gst-openmax in  your github [1] did not work for me. Since CVS folder
> is missing, it did not download the "common" module into it. Instead I tried
> the [2]. It downloads the "common" module using git.

Right, it's still not the official repo, so you need to download the
common submodule:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~bilboed/common/

>> I forgot to mention that on the howto =/
>
> If I can get it working, I can contribute complete Howto on building the
> entire stack(gstreamer + openmax + dsp)  using a single makefile to your
> wiki page.

Great! But the instructions to do it manually should be there too.

--
Felipe Contreras



Re: [beagleboard] Re: Best way for using Gstreamer + Openmax with DSP on beagle board ? Felipe Contreras 12/8/08 6:19 AM

It might related to some issue with the DSP socket nodes. I reported a
similar issue some time ago:
https://omapzoom.org/gf/project/openmax/mailman/?_forum_action=ForumMessageBrowse&thread_id=229&action=ListThreads&mailman_id=19

I heard they were supposed to update the binaries, but I'm still
waiting for tiopenmax-0.4.

I'm cc-ing the TI openmax ml. Any input on this?

--
Felipe Contreras

Re: [beagleboard] Re: Best way for using Gstreamer + Openmax with DSP on beagle board ? Felipe Contreras 12/8/08 6:20 AM

Pfff, I bcc'ed the list, now I'm cc'ing.

--
Felipe Contreras

Re: [beagleboard] Re: Best way for using Gstreamer + Openmax with DSP on beagle board ? Jesslyn Abdul Salam 12/8/08 6:27 AM
Hi Felipe,


It might related to some issue with the DSP socket nodes.

Even I thought so. When I do a ping test. I am getting like this:
DSP device detected !!
DSPNode_Allocate failed: 0x80008008
 

-Jesslyn


I reported a
similar issue some time ago:
https://omapzoom.org/gf/project/openmax/mailman/?_forum_action=ForumMessageBrowse&thread_id=229&action=ListThreads&mailman_id=19

I heard they were supposed to update the binaries, but I'm still
waiting for tiopenmax-0.4.

I'm cc-ing the TI openmax ml. Any input on this?

--
Felipe Contreras



Re: [beagleboard] Re: Best way for using Gstreamer + Openmax with DSP on beagle board ? Felipe Contreras 12/8/08 6:38 AM
On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 4:27 PM, Jesslyn Abdul Salam
<jesslyn.a...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Felipe,
>
>
>> It might related to some issue with the DSP socket nodes.
>
> Even I thought so. When I do a ping test. I am getting like this:
> DSP device detected !!
> DSPNode_Allocate failed: 0x80008008

I've updated the howto for that common issue:
http://elinux.org/BeagleBoard/DSP_Howto#ping_test

Basically you probably need to do:
./dynreg.out -r pingdyn_3430.dll64P

--
Felipe Contreras

Re: [beagleboard] Re: Best way for using Gstreamer + Openmax with DSP on beagle board ? Jesslyn Abdul Salam 12/8/08 6:56 AM
Hi Felipe,


 I got this one atleast right.

After giving ping.out:

DSP device detected !!
DSPNodeCreate succeeded
DSPNode_registerNotify succeeded
DSPNode_run succeeded
Ping: Id 1.000000 Msg 0.000000 Mem 2408232.000000
Ping: Id 1.000000 Msg 1.000000 Mem 2408232.000000
....

I tried the gst-launch for an avi file like I have used earlier with out any luck.


-jesslyn

 

--
Felipe Contreras



Re: Best way for using Gstreamer + Openmax with DSP on beagle board ? kumar...@gmail.com 12/10/08 2:52 AM
Hi all,

I am trying to use DSP with Gsteamer and OpenMAX. I am following the
steps given in elinux wiki [1] & [2].
Now i want to compile gst-openmax plug-in using codesourcery arm-gnu
tool chain. I downloaded package from git sever using git clone but
after "./autogen.sh --noconfigure" command i got error "There is
something wrong with your source tree.
You are missing common/gst-autogen.sh". So i downloaded the same tar
package from [3] and followed these steps

step-1..  ./autogen.sh --noconfigure
step-2.. ./configure --prefix=/usr --host=arm-none-linux-gnueabi

after this command i got the following error

"configure: Package gstreamer-0.10 was not found in the pkg-config
search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gstreamer-0.10.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'gstreamer-0.10' found
configure: error: no gstreamer-0.10 >= 0.10.0 (GStreamer) found"

So i exported the path as

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH

after this also i am getting the same error.

So how to fix this issue or plz currect me if any thing wrong in my
steps??

Thanx,
Kumar

[1] http://elinux.org/BeagleBoard/DSP_Howto
[2] http://elinux.org/BeagleBoard/gst-openmax
[3] http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/src/gst-openmax/pre/


On Dec 8, 7:56 pm, "Jesslyn Abdul Salam"
<jesslyn.abdulsa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Felipe,
>
> On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 8:08 PM, Felipe Contreras <felipe.contre...@gmail.com
>
>
>
> > wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 4:27 PM, Jesslyn Abdul Salam
Re: Best way for using Gstreamer + Openmax with DSP on beagle board ? Kumar 12/10/08 6:39 AM
Hi,

I fixed my problem by installing gstreamer-devel library.

Thanks
kumar

On Dec 8, 7:56 pm, "Jesslyn Abdul Salam"
<jesslyn.abdulsa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Felipe,
>
> On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 8:08 PM, Felipe Contreras <felipe.contre...@gmail.com
>
>
>
> > wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 4:27 PM, Jesslyn Abdul Salam
Re: [beagleboard] Re: Best way for using Gstreamer + Openmax with DSP on beagle board ? Jesslyn Abdul Salam 12/10/08 7:28 PM
Hi kumar,

I am assuming that you have cross compiled gstreamer prior to performing these steps. While you were at it , was "/usr/local/" the installation prefix ?
Since your PKG_CONFIG_PATH was "/usr/loca/lib/pkgconfig" it looks like that /usr/local is not the place where you have installed gstreamer.

