4.0.4 factory images are live

Showing 1-55 of 55 messages
4.0.4 factory images are live Jean-Baptiste Queru 3/29/12 3:38 PM
The factory images that match recent OTAs are now live:

yakju (i.e. the variant of GSM Galaxy Nexus that is supported in AOSP) is here:

https://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/yakju-imm76d-factory-c6e807a1.tgz

SHA-1 c6e807a1e43297d63e09154bbcc3147a7ef599b4

Also, it took 17 months of efforts, but I finally got authorized to
distribute factory images for Nexus S as well. Here's soju (i.e. the
variant sold in the US for T-Mobile bands, and in Europe):

https://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/soju-imm76d-factory-ca4ae9ee.tgz

SHA-1 ca4ae9ee32eb2cee3e94e37537e866a305503166

Other factory images (toro, sojua, sojuk, sojus) are currently planned
follow their respective matching OTAs.

The web site will update with those links within the next few hours.

JBQ

--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru

warning.

Re: 4.0.4 factory images are live Lou 3/29/12 4:00 PM
Thanks, been waiting all day for these!
unk...@googlegroups.com 3/29/12 5:57 PM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: 4.0.4 factory images are live Scott M 3/29/12 6:14 PM

That's great!

Re: [android-building] Re: 4.0.4 factory images are live Jean-Baptiste Queru 3/30/12 8:26 AM
The soju factory images are for i9020t.

sojua is for i9020a, sojuk for m200 and sojus for d720.

I'm investigating the situation with i9023.

JBQ

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 5:57 PM, Darkbotic <rhan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What's the model of the "soju" version of the Nexus S.
>
> As far as I know, the Nexus S models available are:
>
> i9020T
> i9020a
> i9023
>
> I want to know what versions "soju" refers to.
>
> Thanks for your great job!> --
> Building" mailing list.
> android-buildi...@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group at

Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru

warning.

Re: [android-building] 4.0.4 factory images are live Jean-Baptiste Queru 3/30/12 8:39 AM
Really? This wipes the userdata partition, and on Galaxy Nexus that
includes all the shared files, but on Nexus S that has a separate
sdcard partition the shared data should be unaffected.

JBQ

Re: 4.0.4 factory images are live Geofuzzy 3/30/12 9:39 AM
JBQ,
You mentioned that other devices will get factory images posted,"  Other factory images (toro, sojua, sojuk, sojus) are currently planned
follow their respective matching OTAs."
I assume that means Google will continue to support those devices as far as factory images are concerned? I think there is still some confusion as the factory images for TORO and CRESPO4G say Archived.  Can you can confirm Google will still be producing factory images for CDMA Nexus Devices (Minus Stingray, but Moto stopped posting images a long time ago :( )  I appreciate all the work you do in getting AOSP out to the masses.

Brad

On Thursday, March 29, 2012 6:38:18 PM UTC-4, Jean-Baptiste Queru wrote:
Re: [android-building] Re: 4.0.4 factory images are live Brian D'Souza 3/30/12 10:04 AM

On Friday, March 30, 2012 8:56:11 PM UTC+5:30, Jean-Baptiste Queru wrote:
The soju factory images are for i9020t.

sojua is for i9020a, sojuk for m200 and sojus for d720.

I'm investigating the situation with i9023.

JBQ

Hi JBQ,
Why should there be a situation with i9023 ?

Regards
Brian
Re: [android-building] Re: 4.0.4 factory images are live Jean-Baptiste Queru 3/30/12 10:05 AM
My current plan is to post the images indeed at some point in the
future. Such plans could still change between now and then, so I can't
confirm with certainty, as the future is always uncertain by
definition.

As for "supported", that's a fuzzy notion. Supporting involves
testing, and testing factory images requires time and implies that I
have devices available that I can afford to wipe just for testing. I
can't promise that I'll be able to test every single image of every
CDMA device, and there's a possibility that the files out there might
not get tested much or at all.

JBQ

Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru

warning.

Re: [android-building] Re: 4.0.4 factory images are live Jean-Baptiste Queru 3/30/12 10:08 AM
I'm hearing that i9023 reports a different radio version, and I'm
trying to better understand why that'd be the case.

Also, i9023 has an SLCD, not an AMOLED screen, and the previous time
people did a factory-level mix-and-match between AMOLED and SLCD
devices (i.e. Nexus One), things didn't go well (read: bricked
devices).

JBQ

Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru

warning.

