Android 4.0.4 in AOSP

Showing 21-74 of 74 messages
Android 4.0.4 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 3/28/12 11:08 AM
I'm in the process of pushing the Android 4.0.4 files (IMM76D) into
the Android Open-Source Project. This represents an incremental update
of a few hundred changes over 4.0.3.

This matches the update that has been sent to a few devices since yesterday.

As usual, the full source history is provided. Also, all changes are
merged into the master branch, from where it's possible to contribute
via https://android-review.googlesource.com/

The exact tagged version is android-4.0.4_r1.1

I expect that the push will be done by about 3pm PDT.

This opens the doors for the Android team to resume development of CTS
and of the developer tools directly in the Android Open-Source
Project.

The matching proprietary files will be available at
https://code.google.com/android/nexus/drivers.html by the end of day
(PDT). You should note that files related to CDMA devices (Nexus S 4G,
CDMA/LTE Xoom, CDMA/LTE Galaxy Nexus) have not been tested in the
context of AOSP. Of course, consumer support for those devices
continues unchanged.

I do not know the schedule for deployment to consumer devices,
especially in situations that involve additional per-operator
customizations done by the device manufacturers and/or in situations
that require operator approval prior to deployment.

JBQ

--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru

warning.

Re: Android 4.0.4 in AOSP Francisco Franco 3/28/12 11:39 AM
OMAP kernel sources will be pushed as well?
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.0.4 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 3/28/12 12:05 PM
I'll be working with our kernel team to make sure that the necessary
kernels do get pushed out.

Note that the baseline android-omap kernel is available in AOSP in
real time, branch android-omap-3.0 in kernel/omap

JBQ

Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru

warning.

Re: Android 4.0.4 in AOSP rascarlo 3/28/12 12:58 PM
this is great news.
since broadcom binaries for 4.0.3 have been pushed only yesterday, will they be pushed as well for 4.0.4?
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.0.4 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 3/28/12 1:08 PM
There's the whole set of binaries for which we currently have
licenses, including Broadcom binaries for all 6 devices (crespo,
crespo4g, stingray, wingray, maguro, toro).

JBQ

Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru

warning.

Re: Android 4.0.4 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 3/28/12 1:09 PM
All of 4.0.4 is now in git. Feel free to repo sync your clients :)

JBQ

Re: Android 4.0.4 in AOSP RANDYRKELLY 3/28/12 1:13 PM
Sweet thanks for the updates, Lets see what bug fixes we have
Re: Android 4.0.4 in AOSP Tylar Overturf 3/28/12 1:24 PM
When the proprietary files for 4.0.4 get uploaded the ones for maguro should work for toro right since they are the same hardware? Except on course the GSM one.
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.0.4 in AOSP rascarlo 3/28/12 1:30 PM
thank you JBQ
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.0.4 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 3/28/12 1:42 PM
You'll get the same files for maguro and toro as you had for 4.0.3
(samsung, imgtec and broadcom for maguro, imgtec and broadcom for
toro), but AOSP wasn't tested on toro.

JBQ

Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru

warning.

Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.0.4 in AOSP Jake Wharton 3/28/12 1:52 PM
I noticed that this push did not include updates to the support library repository. Will those be pushed separately? I had hoped they would be included since they were released at the same time.
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.0.4 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 3/28/12 2:04 PM
I've just double-checked that this push includes everything from
Google's internal ics-mr1 and ics-mr1-release branches, i.e. the
IMM76D release that went out to Nexus S (IMM76 that went to Xoom is
identical for all AOSP purposes).

JBQ

Re: Android 4.0.4 in AOSP Will Tisdale 3/28/12 2:18 PM
Is there likely to be an code push to the kernel/samsung repo for 4.0.4?
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.0.4 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 3/28/12 2:24 PM
Yes, there will be pushes in the various kernel repositories to match
the platform release. The logistics of the push process prevent me
from releasing the kernel sources at the exact same time, but the
kernel pushes should happen by the end of the week.

JBQ

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 2:18 PM, Will Tisdale <willt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there likely to be an code push to the kernel/samsung repo for 4.0.4?

Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru

warning.

Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.0.4 in AOSP Will Tisdale 3/28/12 2:26 PM
Cool, I will look forward to that. Thanks for your quick reply.