But if it is the place where you have installed gstreamer then try configuring gst-openmax like this :


cd gst-openmax
./configure CC=arm-linux-gcc --prefix=/usr/local --host=arm-linux PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig
make
make install


But I would STRONGLY RECOMMEND that you give a different installation prefix than /usr/local while cross compiling packages

- Jesslyn









Regards

- Jesslyn
Re: [beagleboard] Re: Best way for using Gstreamer + Openmax with DSP on beagle board ? Kumar 12/10/08 11:14 PM
Hi all,

Thanks Jesslyn for your reply,
Actually i am using the gstreamer binaries given by filipe at [1]. So i took those binaries and placed at /opt in my target root filesystem. Now i am following wiki [2] to cross compile the gst-openmax plugin. can i use those binaries and do this step??.I think i gave my host machine's /usr/local path for installation. I am little confused, could you please give me steps with right path to install in target root filesystem(/media/LABEL2) using codesourcery arm-gnu tool chain instead of scratchbox.

Thanks
Kumar
Re: [beagleboard] Re: Best way for using Gstreamer + Openmax with DSP on beagle board ? kumar...@gmail.com 12/10/08 11:17 PM
Hi all,

Thanks Jesslyn for your reply,
Actually i am using the gstreamer binaries given by filipe at [1]. So i took those binaries and placed at /opt in my target root filesystem. Now i am following wiki [2] to cross compile the gst-openmax plugin. can i use those binaries and do this step??.I think i gave my host machine's /usr/local path for installation. I am little confused, could you please give me steps with right path to install in target root filesystem(/media/LABEL2) using codesourcery arm-gnu tool chain instead of scratchbox.

Thanks
Kumar

[1] http://people.freedesktop.org/~felipec/beagle/beagle-gstreamer-dsp.tar.bz2
[2] http://elinux.org/BeagleBoard/gst-openmax

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 8:58 AM, Jesslyn Abdul Salam <jesslyn.a...@gmail.com> wrote:

Re: [beagleboard] Re: Best way for using Gstreamer + Openmax with DSP on beagle board ? Felipe Contreras 12/11/08 10:31 AM
On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 9:14 AM, Kumar <kumar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Thanks Jesslyn for your reply,
> Actually i am using the gstreamer binaries given by filipe at [1]. So i took
> those binaries and placed at /opt in my target root filesystem. Now i am
> following wiki [2] to cross compile the gst-openmax plugin. can i use those
> binaries and do this step??.I think i gave my host machine's /usr/local path
> for installation. I am little confused, could you please give me steps with
> right path to install in target root filesystem(/media/LABEL2) using
> codesourcery arm-gnu tool chain instead of scratchbox.

Compilation without scratchbox is a little more complicated and no,
you can't use the binaries I provided for development, you would need
at least the headers.

Here I'm explaining how to cross-compile GStreamer with scratchbox.
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/wiki/HowToCompileForEmbedded

And here are some easy steps to setup a scratchbox environment for
armv7 development:
http://gist.github.com/13986

--
Felipe Contreras

Re: [beagleboard] Re: Best way for using Gstreamer + Openmax with DSP on beagle board ? Felipe Contreras 12/11/08 10:36 AM
On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 4:56 PM, Jesslyn Abdul Salam

Then you stumbled upon the same problem as I did.

Chris Kelly from TI said they are aware and planing to fix that:
https://omapzoom.org/gf/project/omapandroid/mailman/?_forum_action=ForumMessageBrowse&thread_id=387&action=ListThreads&mailman_id=22

--
Felipe Contreras

Re: [beagleboard] Re: Best way for using Gstreamer + Openmax with DSP on beagle board ? bhoj 5/6/09 2:58 AM
Hello All,

I am using 3430 ldp. I extracted the tiopenmax 0.3.5 binaries and put them into lib/dsp/ folder and I was able to ping . I followed
http://elinux.org/BeagleBoard/gst-openmax
to setup gstreamer . After building libomxil-ti and gst-openmax I tried to play a video

 gst-launch filesrc location=320x240_mpeg4_aac.mp4 ! qtdemux name=demux demux.video_00 ! omx_mpeg4dec library-name="libOMX_Core.so" component-name="OMX.TI.Video.Decoder" ! fakesink

But it stuck at prerolling .

Is there any way to debug it ? are there any debug msgs that could be enabled on the dspbridge ?



--
with regards vishal
RE: [beagleboard] Re: Best way for using Gstreamer + Openmax with DSP on beagle board ? Søren Steen Christensen 5/6/09 10:00 AM
> I am using 3430 ldp. I extracted the tiopenmax 0.3.5 binaries and put them
into lib/dsp/ folder
> and I was able to ping . I followed
> http://elinux.org/BeagleBoard/gst-openmax
> to setup gstreamer . After building libomxil-ti and gst-openmax I tried to
play a video
>
>  gst-launch filesrc location=320x240_mpeg4_aac.mp4 ! qtdemux name=demux
demux.video_00 !
> omx_mpeg4dec library-name="libOMX_Core.so"
component-name="OMX.TI.Video.Decoder" ! fakesink
>
> But it stuck at prerolling .

I think I hit the same problem - Did you remember to load the kernel modules
using modprobe as discussed in the thread "[beagleboard] Re: New beagleboard
demo image, now with 100% more  DSP"?

And secondly: Did you remember to set the right parameter of mem=88M in the
u-boot environment? This is discussed in the same thread...

Good luck
  Søren

Re: [beagleboard] Re: Best way for using Gstreamer + Openmax with DSP on beagle board ? Daniel Díaz 5/6/09 10:26 AM
Hello!

On the Beagle, I have successfully used these as my bootargs:
'console=ttyS2,115200n8 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rw rootwait rootdelay=1
omapdss.def_disp=dvi omapfb.mode=dvi:1024x768MR-24@60
omapfb.vram=0:4M,1:2M'.

