What keycode is the HTC Hero 'Hide Keyboard' button?

Showing 1-5 of 5 messages
What keycode is the HTC Hero 'Hide Keyboard' button? jamesc 1/25/10 4:35 AM
As per the subject.  It doesn't seem to generate any callbacks to
onKeyUp()/onKeyDown().

Cheers

James

Re: [android-developers] What keycode is the HTC Hero 'Hide Keyboard' button? Dianne Hackborn 1/25/10 10:08 AM
I don't think HTC has contributed a patch adding a constant for this to the platform.  (I didn't even know there were phones with such a button!  Seems like a weird thing to dedicate a physical button for, when the back key will do the same thing.)

Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer
hac...@android.com

Note: please don't send private questions to me, as I don't have time to provide private support, and so won't reply to such e-mails.  All such questions should be posted on public forums, where I and others can see and answer them.

Re: [android-developers] What keycode is the HTC Hero 'Hide Keyboard' button? Mark Murphy 1/25/10 10:15 AM
Dianne Hackborn wrote:
> I don't think HTC has contributed a patch adding a constant for this to
> the platform.  (I didn't even know there were phones with such a button!
>  Seems like a weird thing to dedicate a physical button for, when the
> back key will do the same thing.)

The HTC Hero does not have a "Hide Keyboard" hardware button. I am
assuming the OP is referring to the button in the lower-left of the Hero
IME, which hides the keyboard.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Warescription: Three Android Books, Plus Updates, One Low Price!

Re: [android-developers] What keycode is the HTC Hero 'Hide Keyboard' button? Dianne Hackborn 1/26/10 5:55 PM
On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 10:15 AM, Mark Murphy <mmu...@commonsware.com> wrote:
The HTC Hero does not have a "Hide Keyboard" hardware button. I am
assuming the OP is referring to the button in the lower-left of the Hero
IME, which hides the keyboard.

Oh if that's the case, it is entirely internal to the IME and nothing you can catch.

Re: What keycode is the HTC Hero 'Hide Keyboard' button? jamesc 1/27/10 3:09 AM
Sorry, yes, Mark is quite right; it's the soft key on the IME.
Thanks.