- Will

Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.0.4 in AOSP blunden 3/28/12 2:32 PM
Awesome, as always!

Now I'm just waiting for factory images (or an OTA) to see if it contains any new radio and/or bootloader image. The code push is what's more important though of course.
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.0.4 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 3/28/12 3:07 PM
Factory images for yakju and mysid are expected to closely follow the
OTA, which in turn is expected to closely follow operator approval.

Blah blah forward-looking statement blah blah.

JBQ

Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.0.4 in AOSP blunden 3/28/12 3:15 PM
I thought OTAs were already rolling out based on the Google+ post below. Is that wrong?

https://plus.google.com/104629412415657030658/posts/NgGwavbmkQ7
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.0.4 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 3/28/12 3:20 PM
Well, it looks like they are indeed. I've isolated myself from the
rest of the team for a few hours while doing the source push, and it
looks like things have been moving fast.

I'll get things out once I confirm things, but that's probably going
to be tomorrow.

Thanks,
JBQ

Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.0.4 in AOSP Raj Bhatt 3/28/12 3:21 PM
Thanks for the updates JBQ. I'm guessing Verizon is the holdup on the LTE Galaxy Nexus OTA?
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.0.4 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 3/28/12 4:35 PM
Sorry, I don't have an answer for that, that question isn't really
relevant for AOSP.

JBQ

Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.0.4 in AOSP Syed Muhammad Ahsan 3/28/12 4:52 PM
Dear JBQ,

It has been a massive update as I've come to know from the posts around on internet till now. However, I've tried to update my phone manually using the official update file for 4.0.4 and the recovery for IML74K is not working properly. That was also the last OTA for the phone but there is something wrong with the stock recovery. Has Google prepared a fix for this problem? The problem is being discussed throughout the internet.

Your advise will be highly appreciated.
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.0.4 in AOSP Tim Wedemann 3/28/12 5:31 PM
Many people are getting a Error 7 while trying to upgrade manually. Even if only stock-versions are used. The only fix seems to be a downgrade to 2.3.4, increment update to 4.0.3 and then the 4.0.4-update ist able to complete. Are there any further information you can give about this problem?

Am Donnerstag, 29. März 2012 01:35:22 UTC+2 schrieb Jean-Baptiste Queru:
Re: Android 4.0.4 in AOSP Peter balander 3/28/12 10:50 PM
I have GSM 4.0.2 version (really, why not 4.0.3?, no update available.....) and to get the update i have to be to 4.0.3 somehow? Or i can update OTA from 4.0.2 to 4.0.4 ?

Τη Τετάρτη, 28 Μαρτίου 2012 9:08:20 μ.μ. UTC+3, ο χρήστης Jean-Baptiste Queru έγραψε:
Re: Android 4.0.4 in AOSP LEKO 3/29/12 7:18 AM
A "human readable" changelog would be awesome!   ;)

Le mercredi 28 mars 2012 14:08:20 UTC-4, Jean-Baptiste Queru a écrit :
Re: Android 4.0.4 in AOSP vijayk 3/28/12 8:47 PM
@ JBQ - Does 4.0.4 have support for PandaBoard.

or Do I still need to use the master branch?
- thanks
vijayk

On Mar 29, 4:35 am, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
> Sorry, I don't have an answer for that, that question isn't really
> relevant for AOSP.
>
> JBQ
>

> On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 3:21 PM, Raj Bhatt <anuraj.bh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks for the updates JBQ. I'm guessing Verizon is the holdup on the LTE
> > Galaxy Nexus OTA?
>
> > On Wednesday, March 28, 2012 3:07:58 PM UTC-7, Jean-Baptiste Queru wrote:
>
> >> Factory images for yakju and mysid are expected to closely follow the
> >> OTA, which in turn is expected to closely follow operator approval.
>
> >> Blah blah forward-looking statement blah blah.
>
> >> JBQ

> >> --
> >> Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
> >> Software Engineer, Android Open-Source Project, Google.
>
> >> Questions sent directly to me that have no reason for being private
> >> will likely get ignored or forwarded to a public forum with no further
> >> warning.
>
> > --

> Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
> Software Engineer, Android Open-Source Project, Google.
>
> Questions sent directly to me that have no reason for being private
> will likely get ignored or forwarded to a public forum with no further
> warning.
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.0.4 in AOSP Ernst Sjöstrand 3/29/12 3:32 AM
It looks like there's no ics-mr1-release branch on the manifest git in AOSP,
but ics-mr1-release doesn't exist on all branches either from what I can see.
How is that branch supposed to work?