That's using this kernel:
  http://github.com/felipec/linux-omap/tree/v2.6.28-felipec1

These pipelines work perfectly:
* gst-launch filesrc
location=/patterns/hancock-tsr2_MPEG4_AAC_3_5Mbps.mp4 ! qtdemux name=d
d.video_00 ! goodec_mpeg4 ! fakesink -v
* gst-launch filesrc
location=/patterns/hancock-tsr2_MPEG4_AAC_3_5Mbps.mp4 ! qtdemux name=d
d.video_00 ! omx_mpeg4dec ! fakesink -v
* gst-launch filesrc
location=/patterns/hancock-tsr2_MPEG4_AAC_3_5Mbps.mp4 ! qtdemux name=d
d.video_00 ! omx_mpeg4dec ! omapfbsink -v

That was using Poky here:
  http://elinux.org/BeagleBoard/Poky

For the SDP we use a different branch of that Poky overlay and use
"... ! goodec_mpeg4 ! goosink_pp".

Greetings!

Daniel Díaz
dd...@ti.com

Re: [beagleboard] Re: Best way for using Gstreamer + Openmax with DSP on beagle board ? bhoj 5/6/09 11:13 AM
I want to confirm one thing . Does the same bn\inaries work on 3430 LDP . I don't have a beagleboard .I am usin omapzoom LDP . Ya I had build the DSP brif\dge as part of the kernel . It is working fine as I could ping the DSP .



Daniel,

For the SDP we use a different branch of that Poky overlay and use
"... ! goodec_mpeg4 ! goosink_pp".

Is this the only way to use hardware codcs .  doesn't gst-openmax work the way it is in beagleboard ?--
with regards vishal
Re: [beagleboard] Re: Best way for using Gstreamer + Openmax with DSP on beagle board ? Felipe Contreras 5/6/09 12:44 PM
On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 12:58 PM, vishal bhoj <visha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am using 3430 ldp. I extracted the tiopenmax 0.3.5 binaries and put them
> into lib/dsp/ folder and I was able to ping . I followed
> http://elinux.org/BeagleBoard/gst-openmax
> to setup gstreamer . After building libomxil-ti and gst-openmax I tried to
> play a video
>
>  gst-launch filesrc location=320x240_mpeg4_aac.mp4 ! qtdemux name=demux
> demux.video_00 ! omx_mpeg4dec library-name="libOMX_Core.so"
> component-name="OMX.TI.Video.Decoder" ! fakesink
>
> But it stuck at prerolling .
>
> Is there any way to debug it ? are there any debug msgs that could be
> enabled on the dspbridge ?

You can enable debugging at the gst-openmax level by doing:
export GST_DEBUG='omx*:5'

It seems I forgot one step in the gst-openmax guide[1], you need to
use the omap branch. If you use the omap branch then you don't need to
specify the component name or library name:

 git clone git://github.com/felipec/gst-openmax.git
 cd gst-openmax
 git checkout -b omap origin/omap
 ./autogen.sh --noconfigure
 ./configure --prefix=/usr
 make DESTDIR=rootfs install

I've updated the wiki as well.

[1] http://elinux.org/BeagleBoard/gst-openmax

--
Felipe Contreras

Re: [beagleboard] Re: Best way for using Gstreamer + Openmax with DSP on beagle board ? Felipe Contreras 5/6/09 12:47 PM
On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 8:00 PM, Søren Steen Christensen
<sorensch...@stofanet.dk> wrote:
>
>> I am using 3430 ldp. I extracted the tiopenmax 0.3.5 binaries and put them
> into lib/dsp/ folder
>> and I was able to ping . I followed
>> http://elinux.org/BeagleBoard/gst-openmax
>> to setup gstreamer . After building libomxil-ti and gst-openmax I tried to
> play a video
>>
>>  gst-launch filesrc location=320x240_mpeg4_aac.mp4 ! qtdemux name=demux
> demux.video_00 !
>> omx_mpeg4dec library-name="libOMX_Core.so"
> component-name="OMX.TI.Video.Decoder" ! fakesink
>>
>> But it stuck at prerolling .
>
> I think I hit the same problem - Did you remember to load the kernel modules
> using modprobe as discussed in the thread "[beagleboard] Re: New beagleboard
> demo image, now with 100% more  DSP"?

That thread was for dsp-link, this is dsp-bridge.

> And secondly: Did you remember to set the right parameter of mem=88M in the
> u-boot environment? This is discussed in the same thread...

mem=88M is only needed for dsp-link and perhaps old versions of
dsp-bridge. The latest linux-omap branches don't need that.

--
Felipe Contreras

Re: [beagleboard] Re: Best way for using Gstreamer + Openmax with DSP on beagle board ? Daniel Díaz 5/6/09 1:24 PM
Hello, Vishal!


On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 1:13 PM, vishal bhoj <visha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to confirm one thing . Does the same bn\inaries work on 3430 LDP .
[...]

My guess is they should. We have tested the same socket nodes both in
the LDP and SDP in the past, and they work just the same.


> Daniel,
> For the SDP we use a different branch of that Poky overlay and use
> "... ! goodec_mpeg4 ! goosink_pp".
>
> Is this the only way to use hardware codcs .  doesn't gst-openmax work the
> way it is in beagleboard ?

Both gst-goo and gst-openmax work just fine with those codecs. At
least just yesterday I was using the video decoders without any
issues. If you use an OE-based distro, you can use the recipes already
written for gst-goo, gst-openmax, gst-omapfb, tiopenmax,
tidspbridge-lib, and whatnot.

If you use gst-omapfb (and you want to) (it's here:
http://github.com/felipec/gst-omapfb/tree/master), then you'd have to
use gst-openmax for now to properly see anything in the video output;
Goo requires a gst_pad_alloc_buffer() or the gst-omapfb could use a
memcpy for non-optimized elements.

Greetings!

Daniel Díaz
dd...@ti.com

RE: [beagleboard] Re: Best way for using Gstreamer + Openmax with DSP on beagle board ? Søren Steen Christensen 5/6/09 1:40 PM
> That thread was for dsp-link, this is dsp-bridge.
>
> > And secondly: Did you remember to set the right parameter of mem=88M
> > in the u-boot environment? This is discussed in the same thread...
>
> mem=88M is only needed for dsp-link and perhaps old versions of dsp-bridge.
> The latest linux-omap branches don't need that.

