Behavior of $location...

Showing 1-1 of 1 messages
Behavior of $location... spdev 8/2/12 11:52 PM
I have been playing with angularjs for couple of days and like it so far. I am trying to build a chrome extension which attaches a small widget of thing below every gmail message when the user is on gmail.com. So far so good.  As part of authentication code, I handle 401 error in this way. Whenever there is a 401 error, I  use  $location.path( "/login" ) to redirect the user to the login screen/template. This changes browser address bar which seems to be the default behavior. So, if the current address was https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/, it becomes https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#/login.  But mine is not standalone app, its more like widget that attaches to a div when on gmail.com site. My app should not mess with the browser address bar. I am now starting to think if I can really use angularjs for my app as I am going against the default behavior. Does anybody have any thoughts around this?