Regards
//Ernst Sjöstrand

2012/3/28 Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com>:
> I've just double-checked that this push includes everything from
> Google's internal ics-mr1 and ics-mr1-release branches, i.e. the
> IMM76D release that went out to Nexus S (IMM76 that went to Xoom is
> identical for all AOSP purposes).
>
> JBQ
>
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 1:52 PM, Jake Wharton <jakew...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I noticed that this push did not include updates to the support library
>> repository. Will those be pushed separately? I had hoped they would be
>> included since they were released at the same time.
>>

>> On Wednesday, March 28, 2012 1:42:08 PM UTC-7, Jean-Baptiste Queru wrote:
>>>
>>> You'll get the same files for maguro and toro as you had for 4.0.3
>>> (samsung, imgtec and broadcom for maguro, imgtec and broadcom for
>>> toro), but AOSP wasn't tested on toro.
>>>
>>> JBQ

Re: Android 4.0.4 in AOSP Josh Avroch 3/28/12 9:35 PM
I noticed a new build variant, torospr. Any idea what this is meant
for?

On Mar 28, 7:35 pm, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
> Sorry, I don't have an answer for that, that question isn't really
> relevant for AOSP.
>
> JBQ
>

> On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 3:21 PM, Raj Bhatt <anuraj.bh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks for the updates JBQ. I'm guessing Verizon is the holdup on the LTE
> > Galaxy Nexus OTA?
>
> > On Wednesday, March 28, 2012 3:07:58 PM UTC-7, Jean-Baptiste Queru wrote:
>
> >> Factory images for yakju and mysid are expected to closely follow the
> >> OTA, which in turn is expected to closely follow operator approval.
>
> >> Blah blah forward-looking statement blah blah.
>
> >> JBQ

Re: Android 4.0.4 in AOSP ruZZ 3/29/12 10:45 AM
Builds perfectly. Very stable so far. I added all the proprietaries that you published and topped up the rest on the side. Found some gapps for 4.0.4 and havent had a single glitch while trying everything out.

Thanks!!! :)

-ruZZ
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.0.4 in AOSP Magnus Bäck 3/29/12 11:32 AM
On Thursday, March 29, 2012 at 06:32 EDT,

     Ernst Sj�strand <ern...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It looks like there's no ics-mr1-release branch on the manifest git in
> AOSP, but ics-mr1-release doesn't exist on all branches either from
> what I can see.  How is that branch supposed to work?

The manifest branches for the releases are named like the tags
(to make "repo init -b" happy?), so for 4.0.4 you should be looking
at the android-4.0.4_r1.1 branch. The manifest pointed to by the
android-4.0.4_r1.1 branch and tag has android-4.0.4_r1.1 as the
default revision for all gits. Which branch(es), ics-mr1 and/or
ics-mr1-release, this tag is reachable from probably doesn't matter
to you.

--
Magnus B�ck
ba...@google.com

Re: Android 4.0.4 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 3/29/12 12:15 PM
I've started separate threads to answer specific questions, as having
tons of different questions in a single thread is unmanageable.

Also, I have no visibility over the update process of retail devices,
as that's not my domain of expertise.

JBQ

--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru

warning.

Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.0.4 in AOSP Luciano Carvalho 3/29/12 10:25 AM
AFAIK, ics-mr1-release is where the release tags are applied.

If you want the content from that branch you can either sync android-4.0.4_r1, or sync ics-mr1 then do a repo forall and checkout ics-mr1-release.

Regards,

Luciano.
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.0.4 in AOSP John Kirk 3/29/12 11:17 AM

I suggest torospr is toro-sprint in preperation for the release in April.

Re: Android 4.0.4 in AOSP Kush S 3/29/12 10:44 AM
Any release notes for the new release?