Hmm - Thanks for correcting me - Seems like I need to do my homework better next time in order to get real up to speed with this dsp-link, dsp-bridge, g-streamer stuff - Does anybody have some great pointer(s) to some kind of overview of the big picture describing this?

I won't cause more confusion on this topic I promise...
  Søren :-)


Re: [beagleboard] Re: Best way for using Gstreamer + Openmax with DSP on beagle board ? Felipe Contreras 5/6/09 2:43 PM

Yeah, I think most people are confused with all the DSP stuff.

I just wrote a little summary in order to try to clarify the situation:
http://elinux.org/BeagleBoard/DSP_Clarification

--
Felipe Contreras

Re: [beagleboard] Re: Best way for using Gstreamer + Openmax with DSP on beagle board ? bhoj 5/6/09 9:55 PM
I am getting this error on LDP ,

I am using the binaries from tiopenmax0.3.5 release . these are the steps which I followed.

I have built the bridge as part of the kernel .
I loaded the Baseimage.dof ,these are the logs .



[<c00c20f0>] [<c00c20f0>] (vfs_ioctl+0x0/0x78) (vfs_ioctl+0x0/0x78) from [<c00c23d8>] from [<c00c23d8>] (do_vfs_ioctl+0x270/0x280)

(do_vfs_ioctl+0x270/0x280)
 r5:becc1ad8 r5:becc1ad8 r4:c2664f20 r4:c2664f20


 [<c00c2168>] [<c00c2168>] (do_vfs_ioctl+0x0/0x280) (do_vfs_ioctl+0x0/0x280) from [<c00c2428>] from [<c00c2428>] (sys_ioctl+0x40/0x64)

 (sys_ioctl+0x40/0x64)
  r7:c2664f20 r7:c2664f20 r6:0000000e r6:0000000e r5:becc1ad8 r5:becc1ad8 r4:00000003 r4:00000003


  [<c00c23e8>] [<c00c23e8>] (sys_ioctl+0x0/0x64) (sys_ioctl+0x0/0x64) from [<c0030be0>] from [<c0030be0>] (ret_fast_syscall+0x0/0x2c)

  (ret_fast_syscall+0x0/0x2c)
   r7:00000036 r7:00000036 r6:00000000 r6:00000000 r5:0000a108 r5:0000a108 r4:c2a2cae0 r4:c2a2cae0


   Mem-info:

   Mem-info:
   DMA per-cpu:

   DMA per-cpu:
   CPU    0: hi:   42, btch:   7 usd:   0

   CPU    0: hi:   42, btch:   7 usd:   0
   Active:13168 inactive:772 dirty:6 writeback:0 unstable:0

    free:5214 slab:786 mapped:5829 pagetables:786 bounce:0

    Active:13168 inactive:772 dirty:6 writeback:0 unstable:0
     free:5214 slab:786 mapped:5829 pagetables:786 bounce:0
     DMA free:20856kB min:1348kB low:1684kB high:2020kB active:52672kB inactive:3088kB present:113792kB pages_scanned:0 all_unreclaimable? no

     DMA free:20856kB min:1348kB low:1684kB high:2020kB active:52672kB inactive:3088kB present:113792kB pages_scanned:0 all_unreclaimable? no
     lowmem_reserve[]:lowmem_reserve[]: 0 0 0 0 0 0


     DMA: DMA: 2932*4kB 2932*4kB 833*8kB 833*8kB 140*16kB 140*16kB 3*32kB 3*32kB 2*64kB 2*64kB 0*128kB 0*128kB 0*256kB 0*256kB 0*512kB 0*512kB 0*1024kB 0*1024kB 0*2048kB 0*2048kB 0*4096kB 0*4096kB = 20856kB

     = 20856kB
     6498 total pagecache pages

     6498 total pagecache pages
     0 pages in swap cache

     0 pages in swap cache
     Swap cache stats: add 0, delete 0, find 0/0

     Swap cache stats: add 0, delete 0, find 0/0
     Free swap  = 0kB

     Free swap  = 0kB

     Total swap = 0kB

     Total swap = 0kB
     28672 pages of RAM

     28672 pages of RAM
     5501 free pages

     5501 free pages
     3151 reserved pages

     3151 reserved pages
     786 slab pages

     786 slab pages
     31941 pages shared

     31941 pages shared
     0 pages swap cached

     0 pages swap cached

 When I ran

gst-launch filesrc location=320x240_mpeg4_aac.mp4 ! qtdemux name=demux demux.video_00 ! omx_mpeg4dec library-name="libOMX_Core.so" component-name="OMX.TI.Video.Decoder" ! fakesink

I got the following error.

gstomx_util.c:739:wait_for_state:<omxmpeg4dec0> timed out
0:00:02.048004151  1314    0x6a320 ERROR               gstomx_util.c:749:wait_for_state:<omxmpeg4dec0> wrong state received: state=1, expected=2
0:00:02.048339844  1314    0x6a320 WARN       gstomx_base_filter.c:716:pad_chain:<omxmpeg4dec0> error: OpenMAX component in wrong state--
with regards vishal
Re: Best way for using Gstreamer + Openmax with DSP on beagle board ? XING HAN 5/7/09 12:07 AM
HI:
   i think you go futher than me on dsp of Beagle Board;