Re: [android-building] Re: 4.0.4 factory images are live Santhosh 3/30/12 3:51 PM
Thanks much for making the images available Jean.

Is the sojua image for i9020a available yet? If so could you please post the link to it. It doesn't seem to be listed at http://code.google.com/android/nexus/images.html

Thanks,
Santhosh
Re: [android-building] Re: 4.0.4 factory images are live Jean-Baptiste Queru 3/30/12 3:53 PM
No sojua images yet.

JBQ

Re: [android-building] Re: 4.0.4 factory images are live Santhosh 3/30/12 3:56 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. I'll keep an eye on the link. For now I'll try flashing soju onto my 9020a except for the radio (hoping that should be ok).

Thanks again.
Re: 4.0.4 factory images are live Paul Boonyarungsrit 3/31/12 6:03 AM
Hi JBQ,
Glad to see 4.0.4 updates for galaxy nexus. I have been curious about Android OTA updates for a while and I hope you can answer my question.

I have an GSM Galaxy Nexus (Australian), which has software yakju<something>. After hearing the news that it's not going to be updated directly by Google, I decided to flash it with yakju 4.0.2 in hope that I will get direct updates from Google quickly like many others in the US. My question is whether I will get 4.0.4 OTA updates for yakju, or does Google somehow track the original yakju phones and send updates to them only. If it's not going to happen, then I will have to do it myself again.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,
Paul
Re: 4.0.4 factory images are live Radu Eugen Pal 3/31/12 7:07 AM

JBQ,

You mentioned that you had reports that the I9023 would have a different radio than other variants. I am curious, I have the I9023 and I manually flashed the 4.0.3 full ROM as soon as it appeared and the baseband on my phone now shows I9023XXKI1 so am I to assume that, in fact, the radio that I have is XXKI1 ? And if so, would I be ok in flashing the fastboot images without bricking the phone?
Re: [android-building] Re: 4.0.4 factory images are live Jean-Baptiste Queru 3/31/12 9:45 AM
I don't know what will happen to your device with a mix-and-match of
hardware and builds.

Quite certainly, you're not going to get back your original build
(which might have been yakjudv), so you're going to be missing the
features that were specific to that build, i.e. most likely you'll
have cell reception issues and battery issues. The biggest concern
would be to lose features related to emergency calls, which is why I
recommend against doing any such mix-and-match experiment on your
primary phone. Always carry with you a phone running an official
build.

On top of that, I don't know what the implications are in terms of
OTAs, whether you'll get offered them at all, whether they'll install,
or whether they'll work.

JBQ

Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru

warning.

Re: [android-building] Re: 4.0.4 factory images are live Jean-Baptiste Queru 3/31/12 9:48 AM
That is encouraging, and suggests that I9023XXKI1 and I9020XXKI1 are
in fact the same, breaking the rule that every version should have a
single unique version number.

I'm still trying to get official confirmation, but everything I've
seen so far hints that we're going to be fine on the i9023 front.

JBQ

Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru

warning.

Re: [android-building] Re: 4.0.4 factory images are live Radu Eugen Pal 3/31/12 12:58 PM
I've just taken things into my own hands :P , and installed the 4.0.4 factory image on my I9023, NO hiccups, errors or anything: bootloader - OK, radio - OK, boot -OK, system and overall installation - 2 x OK. If all I9023 Nexus S phones are the same, same hardware and all, NO ONE should have any issues installing the factory image.

Just 2 question though:

1. I know that you mentioned something but just to make sure, by installing the factory image, we will still receive OTA notifications and updates from now on, right?
2. And, is it true that starting with Android 4.0.4, manual updates through recovery are no longer possible ? I read that in a post on XDA, but I would like an answer from you as well.
Re: 4.0.4 factory images are live Ezekeel 4/1/12 4:07 AM
The branch android-omap-tuna-3.0-ics-mr1 of https://android.googlesource.com/kernel/omap, is that the source for the kernel that comes with yakju 4.0.4?

Keep up the good work.
Re: 4.0.4 factory images are live Peter 4/1/12 5:49 AM
Hi,

I flashed my nexus S i9023 with the new factory image yesterday and everything is fine except for the mobile network bar being grey most of the time and I am not getting Gmail messages immediately as with previous ICS and GB.

When I turn the Wi-Fi the bars get blue and I receive all messages immediately (including those I haven't received while on mobile internet).

Also, I do have mobile internet when I do something manually like open the browser or Gmail application (but the bars remain grey). It's just not working when the phone is in sleep mode.