On Mar 28, 11:08 am, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
> I'm in the process of pushing the Android 4.0.4 files (IMM76D) into
> the Android Open-Source Project. This represents an incremental update
> of a few hundred changes over 4.0.3.
>
> This matches the update that has been sent to a few devices since yesterday.
>
> As usual, the full source history is provided. Also, all changes are
> merged into the master branch, from where it's possible to contribute
> viahttps://android-review.googlesource.com/
>
> The exact tagged version is android-4.0.4_r1.1
>
> I expect that the push will be done by about 3pm PDT.
>
> This opens the doors for the Android team to resume development of CTS
> and of the developer tools directly in the Android Open-Source
> Project.
>
> The matching proprietary files will be available athttps://code.google.com/android/nexus/drivers.htmlby the end of day
> (PDT). You should note that files related to CDMA devices (Nexus S 4G,
> CDMA/LTE Xoom, CDMA/LTE Galaxy Nexus) have not been tested in the
> context of AOSP. Of course, consumer support for those devices
> continues unchanged.
>
> I do not know the schedule for deployment to consumer devices,
> especially in situations that involve additional per-operator
> customizations done by the device manufacturers and/or in situations
> that require operator approval prior to deployment.
>
> JBQ

Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.0.4 in AOSP Ernst Sjöstrand 3/29/12 11:47 PM
Hi Magnus! :-)

When creating a local mirror of the android-4.0.4_r1.1 tag I found that
I could not sync tags from our Gerrit server unless the referenced commit
was also part of a tag. Hence, which branches a tag is reachable from actually
does matter.

Regards
//Ernst

2012/3/29 Magnus Bäck <ba...@google.com>:

> On Thursday, March 29, 2012 at 06:32 EDT,
>     Ernst Sjöstrand <ern...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> It looks like there's no ics-mr1-release branch on the manifest git in
>> AOSP, but ics-mr1-release doesn't exist on all branches either from
>> what I can see.  How is that branch supposed to work?
>
> The manifest branches for the releases are named like the tags
> (to make "repo init -b" happy?), so for 4.0.4 you should be looking
> at the android-4.0.4_r1.1 branch. The manifest pointed to by the
> android-4.0.4_r1.1 branch and tag has android-4.0.4_r1.1 as the
> default revision for all gits. Which branch(es), ics-mr1 and/or
> ics-mr1-release, this tag is reachable from probably doesn't matter
> to you.
>
> --
> Magnus Bäck
> ba...@google.com

Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.0.4 in AOSP Ernst Sjöstrand 3/30/12 12:58 AM
Sorry,

"unless the referenced commit was also part of a _branch_."

Regards
//Ernst

2012/3/30 Ernst Sjöstrand <ern...@gmail.com>:

Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.0.4 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 3/30/12 8:42 AM
Indeed. repo does a deep copy of branches, and a shallow copy of tags.
If a tag references a commit, tree or blob that's not reachable from a
branch, it's left dangling with an unresolved reference.

That's exactly why each project contains the -release branches. Those
branches aren't used in any manifest, but they hold indirect
references to the tagged commits of the individual releases, so that
those commits get fetched by repo sync.

JBQ

2012/3/30 Ernst Sjöstrand <ern...@gmail.com>:

--

Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru

warning.

Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.0.4 in AOSP Magnus Bäck 3/30/12 9:38 AM
On Friday, March 30, 2012 at 11:42 EDT,
     Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:

> Indeed. repo does a deep copy of branches, and a shallow copy of tags.
> If a tag references a commit, tree or blob that's not reachable from a
> branch, it's left dangling with an unresolved reference.

AFAIK Repo isn't involved here. It's Gerrit that makes the decision to
only advertise tags reachable from branches the user is allowed to see.

> That's exactly why each project contains the -release branches. Those
> branches aren't used in any manifest, but they hold indirect
> references to the tagged commits of the individual releases, so that
> those commits get fetched by repo sync.

Well, you'd have those branches anyway since even the automerger would
want to merge on top of a branch head. The fact that this branch comes
very handy when Gerrit doesn't evaluate ACL read access for tag objects
but rather infers it from the user's ability to read branches is more of
a bonus, right?

