Do not show page with tabber before it is fully rendered

Showing 1-3 of 3 messages
Do not show page with tabber before it is fully rendered steinm 6/11/08 12:21 AM
Hi all,

I like the excellent tabber class but there is one thing that
sometimes confuses my users. When a page is loaded it takes some time
before the tabs are creating. In that time the full page is seen
before it collapses into tabs.

Is there some way to show the page not before the tabs are created?

  Uwe
Re: Do not show page with tabber before it is fully rendered Jay Edgar 7/30/08 8:59 AM
I have the same question. Tabber is AWESOME, and I need it to not show
all content, then "jump."

As a work-around, I'm thinking of making the div invisible, then
setting it visible after it's loaded.

I'm guessing that content shows up because the complete <div>
structure isn't loaded yet. Is that a good assumption?

Thanks for the great product.

Jay
Re: Do not show page with tabber before it is fully rendered Jay Edgar 7/30/08 9:41 AM
I hacked the code. To the end of the function tabberAutomatic()
function (before the return statement) I added:

     document.getElementById("tabbertab").style.display="block";

I set the id of the main tab to "tabbertab".

Of course, this disallows the system to degrade, and if folks don't
have javascript enabled, much of the site won't work.