Any ideas?
ste Queru wrote:
Re: 4.0.4 factory images are live Sascha Grage 4/1/12 5:07 PM
On Friday, March 30, 2012 12:38:18 AM UTC+2, Jean-Baptiste Queru wrote:

The factory images that match recent OTAs are now live:

yakju (i.e. the variant of GSM Galaxy Nexus that is supported in AOSP) is here:

https://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/yakju-imm76d-factory-c6e807a1.tgz

Windows Update-Script for Windows User is missing...

converting flash-all.sh to flash-all.cmd:

---------- %< ----------
fastboot.exe flash bootloader bootloader-maguro-primela03.img
fastboot.exe reboot-bootloader

rem sleep 5
ping -n 5 localhost

fastboot.exe flash radio radio-maguro-i9250xxla02.img
fastboot.exe reboot-bootloader

rem sleep 5
ping -n 5 localhost

fastboot.exe -w update image-yakju-imm76d.zip

---------- >% ----------

bye,
Sascha

Re: 4.0.4 factory images are live kibmcz 4/1/12 7:37 PM
Great work on the current image releases... now that sojua has got its ota i look forward to its factory image :).
Re: [android-building] Re: 4.0.4 factory images are live Jean-Baptiste Queru 4/2/12 10:03 AM
The script that generates flash-all and flash-base is in AOSP (in
device/samsung/maguro/factory-images), and it should be possible to
add support for a Windows version without having access to the actual
files that are getting packaged. I don't have access to a Windows box
so I can't develop this myself, but I'd definitely have a look at a
contribution that takes care of it.

JBQ

Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru

warning.

Re: [android-building] Re: 4.0.4 factory images are live Jean-Baptiste Queru 4/2/12 10:08 AM
I can't recommend (yet) flashing on i9023, as I haven't had
confirmation that it is meant to work.

It might look like it works right now, but fail later. The risk isn't
hypothetical: in the history of dream and sapphire, the same radio
firmware worked on both throughout cupcake and donut. In froyo,
though, it wasn't true any more, and flashing a sapphire radio on a
dream didn't work.

Without confirmation from the people who actually work on this, I
can't entirely eliminate that risk, and that's why I have to recommend
against what you just did, until we know better.

JBQ

Re: [android-building] Re: 4.0.4 factory images are live Jean-Baptiste Queru 4/2/12 10:04 AM
When handling kernels, you should work by SHA-1, not by branch. I
showed earlier how to find the proper SHA-1, and there are more
detailed notes at
http://source.android.com/source/building-kernels.html

JBQ

Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru

warning.

Re: 4.0.4 factory images are live barrett 4/2/12 4:17 PM
sojua has the OTA? Did you receive it or is that a typo?

Can anyone else with i9020A device confirm?

Thanks
Re: 4.0.4 factory images are live Robert Rainwater 4/2/12 7:05 PM
Yes it is available on Fido and Rogers.  I don't believe any AT&T users have received the automatic notification yet but it is flashable with stock recovery since i9020a never got ICS (and GB recovery will flash OTA updates unlike ICS recovery).
Re: 4.0.4 factory images are live Prasad Naik 4/4/12 9:44 AM

Using a I9023 in India and the 4.0.4 update hasn't been pushed yet OTA. Tempted to flash this factory image, seeing as how some of the users have had no issues with it.

Re: 4.0.4 factory images are live Arthur Daher 4/4/12 2:48 PM
Can anyone, please tell me how to procede the manual instalation of the stock image? I've alread downloaded the sojua file, since my phone is a GT-I9020A, but I dont know how to go from here.

Thanks!

Em quarta-feira, 4 de abril de 2012 13h44min12s UTC-3, Prasad Naik escreveu:

[...]

Re: 4.0.4 factory images are live Robert Rainwater 4/4/12 3:16 PM
If you aren't familiar with flashing images and using fastboot, you probably shouldn't be flashing the stock image.  The exact commands are in the flash-all.sh file.  All you need is the bootloader unlocked.

On Wednesday, April 4, 2012 5:48:49 PM UTC-4, Arthur Daher wrote:
Can anyone, please tell me how to procede the manual instalation of the stock image? I've alread downloaded the sojua file, since my phone is a GT-I9020A, but I dont know how to go from here.

