ng-bind-html-unsafe, dynamic form, model issues

Showing 1-6 of 6 messages
ng-bind-html-unsafe, dynamic form, model issues j.snyder 7/3/12 6:27 AM
I am having a problem with adding in form elements dynamicly from a configuration obtained from a server.  I am using ng-bind-html-unsafe, and the form renders perfectly, but I can't seem to figure out how to tie in an event handler so that when the element loads into the page, the form elements are compiled into the model.

jsFiddle example: http://jsfiddle.net/j_snyder/ctyfg/

Notice that property two and three don't update the model.  I tried bootstrapping the parent div element, but I suspect a race condition, and don't know how to tie in an event handler to when the dom has been updated with the new html.  Any help is appreciated.
Re: [angular.js] ng-bind-html-unsafe, dynamic form, model issues Oliver Batchelor 7/3/12 10:19 PM
Hi Jeremy,

I gave it a go using a $compile directive, have a look here:

http://jsfiddle.net/Saulzar/ctyfg/25/

The second text "Property Two:" doesn't show up, not sure why that is
exactly - but it works at least.

Cheers,
Oliver
Re: [angular.js] ng-bind-html-unsafe, dynamic form, model issues j.snyder 7/5/12 5:56 AM
Oliver,

Nice work!  Would be nice if the bind html unsafe did a compile on the section, since that is essentially what you are doing, but this looks like a great option.  Thanks again.

Also, I noticed that if I started with an HTML tag and not Property Two, it rendered the whole block.  Not sure why, but it works:
http://jsfiddle.net/j_snyder/ctyfg/26/

This seems like it could be a pretty useful solution for others too, is there a reason why there isn't a built in ability to do this?
Re: [angular.js] ng-bind-html-unsafe, dynamic form, model issues Oliver Batchelor 7/5/12 6:17 AM
I guess normally you could generate the form from some data loaded as
JSON, probably more the 'angular way'.

Something like this:

http://jsfiddle.net/Saulzar/ctyfg/27/

Glad to help. Learning plenty myself.

Oliver
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/angular/-/HJfRh3r7t4UJ.
Re: [angular.js] ng-bind-html-unsafe, dynamic form, model issues j.snyder 7/5/12 12:47 PM
I dig that approach!  That is so easy, not sure why I never thought of it.  Probably because it is simple, and I was overthinking it per usual.  I am going to switch over to that for sure.

Thanks again, +1 for all the help.
Re: [angular.js] ng-bind-html-unsafe, dynamic form, model issues Rick Richardson 7/5/12 1:13 PM
This is so simple and elegant. It should go into a cookbook somewhere.