--
Magnus B�ck
ba...@google.com

Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.0.4 in AOSP Magnus Bäck 3/30/12 9:54 AM
On Friday, March 30, 2012 at 03:58 EDT,

     Ernst Sj�strand <ern...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2012/3/30 Ernst Sj�strand <ern...@gmail.com>:

> > When creating a local mirror of the android-4.0.4_r1.1 tag I found
> > that I could not sync tags from our Gerrit server unless the
> > referenced commit was also part of a tag. Hence, which branches a
> > tag is reachable from actually does matter.
>
> Sorry,
>
> "unless the referenced commit was also part of a _branch_."

Ah, yes. I had forgotten about that. Did you also send a frustrated
email to Fredrik et al, complaining that their Gerrit server was broken
again because the tags you pushed didn't stick? :-)

For anything but completely new Android branches I resorted to just
pushing x and x-release branches for all x in all gits, then pushing
the tag. Then the manifest contents is irrelevant. If one really wants
to mirror everything, a single

    repo forall -c 'git push ssh://host/$REPO_PROJECT \
        --tags refs/heads/*:refs/heads/someprefix/*'

would take care of everything (assuming a workspace initialized with
--mirror).

--
Magnus B�ck
ba...@google.com

Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.0.4 in AOSP Ernst Sjöstrand 3/30/12 11:44 AM
Ok, I see how it works now, thanks for the info! I guess that we're
not that many people who actually mirror
releases on another server, and it's easy to solve.

Regards
//Ernst Sjöstand

2012/3/30 Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com>:

Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.0.4 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 3/30/12 1:52 PM
As a rule of thumb, almost all commits in all branches combined do
exist in the latest tagged release, which is the most common use case,
so if you mirror all the branches at the same time that's not going to
be much more expensive than mirroring just the latest release,
currently 4.0.4. At the current count, 409384 vs 404374 commits if I
got my scripts right.

Now, if you want to mirror older branches, that's a different story As
an example, for 2.2.3 the count is 206575 vs 85659. Unfortunately,
there's no easy way to know which branch to mirror to get a given tag,
other than knowing ahead of time (or writing a script for that, which
sounds possible).

Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.0.4 in AOSP John Kirk 3/30/12 1:59 PM

Apologies in advance for this: I just got dizzy and fell from reading this thread. Great information as I am interested in creating a local mirror. Is this information organized anywhere for learners like me? Thank you all for your work and input.

Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.0.4 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 3/30/12 2:32 PM
Generally speaking, the recommendation is to create a full mirror of
all the repositories.

There's some partial information about that under "Using a local
mirror" at http://source.android.com/source/downloading.html -
specifically, note the special manifest to use for mirroring, and the
--mirror option in repo.

Note that I don't know how to set things up to serve this from a
server. It *might* work from behind a plain git-daemon, but I'm not
even sure about that.

JBQ

Re: Android 4.0.4 in AOSP KalimochoAz 3/30/12 4:27 PM
Jean-Baptiste Queru,

What about Crespo kernel? Any plan to release the source now? or is
not at android.sourcecode?

Rafael
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.0.4 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 3/30/12 4:57 PM
It's in the plans, but unfortunately I've spent the last 2 days
dealing with emergencies and I haven't yet had time to deal with
kernels.

I'll try to do it tonight (or as soon as possible).

JBQ

Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.0.4 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 3/30/12 5:25 PM
I've pushed the kernels for crespo (samsung), tuna (omap) and wingray (tegra).

Look for them by SHA-1 from the changelogs of the prebuilt kernel binaries:

repo forall device/samsung/crespo device/moto/wingray
device/samsung/tuna -pc git log --max-count=1 android-4.0.4_r1.1 --
kernel
project device/moto/wingray/
commit 22c420fc8998f1ac9764d187fea919a774154667
Author: Dmitry Shmidt <dimi...@google.com>
Date:   Tue Mar 13 16:03:15 2012 -0700

    stingray: Kernel prebuilt -- DO NOT MERGE

    42a0480 net: wireless: bcmdhd: Fix mac setting from platform hook

    Change-Id: I5940af601849a0fe0ceeea2c207b18a8d706aa8c
    Signed-off-by: Dmitry Shmidt <dimi...@google.com>