Re: 4.0.4 factory images are live Arthur Daher 4/4/12 4:12 PM
I thought that since it is a stock image I wouldn't have to unlock the fast boot. You see, I bought a phone unlocked. No contract, but when a was in the stock recovery it said the the carrier was ATT. I don't even live in the US...

Well, Guess I'll wait! Thanks any way!

Em quarta-feira, 4 de abril de 2012 19h16min40s UTC-3, Robert Rainwater escreveu:
Re: 4.0.4 factory images are live Ger Kersten 4/4/12 11:02 PM
Just received 4.0.4 OTA for i9023 in the Netherlands

System info says:

radio I9023XXKI1
kernel 3.0.8-g6656123
build IMM76D

Will this image be also made available as a download?

[...]

Re: [android-building] Re: 4.0.4 factory images are live Jean-Baptiste Queru 4/6/12 9:37 AM
Could you reboot into the bootloader (power down, and press-and-hold
volume-up while powering up), and tell me what baseband version you
see there.

I'm starting to suspect that the same radio image dynamically varies
its version number based on the hardware it runs on, which would
explain why figuring this out is so confusing.

JBQ

Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru

warning.

Re: [android-building] Re: 4.0.4 factory images are live Jean-Baptiste Queru 4/6/12 4:13 PM
I didn't hear any fully authoritative answer, but I did get enough
pieces of evidence that all go in the same direction and suggest that
i9023 and i9020t use the same radio image.

If you have a Nexus S i9023, you can safely flash the soju factory images on it.

I'll be updating the web page when I get a chance, possibly as early
as next week.

JBQ

Re: [android-building] Re: 4.0.4 factory images are live Ron M 4/6/12 11:57 PM

Is Wingray ever enjoy to see the same fortune?

Re: [android-building] Re: 4.0.4 factory images are live Jean-Baptiste Queru 4/9/12 7:32 AM
Motorola takes care of that already:
http://developer.motorola.com/products/software/ (MZ604 - US Retail)

JBQ

Re: 4.0.4 factory images are live Esaias Pech 4/9/12 12:23 PM
Thank you for posting sojua images, I just flashed it to my GT-I9020A and it's working, so far everything looks good!

Thanks!

On Thursday, March 29, 2012 3:38:18 PM UTC-7, Jean-Baptiste Queru wrote:
[...]

Re: [android-building] Re: 4.0.4 factory images are live deno 4/9/12 2:33 PM
HI JBQ,

sorry for the stupid request but can you give all the steps that a stupid user should do in order to update gingerbread to ics or at least link to these steps?
thanks in advance

best regards,
deno
Re: [android-building] Re: 4.0.4 factory images are live Jean-Baptiste Queru 4/9/12 2:45 PM
There are instructions on https://code.google.com/android/nexus/images.html

In a nutshell, if you're running a retail version, I very strongly
recommend that you just wait for the OTA.

JBQ

Re: [android-building] Re: 4.0.4 factory images are live deno 4/9/12 3:19 PM
Hi JBQ,

thanks for the fast answer.
When do you expect this OTA to be released?

Best regards,
deno
Re: [android-building] Re: 4.0.4 factory images are live Jean-Baptiste Queru 4/9/12 3:31 PM
The factory images are always released after the OTAs start getting deployed.

JBQ

Re: 4.0.4 factory images are live iiNexus 4/17/12 12:11 AM
Hi JBQ

Thanks for all the information you have provided. Although, I'm slightly confused I am on 4.0.2 and the build is I9250.  Is there factory images for the i9250  and is it a yakju build? If its a  "Yakju" build should I go ahead an flash it or better wait for official OTA update.

Cheers,
Izzat

On Friday, March 30, 2012 3:38:18 AM UTC+5, Jean-Baptiste Queru wrote:
[...]

Re: [android-building] Re: 4.0.4 factory images are live Jean-Baptiste Queru 4/17/12 8:51 AM
If you're running a retail build already, I strongly recommend that
you simply wait for an OTA update.

JBQ

Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru

warning.

unk...@googlegroups.com 5/8/12 9:24 PM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: [android-building] Re: 4.0.4 factory images are live Jean-Baptiste Queru 5/9/12 9:14 AM
I did, but I guess I forgot to post to this list. I confirm, the same
soju build is meant to be used both on i9020t and i9023.

JBQ

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 9:24 PM, Darkbotic <rhan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey JBQ!
> Did you received official confirmation that the ICS "soju" factory images
> can be used safely on the Nexus S i9023 version?
unk...@googlegroups.com 5/9/12 10:49 AM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: 4.0.4 factory images are live Ryan West 5/27/12 8:11 AM
Will images for the toroplus, aka Sprint Galaxy Nexus, ever go live? I'm curious as to what the holdup is or if they're even planned.

