Make a call without dial in background

Showing 1-7 of 7 messages
Make a call without dial in background Efor18 9/15/09 6:11 AM
Hi,

Is possible to make a call programaticaly without the dial? I want to
make an app that in background make a call, but i need that don't show
the Dial app, only my own app.

Anyone can help me?

Thanks in advance!
Make a call without dial in background Efor18 9/15/09 6:12 AM
Re: [android-developers] Make a call without dial in background Mark Murphy 9/15/09 8:20 AM

Use the ACTION_CALL Intent. You will need the associated permission
(CALL_PHONE).

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
http://commonsware.com

Re: Make a call without dial in background Efor18 9/16/09 3:54 AM
Thanks for your reply Mark,

But I do this, and when a want to make a call, start the dial app. I
want to make a call with my own app, not with the dial app. But I dont
know how to make this.

I think that is impossible.

On Sep 15, 4:20 pm, "Mark Murphy" <mmur...@commonsware.com> wrote:
> > Is possible to make a call programaticaly without the dial? I want to
> > make an app that in background make a call, but i need that don't show
> > the Dial app, only my own app.
>
> > Anyone can help me?
>
> Use the ACTION_CALL Intent. You will need the associated permission
> (CALL_PHONE).
>
> --
> Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)http://commonsware.com
Re: [android-developers] Re: Make a call without dial in background Mark Murphy 9/16/09 3:59 AM

As I wrote:

Use the ACTION_CALL Intent. You will need the associated permission
(CALL_PHONE).

> I think that is impossible.

If your goal is to place a phone call without the user knowing *at all*
-- not only skipping the dialer, but skipping the in-call screen -- that
is impossible.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Warescription: Three Android Books, Plus Updates, $35/Year

Re: Make a call without dial in background Efor18 9/16/09 4:24 AM
Thanks Mark,

And is possible to stop a call, for example, 10 second after the call
start?

Thanks a lot for your support.

On Sep 16, 11:59 am, Mark Murphy <mmur...@commonsware.com> wrote:
> Efor18 wrote:
> > Thanks for your reply Mark,
>
> > But I do this, and when a want to make a call, start the dial app. I
> > want to make a call with my own app, not with the dial app. But I dont
> > know how to make this.
> As I wrote:
>
> Use the ACTION_CALL Intent. You will need the associated permission
> (CALL_PHONE).
>
> > I think that is impossible.
>
> If your goal is to place a phone call without the user knowing *at all*
> -- not only skipping the dialer, but skipping the in-call screen -- that
> is impossible.
>
> --
> Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)http://commonsware.com|http://twitter.com/commonsguy
Re: [android-developers] Re: Make a call without dial in background Mark Murphy 9/16/09 4:32 AM
Efor18 wrote:
> And is possible to stop a call, for example, 10 second after the call
> start?

I am not aware of a way to do that through the SDK.

--

Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Need Android talent? Ask on HADO! http://wiki.andmob.org/hado