inject long home key press

Showing 1-7 of 7 messages
inject long home key press Dan Raaka 4/14/09 11:23 AM
Is there a keycode to inject long home key press into a device via adb
like below ?

$ adb shell input keyevent 7    # for key '0'

-Dan
Re: inject long home key press Dan Raaka 4/14/09 11:46 AM
I am using this a work-around for the non-working home key in the 1.0
or 1.1 emulator.
If there is fix for it. That would work for me as well.
Re: inject long home key press swarup 4/16/09 5:46 AM
try

$ adb shell sendevent <device> <type> <key-code> <value-press> ; adb
shell sleep 1           #seconds; adb shell sendevent <device> <type>
<key-code> <value-release>

above is for 1 second long press
Re: inject long home key press klausfpga 4/16/09 8:54 AM
Hi searup.

I have one more question.
As a newbie I have still the basic problem of locating the document
ation, that I need for some tasks.

Which document(s) / url list(s) the possible devices / types / key-
codes key-values ?

thanks a lot in advance.
Re: [android-developers] Re: inject long home key press Dianne Hackborn 4/16/09 9:34 AM
The codes you send through the driver are the raw events, before they have been translated to Android key codes, so it depends on your hardware.  You'll want to look at the source code of whatever build you are using -- there will be a *.kl file somewhere mapping from the driver codes to android codes.--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer
hac...@android.com

Note: please don't send private questions to me, as I don't have time to provide private support, and so won't reply to such e-mails.  All such questions should be posted on public forums, where I and others can see and answer them.

Re: inject long home key press klausfpga 4/17/09 3:53 AM
Hi Dianna,

Thanks for your reply.

In fact my problems are in fact even more basic.

The command 'sendevent'
requires following parameters
device
type
code
value

How do I have to specify all these parameters.

Let's take for example the emulator and let's assume I'd like to press
the 'down' key

My questions are:
device: is this the device string, that I can find with "cat /proc/bus/
input/devices"
type: what is this?
code: what is this?
value: I assume this is what I could find in the *.kl files, that you
mentioed.

In order to bother you and the forums less with this kind of questions
I would be glad to be pointed to the adequate documentation explaining
how sendevent is working and what
the parameters of sendevent mean.

thanks in advance

On Apr 16, 6:34 pm, Dianne Hackborn <hack...@android.com> wrote:
> The codes you send through the driver are the raw events, before they have
> been translated to Android key codes, so it depends on your hardware.
> You'll want to look at the source code of whatever build you are using --
> there will be a *.kl file somewhere mapping from the driver codes to android
> codes.
>

> hack...@android.com
Re: inject long home key press Ashwani Kumar 7/4/12 11:37 PM
Check this link out:
http://qatesttech.wordpress.com/2012/06/20/adb-shell-sendevent-sending-touch-like-events/