On Thursday, March 29, 2012 5:38:18 PM UTC-5, Jean-Baptiste Queru wrote:
[...]

Re: [android-building] Re: 4.0.4 factory images are live Jean-Baptiste Queru 5/29/12 7:46 AM
I won't be distributing factory images for the Sprint Galaxy Nexus.

JBQ

Re: [android-building] Re: 4.0.4 factory images are live Geofuzzy 5/31/12 8:10 AM
JBQ,
Any word on when the new Toro images will be posted?  It appears the Toro consumer OTA is now rolling out.

V/R
Brad

Re: [android-building] Re: 4.0.4 factory images are live Jean-Baptiste Queru 5/31/12 9:46 AM
No detailed plans at this point. If you install the 4.0.2 factory
image, you'll eventually get the OTA.

JBQ
Re: [android-building] Re: 4.0.4 factory images are live Jean-Baptiste Queru 6/7/12 12:15 PM
Instructions are at https://source.android.com/source/building-kernels.html

You're in luck, I pushed an update to that page earlier today, which
clarifies exactly what you're asking.

JBQ

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 12:02 PM, shahed <sha...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Please let me know where is the kernel source that exactly matches Google
> Galaxy Nexus phone's image. I would like to use the kernel source to develop
> a device driver for Google Galaxy Nexus running Android 4.0.4.
> thanks.
> --shahed
>

> On Thursday, March 29, 2012 3:38:18 PM UTC-7, Jean-Baptiste Queru wrote:
>>
>> The factory images that match recent OTAs are now live:
>>
>> yakju (i.e. the variant of GSM Galaxy Nexus that is supported in AOSP) is
>> here:
>>
>> https://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/yakju-imm76d-factory-c6e807a1.tgz
>>
>> SHA-1 c6e807a1e43297d63e09154bbcc3147a7ef599b4
>>
>> Also, it took 17 months of efforts, but I finally got authorized to
>> distribute factory images for Nexus S as well. Here's soju (i.e. the
>> variant sold in the US for T-Mobile bands, and in Europe):
>>
>> https://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/soju-imm76d-factory-ca4ae9ee.tgz
>>
>> SHA-1 ca4ae9ee32eb2cee3e94e37537e866a305503166
>>
>> Other factory images (toro, sojua, sojuk, sojus) are currently planned
>> follow their respective matching OTAs.
>>
>> The web site will update with those links within the next few hours.
>>
>> JBQ
>>
>> --
>> Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
>> Software Engineer, Android Open-Source Project, Google.
>>
>> Questions sent directly to me that have no reason for being private
>> will likely get ignored or forwarded to a public forum with no further
>> warning.

Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
Technical Lead, Android Open Source Project, Google.
Re: [android-building] Re: 4.0.4 factory images are live shahed 6/7/12 4:34 PM
Hi JBQ,
For Google Galaxy Nexus phone running Android 4.0.4, what exactly should I specify in git checkout command?
Thanks.
--Shahed

Author: Benoit Goby <ben...@android.com>
Date:   Fri Apr 13 12:13:51 2012 -0700

    tuna: kernel prebuilt -- DO NOT MERGE

    da6252b OMAP3630+: SmartReflex 1p5: remove voltage clamp down
    0c8faca OMAP4460: OPP: SR1.5: update margin to spec rev 0.4
    dddbe95 OMAP3630+: SmartReflex 1.5: use margins per volt_data
    6d8fb93 OMAP2+: PM: Voltage: allow software margin per OPP
    426c0cd misc: modem_if: modemcontrol: add cp_dump pin level when cp crash

    Change-Id: Id21a265ca01097c403639e90845f10307ab88bd3

The first commit in there is the one you're looking for, so you'd run
"git checkout da6252b"

You can also get it from your phone, in Settings -> About Phone ->
Kernel version. 3.0.8-gda6252b tells you that the commit is da6252b
(just strip the leading g).

JBQ
>> android-buildi...@googlegroups.com
>> For more options, visit this group at
>> http://groups.google.com/group/android-building?hl=en
>

> --
> Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
> Technical Lead, Android Open Source Project, Google.
>
> Questions sent directly to me that have no reason for being private
> will likely get ignored or forwarded to a public forum with no further
> warning.

More topics »