On 5月7日, 上午4时24分, Daniel Diaz <mrch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, Vishal!
>
> On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 1:13 PM, vishal bhoj <vishalb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I want to confirm one thing . Does the same bn\inaries work on 3430 LDP .
>
> [...]
>
> My guess is they should. We have tested the same socket nodes both in
> the LDP and SDP in the past, and they work just the same.
>
> > Daniel,
> > For the SDP we use a different branch of that Poky overlay and use
> > "... ! goodec_mpeg4 ! goosink_pp".
>
> > Is this the only way to use hardware codcs .  doesn't gst-openmax work the
> > way it is in beagleboard ?
>
> Both gst-goo and gst-openmax work just fine with those codecs. At
> least just yesterday I was using the video decoders without any
> issues. If you use an OE-based distro, you can use the recipes already
> written for gst-goo, gst-openmax, gst-omapfb, tiopenmax,
> tidspbridge-lib, and whatnot.
>
> If you use gst-omapfb (and you want to) (it's here:http://github.com/felipec/gst-omapfb/tree/master), then you'd have to
> use gst-openmax for now to properly see anything in the video output;
> Goo requires a gst_pad_alloc_buffer() or the gst-omapfb could use a
> memcpy for non-optimized elements.
>
> Greetings!
>
> Daniel Diaz
> dd...@ti.com
>
>
>
> > On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 10:56 PM, Daniel Diaz <mrch...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Hello!
>
> >> Daniel Diaz
> >> dd...@ti.com
> > --
> > with regards vishal- 隐藏被引用文字 -
>
> - 显示引用的文字 -
Re: Best way for using Gstreamer + Openmax with DSP on beagle board ? XING HAN 5/7/09 12:10 AM
hi:
 i think you go futher than me on enabling dsp of beagleBoard;Can you
help with how to reach it;

On 5月7日, 上午4时24分, Daniel Diaz <mrch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, Vishal!
>
> On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 1:13 PM, vishal bhoj <vishalb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I want to confirm one thing . Does the same bn\inaries work on 3430 LDP .
>
> [...]
>
> My guess is they should. We have tested the same socket nodes both in
> the LDP and SDP in the past, and they work just the same.
>
> > Daniel,
> > For the SDP we use a different branch of that Poky overlay and use
> > "... ! goodec_mpeg4 ! goosink_pp".
>
> > Is this the only way to use hardware codcs .  doesn't gst-openmax work the
> > way it is in beagleboard ?
>
> Both gst-goo and gst-openmax work just fine with those codecs. At
> least just yesterday I was using the video decoders without any
> issues. If you use an OE-based distro, you can use the recipes already
> written for gst-goo, gst-openmax, gst-omapfb, tiopenmax,
> tidspbridge-lib, and whatnot.
>
> If you use gst-omapfb (and you want to) (it's here:http://github.com/felipec/gst-omapfb/tree/master), then you'd have to
> use gst-openmax for now to properly see anything in the video output;
> Goo requires a gst_pad_alloc_buffer() or the gst-omapfb could use a
> memcpy for non-optimized elements.
>
> Greetings!
>
> Daniel Diaz
> dd...@ti.com
>
>
>
> > On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 10:56 PM, Daniel Diaz <mrch...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Hello!
>
Re: Best way for using Gstreamer + Openmax with DSP on beagle board ? XING HAN 5/7/09 1:05 AM
Have you success in dsp-bridge;
i you reach the top of dsp-bridge;
can you help me;
 can you give some docment to guide me; thanks;
> On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 3:13 AM, Felipe Contreras <felipe.contre...@gmail.com
>
>
>
>
>
> > wrote:
>
> > On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 11:40 PM, Soren Steen Christensen
> > <sorenschristen...@stofanet.dk> wrote:
>
> > >> That thread was for dsp-link, this is dsp-bridge.
>
> > >> > And secondly: Did you remember to set the right parameter of mem=88M
> > >> > in the u-boot environment? This is discussed in the same thread...
>
> > >> mem=88M is only needed for dsp-link and perhaps old versions of
> > dsp-bridge.
> > >> The latest linux-omap branches don't need that.
>
> > > Hmm - Thanks for correcting me - Seems like I need to do my homework
> > better next time in order to get real up to speed with this dsp-link,
> > dsp-bridge, g-streamer stuff - Does anybody have some great pointer(s) to
> > some kind of overview of the big picture describing this?
>
> > > I won't cause more confusion on this topic I promise...
>
> > Yeah, I think most people are confused with all the DSP stuff.
>
> > I just wrote a little summary in order to try to clarify the situation:
> >http://elinux.org/BeagleBoard/DSP_Clarification
>
> > --
> > Felipe Contreras
>
> --
Re: [beagleboard] Re: Best way for using Gstreamer + Openmax with DSP on beagle board ? bhoj 5/7/09 1:26 AM

Lao,

Follow the instructions on

[1]http://elinux.org/BeagleBoard/DSP_Howto
[2]http://elinux.org/BeagleBoard/gst-openmax

2009/5/7 LaoHuo <qvbh...@gmail.com>



--
with regards vishal
Re: [beagleboard] Re: Best way for using Gstreamer + Openmax with DSP on beagle board ? bhoj 5/7/09 4:18 AM
On loading the baseimage.dof I sometime get this output , I am unable to figure out wat error it is .


<6>request_suspend_state: wakeup (3->0) at 20548461914 (2000-01-14 05:20:06.447937012 UTC)
request_suspend_state: wakeup (3->0) at 20548461914 (2000-01-14 05:20:06.447937012 UTC)
<6>Loop count exceeded in check_power_domain_status for domain:1
Loop count exceeded in check_power_domain_status for domain:1
curr_state = 2, desired_state = 1
curr_state = 2, desired_state = 1
<3>FATAL ERROR: Unable to Change level for resource iva2 to 0
FATAL ERROR: Unable to Change level for resource iva2 to 0--
with regards vishal
Re: Best way for using Gstreamer + Openmax with DSP on beagle board ? kozak 5/7/09 7:35 AM
Hi,
This might sound dumb, but can someone tell me where I can find the
baseimage.dof?
Basically, the bridge binaries to be loaded on the DSP side!

Regards
Kozak

On May 7, 4:18 pm, vishal bhoj <vishalb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On loading the baseimage.dof I sometime get this output , I am unable to
> figure out wat error it is .
>
> <6>request_suspend_state: wakeup (3->0) at 20548461914 (2000-01-14
> 05:20:06.447937012 UTC)
> request_suspend_state: wakeup (3->0) at 20548461914 (2000-01-14
> 05:20:06.447937012 UTC)
> <6>Loop count exceeded in check_power_domain_status for domain:1
> Loop count exceeded in check_power_domain_status for domain:1
> curr_state = 2, desired_state = 1
> curr_state = 2, desired_state = 1
> <3>FATAL ERROR: Unable to Change level for resource iva2 to 0
> FATAL ERROR: Unable to Change level for resource iva2 to 0
>
>
>
> > felipe.contre...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 11:40 PM, Søren Steen Christensen
Re: Best way for using Gstreamer + Openmax with DSP on beagle board ? kozak 5/7/09 8:01 AM
Is it part of the DSP link available at TI website?
Regards
Kozak
Re: [beagleboard] Re: Best way for using Gstreamer + Openmax with DSP on beagle board ? Favor Tang 5/7/09 8:33 AM
hi. Daniel


> Both gst-goo and gst-openmax work just fine with those codecs. At
> least just yesterday I was using the video decoders without any
> issues. If you use an OE-based distro, you can use the recipes already
> written for gst-goo, gst-openmax, gst-omapfb, tiopenmax,
> tidspbridge-lib, and whatnot.

  I want to know  if all of these (gst-goo, gst-openmax, gst-omapfb,
tiopenmax) is needed, and what's the main function respectively?

as I understood at present, the gst-openmax is a plugin of gstreamer,
which can invoke tiopenmax IL layer, and the tiopenmax IL knows how to
use dsp.
and the gst-omapfb is for frame buffer which can display the video
output on the screen.

is it right about what I understand? and what about the gst-goo?

thanks
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 /favor
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Re: [beagleboard] Re: Best way for using Gstreamer + Openmax with DSP on beagle board ? Daniel Díaz 5/7/09 8:36 AM
Hello!


On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 10:01 AM, kozak <c.a.sub...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 7, 7:35 pm, kozak <c.a.subraman...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> This might sound dumb, but can someone tell me where I can find the
>> baseimage.dof?
>> Basically, the bridge binaries to be loaded on the DSP side!
> Is it part of the DSP link available at TI website?

You can find TI-OMX-Sample-Firmware-0.3.5-Linux-x86-Install within
tiopenmax-0.3.5.tar.gz here:
  https://omapzoom.org/gf/project/openmax/frs/

It has the socket nodes and the baseimage.dof.

Greetings!

Daniel Díaz
dd...@ti.com

> Regards
> Kozak

Re: [beagleboard] Re: Best way for using Gstreamer + Openmax with DSP on beagle board ? Daniel Díaz 5/7/09 8:45 AM
Hey, Favor!


On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 10:33 AM, Favor Tang <tan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi. Daniel
>
>> Both gst-goo and gst-openmax work just fine with those codecs. At
>> least just yesterday I was using the video decoders without any
>> issues. If you use an OE-based distro, you can use the recipes already
>> written for gst-goo, gst-openmax, gst-omapfb, tiopenmax,
>> tidspbridge-lib, and whatnot.
>
>  I want to know  if all of these (gst-goo, gst-openmax, gst-omapfb,
> tiopenmax) is needed, and what's the main function respectively?
> as I understood at present, the gst-openmax is a plugin of gstreamer,
> which can invoke tiopenmax IL layer, and the tiopenmax IL knows how to
> use dsp.
> and the gst-omapfb is for frame buffer which can display the video
> output on the screen.
> is it right about what I understand? and what about the gst-goo?

You are right! Both gst-openmax and gst-goo are sets of GStreamer
plug-ins that talk to OpenMAX IL.

gst-omapfb provides a plug-in that talks to the frame buffer, as you guessed.

tiopenmax 0.3.5 is an implementation of TI's OpenMAX IL, with some
sample codecs (socket nodes + baseimage) included, namely MPEG-4 Video
and Audio (AAC) Decoders.

The DSP Bridge has two parts: the kernel module and the ARM library
that talks to the module. The latter is tidspbridge-lib.

Greetings!

Daniel Díaz
dd...@ti.com

Re: Best way for using Gstreamer + Openmax with DSP on beagle board ? omar_rmz 5/7/09 4:01 PM


On May 6, 4:43 pm, Felipe Contreras <felipe.contre...@gmail.com>
wrote:
>
> Yeah, I think most people are confused with all the DSP stuff.
>
> I just wrote a little summary in order to try to clarify the situation:http://elinux.org/BeagleBoard/DSP_Clarification
>

I updated with some facts for tidspbridge.

- omar ramirez
Re: [beagleboard] Re: Best way for using Gstreamer + Openmax with DSP on beagle board ? Felipe Contreras 5/7/09 4:38 PM

Whoa, a lot of people contributed, thanks :)

However, some notes:

tidspbridge is *not* stable, nor production ready as demonstrated by
critical fixes that have been flowing in as recent as two weeks ago:
http://marc.info/?l=linux-omap&m=123811667326198&w=2
http://marc.info/?l=linux-omap&m=124028261217376&w=2

That is heavy development, not just cleanups.

The fact that a phone was *announced* at CES (reference?) with it,
doesn't mean it's production ready, just that one company is betting
on it being stable by release time. And also, products are released
with code that is not really production ready.

It is true that TI is working on the linux-omap-pm branch, but they
disagree on the pm architecture, that's why they have a fork at
omapzoom.org. The dsp-bridge at omapzoom is maintained by TI, while
the one in linux-omap is maintained by Ameya (previously Hiroshi):

http://marc.info/?l=linux-omap&m=123626584228670&w=2

Fortunately mediawiki has a place to discuss articles :)
http://elinux.org/Talk:BeagleBoard/DSP_Clarification

Cheers.

--
Felipe Contreras

Re: Best way for using Gstreamer + Openmax with DSP on beagle board ? omar_rmz 5/7/09 6:07 PM
On May 7, 6:38 pm, Felipe Contreras <felipe.contre...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> tidspbridge is *not* stable, nor production ready as demonstrated by
> critical fixes that have been flowing in as recent as two weeks ago:http://marc.info/?l=linux-omap&m=123811667326198&w=2http://marc.info/?l=linux-omap&m=124028261217376&w=2
>
> That is heavy development, not just cleanups.

Well, generally a patch with that impact on a driver has to go through
lots of testing to be merged , it just doesn't magically appear or
work... or do they? if so, let me know because lots of cleanup is need
at:
https://www.omapzoom.org/gf/project/omapbridge/tracker/

> The fact that a phone was *announced* at CES (reference?) with it,
> doesn't mean it's production ready, just that one company is betting
> on it being stable by release time. And also, products are released
> with code that is not really production ready.

and betting to be some phone killer too ;) but nowadays all want the
same thing

> It is true that TI is working on the linux-omap-pm branch, but they
> disagree on the pm architecture, that's why they have a fork at
> omapzoom.org. The dsp-bridge at omapzoom is maintained by TI, while
> the one in linux-omap is maintained by Ameya (previously Hiroshi):
>
> http://marc.info/?l=linux-omap&m=123626584228670&w=2

you'd be surprised to clone omapzoom and doing cd drivers/dsp/bridge

btw last time I checked gitorious branch wasn't on linux-omap
http://marc.info/?l=linux-omap&m=123817274028462&w=2

perhaps i should try to clone it now :D

> Fortunately mediawiki has a place to discuss articles :)http://elinux.org/Talk:BeagleBoard/DSP_Clarification

I felt encouraged by "If you don't want your writing to be edited
mercilessly and redistributed at will, then don't submit it here"

Regards,
- omar ramirez
Re: [beagleboard] Re: Best way for using Gstreamer + Openmax with DSP on beagle board ? Felipe Contreras 5/8/09 1:25 AM
On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 4:07 AM, omar_rmz <or....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On May 7, 6:38 pm, Felipe Contreras <felipe.contre...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> tidspbridge is *not* stable, nor production ready as demonstrated by
>> critical fixes that have been flowing in as recent as two weeks ago:http://marc.info/?l=linux-omap&m=123811667326198&w=2http://marc.info/?l=linux-omap&m=124028261217376&w=2
>>
>> That is heavy development, not just cleanups.
>
> Well, generally a patch with that impact on a driver has to go through
> lots of testing to be merged , it just doesn't magically appear or
> work... or do they? if so, let me know because lots of cleanup is need
> at:
> https://www.omapzoom.org/gf/project/omapbridge/tracker/

Sorry? There are different kinds of cleanup patches. If the cleanup is
good it should not alter functionality, but mistakes happen, that's
why testing is needed. Some cleanup patches have a higher risk of
introducing bugs.

Thanks for the cleanup patches, but let's say things as they are;
critical bugfixes are coming in all the time, this one for example is
definitely not a cleanup, or I least I noticed an impressive
improvement in stability with it:
http://marc.info/?l=linux-omap&m=124028261217376&w=2

>> The fact that a phone was *announced* at CES (reference?) with it,
>> doesn't mean it's production ready, just that one company is betting
>> on it being stable by release time. And also, products are released
>> with code that is not really production ready.
>
> and betting to be some phone killer too ;) but nowadays all want the
> same thing

If course, but until it's not released you cannot say much about the
stability of it's software.

>> It is true that TI is working on the linux-omap-pm branch, but they
>> disagree on the pm architecture, that's why they have a fork at
>> omapzoom.org. The dsp-bridge at omapzoom is maintained by TI, while
>> the one in linux-omap is maintained by Ameya (previously Hiroshi):
>>
>> http://marc.info/?l=linux-omap&m=123626584228670&w=2
>
> you'd be surprised to clone omapzoom and doing cd drivers/dsp/bridge

Sorry, I don't have any zoom device, nor am interested in anything but
upstream, but I'm curious, what would I find?

> btw last time I checked gitorious branch wasn't on linux-omap
> http://marc.info/?l=linux-omap&m=123817274028462&w=2

You mean it wasn't on Tony's tree? I believe Tony has expressed no
interest on maintaining the tidspbridge branch, so it's maintained on
Ameya's repo at gitorious.

> perhaps i should try to clone it now :D
>
>> Fortunately mediawiki has a place to discuss articles :)http://elinux.org/Talk:BeagleBoard/DSP_Clarification
>
> I felt encouraged by "If you don't want your writing to be edited
> mercilessly and redistributed at will, then don't submit it here"

Huh?

--
Felipe Contreras

Re: [beagleboard] Re: Best way for using Gstreamer + Openmax with DSP on beagle board ? omar_rmz 5/8/09 6:17 AM
On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 3:25 AM, Felipe Contreras
<felipe.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks for the cleanup patches, but let's say things as they are;
> critical bugfixes are coming in all the time, this one for example is
> definitely not a cleanup, or I least I noticed an impressive
> improvement in stability with it:
> http://marc.info/?l=linux-omap&m=124028261217376&w=2
>

yes that's a nice bug fix, but anyway... it is good to get feedback from it.

Regards,
- omar ramirez

Re: Best way for using Gstreamer + Openmax with DSP on beagle board ? XING HAN 5/14/09 10:55 PM
Hi Felipe:
  Follow the instructions on
[1]http://elinux.org/BeagleBoard/DSP_Howto
[2]http://elinux.org/BeagleBoard/gst-openmax

but,when i run "gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location="foobar.avi" !
avidemux ! omx_mpeg4dec ! omapfbsink"

I get the errors like this:
NODE:DSPNode_Allocate: Failed to get Node UUID properties

****************LCML ERROR : DSP ************************

Error: Allocate Component : Err Num = 80008021

****************LCML ERROR : DSP ************************

Can you help me; i am so trouble with the issue;



On 5月8日, 下午4时25分, Felipe Contreras <felipe.contre...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 4:07 AM, omar_rmz <or.r...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On May 7, 6:38 pm, Felipe Contreras <felipe.contre...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >> tidspbridge is *not* stable, nor production ready as demonstrated by
> >> critical fixes that have been flowing in as recent as two weeks ago:http://marc.info/?l=linux-omap&m=123811667326198&w=2http://marc.info/...
Re: [beagleboard] Re: Best way for using Gstreamer + Openmax with DSP on beagle board ? Felipe Contreras 5/15/09 2:35 AM
On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 8:55 AM, LaoHuo <qvbh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Felipe:
>  Follow the instructions on
> [1]http://elinux.org/BeagleBoard/DSP_Howto
> [2]http://elinux.org/BeagleBoard/gst-openmax
>
> but,when i run "gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location="foobar.avi" !
> avidemux ! omx_mpeg4dec ! omapfbsink"
>
> I get the errors like this:
> NODE:DSPNode_Allocate: Failed to get Node UUID properties
>
> ****************LCML ERROR : DSP ************************
>
> Error: Allocate Component : Err Num = 80008021
>
> ****************LCML ERROR : DSP ************************
>
> Can you help me; i am so trouble with the issue;

Do you have the right socket nodes in /lib/dsp ?

--
Felipe Contreras

Re: [beagleboard] Re: Best way for using Gstreamer + Openmax with DSP on beagle board ? XING HAN 5/15/09 5:24 AM
 HI,Felipe
Firstly,thank you for you reply;
 
Certainly!
After booted into linux;
I runned this:
[1]modprobe bridgedriver base_img=/lib/dsp/baseimage.dof
[2]./dynreg.out -r pingdyn_3430.dll64P
[3]./ping.out   (ping action success)
But after i run "run "gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location="foobar.avi" ! avidemux ! omx_mpeg4dec ! omapfbsink"
i get the error
> NODE:DSPNode_Allocate: Failed to get Node UUID properties
>
> ****************LCML ERROR : DSP ************************
>
> Error: Allocate Component : Err Num = 80008021
>
> ****************LCML ERROR : DSP ************************
 
 
I don't know why;
 
By the way,what is LCML? what is its fullName and its function?
 
In your options ,which part maybe have problem? libbridge,libomxil-ti,bridgedriver or others?


2009/5/15 Felipe Contreras <felipe.c...@gmail.com>

Re: [beagleboard] Re: Best way for using Gstreamer + Openmax with DSP on beagle board ? Felipe Contreras 5/15/09 10:02 AM
On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 3:24 PM, 姓名 <qvbh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  HI,Felipe
>
> Firstly,thank you for you reply;
>
>
>
> Certainly!
>
> After booted into linux;
>
> I runned this:
>
> [1]modprobe bridgedriver base_img=/lib/dsp/baseimage.dof
>
> [2]./dynreg.out -r pingdyn_3430.dll64P
>
> [3]./ping.out   (ping action success)
>
> But after i run "run "gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location="foobar.avi" !
> avidemux ! omx_mpeg4dec ! omapfbsink"
> i get the error

omx_mpeg4dec is using a different socket node, please list all the
files in your /lib/dsp directory.

>> NODE:DSPNode_Allocate: Failed to get Node UUID properties
>
>>
>> ****************LCML ERROR : DSP ************************
>>
>> Error: Allocate Component : Err Num = 80008021
>>
>> ****************LCML ERROR : DSP ************************
>
>
>
>
>
> I don't know why;
>
>
>
> By the way,what is LCML? what is its fullName and its function?

AFAIK it's Linux Common Media Language. And it's yet another layer to
use the DSP from OpenMAX IL.

> In your options ,which part maybe have problem?
> libbridge,libomxil-ti,bridgedriver or others?

I think the problem is in libomxil-ti trying to use a socket node that
is not available.

--
Felipe Contreras

unk...@googlegroups.com 5/15/09 11:00 AM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: Best way for using Gstreamer + Openmax with DSP on beagle board ? XING HAN 5/15/09 8:57 PM
Hi,Felipe :
Really appreciate you;


This is my /lib/dsp:
              baseimage.dof
              dctn_dyn.dll64P
              mpeg4aacdec_sn.dll64P
              mp4vdec_sn.dll64P
              postprocessor.dll64P
              vpp_sn.dll64P
              ringio.dll64P
              usn.dll64P
All the content in /lib/dsp/ were generated by running
"./tiopenmax-0.3.5/TI-OMX-Sample-Firmware-0.3-Linux-x86-Install" on
vmware
linux.


I have one another problem.  What difference between tiopenmax-0.3
and
libomxil-ti;


I did not compile the tiopenmax-0.3; Only ran
"TI-OMX-Sample-Firmware-0.3-Linux-x86-Install"
in it to generate the dof file and dll64P file (/lib/dsp/*)



On 5月16日, 上午1时02分, Felipe Contreras <felipe.contre...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Felipe Contreras- 隐藏被引用文字 -
>
> - 显示引用的文字 -- 隐藏被引用文字 -
>
> - 显示引用的文字 -
Re: Best way for using Gstreamer + Openmax with DSP on beagle board ? XING HAN 5/25/09 12:29 AM
Hi,Felipe:
    I am reseaching how to enalbe dsp on  BeagleBoard; But I have
problem with dsp-bridge way;
    I follow [1] and [2];
    But at last,i run the command [3];I get the errors of the gst-
omapfb; The errror message is as below:

   ..............

   0:00:00.948974612  1169    0x15050 ERROR               omapfb
omapfb.c:214:start
   :<omapfbsink0> memory map failed

   ...................

  I am very trouble with the problem for long time; So can you give
some advise or help;

[1]http://elinux.org/BeagleBoard/DSP_Howto
[2]http://elinux.org/BeagleBoard/gst-openmax
[3]gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location="/home/root/1.avi" ! avidemux !
omx_mpeg4dec ! omapfbsink

 Wait for your help; thanks;


On 5月8日, 下午4时25分, Felipe Contreras <felipe.contre...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 4:07 AM, omar_rmz <or.r...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On May 7, 6:38 pm, Felipe Contreras <felipe.contre...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >> tidspbridge is *not* stable, nor production ready as demonstrated by
> >> critical fixes that have been flowing in as recent as two weeks ago:http://marc.info/?l=linux-omap&m=123811667326198&w=2http://marc.info/...
More topics »