project device/samsung/crespo/
commit 0d22ff6303f7876a75da90e02bccc660df6ed3f4
Author: Simon Wilson <simon...@google.com>
Date:   Thu Feb 2 17:01:30 2012 -0800

    new kernel + wifi prebuilt

    6656123 ARM: s5pv210: herring: don't disable prox sensor during suspend

    Change-Id: I6899d07b14f72c2148d9d4fac66f11c88e42466a

project device/samsung/tuna/
commit 3b50cc6d1c148210fa7b39b1ba48f54f8c5e558d
Author: Dmitry Shmidt <dimi...@google.com>
Date:   Tue Mar 13 15:59:42 2012 -0700

    tuna: kernel prebuilt -- DO NOT MERGE

    034fec9 net: wireless: bcmdhd: Fix mac setting from platform hook

    Change-Id: I45c7b3a193e652b278334b775b1d10684e1eea01
    Signed-off-by: Dmitry Shmidt <dimi...@google.com>

JBQ

Re: Android 4.0.4 in AOSP Prashant Mishra 3/31/12 9:31 AM
Hi Now I am not able to update 4.0.3 to 4.0.4 on my Nexus S i9023

Please Help me Google

Thanks
Prashant
Re: Android 4.0.4 in AOSP KalimochoAz 4/2/12 6:47 AM
Thanks for the efford you are doing, not only mergin but taking care
of our requests all the day.

Rafael

On 31 mar, 02:25, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
> I've pushed the kernels for crespo (samsung), tuna (omap) and wingray (tegra).
>
> Look for them by SHA-1 from the changelogs of the prebuilt kernel binaries:
>
> repo forall device/samsung/crespo device/moto/wingray
> device/samsung/tuna -pc git log --max-count=1 android-4.0.4_r1.1 --
> kernel
> project device/moto/wingray/
> commit 22c420fc8998f1ac9764d187fea919a774154667
> Author: Dmitry Shmidt <dimitr...@google.com>
> Date:   Tue Mar 13 16:03:15 2012 -0700
>
>     stingray: Kernel prebuilt -- DO NOT MERGE
>
>     42a0480 net: wireless: bcmdhd: Fix mac setting from platform hook
>
>     Change-Id: I5940af601849a0fe0ceeea2c207b18a8d706aa8c
>     Signed-off-by: Dmitry Shmidt <dimitr...@google.com>
>
> project device/samsung/crespo/
> commit 0d22ff6303f7876a75da90e02bccc660df6ed3f4
> Author: Simon Wilson <simonwil...@google.com>
> Date:   Thu Feb 2 17:01:30 2012 -0800
>
>     new kernel + wifi prebuilt
>
>     6656123 ARM: s5pv210: herring: don't disable prox sensor during suspend
>
>     Change-Id: I6899d07b14f72c2148d9d4fac66f11c88e42466a
>
> project device/samsung/tuna/
> commit 3b50cc6d1c148210fa7b39b1ba48f54f8c5e558d
> Author: Dmitry Shmidt <dimitr...@google.com>
> Date:   Tue Mar 13 15:59:42 2012 -0700
>
>     tuna: kernel prebuilt -- DO NOT MERGE
>
>     034fec9 net: wireless: bcmdhd: Fix mac setting from platform hook
>
>     Change-Id: I45c7b3a193e652b278334b775b1d10684e1eea01
>     Signed-off-by: Dmitry Shmidt <dimitr...@google.com>
>
> JBQ
>

> On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 4:57 PM, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
> > It's in the plans, but unfortunately I've spent the last 2 days
> > dealing with emergencies and I haven't yet had time to deal with
> > kernels.
>
> > I'll try to do it tonight (or as soon as possible).
>
> > JBQ
>
> > On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 4:27 PM, KalimochoAz
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.0.4 in AOSP Luciano Carvalho 3/31/12 3:04 PM

What's the kernel version released with 4.0.4 on Galaxy Nexus?

Does 4.0.4 have a specific Kernel dependency that would require upgrading the kernel used on 4.0.3?

Thanks,

Luciano.

Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.0.4 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 4/2/12 9:59 AM
repo forall device/samsung/tuna -c git log --max-count=1
android-4.0.4_r1.1 -- kernel

commit 3b50cc6d1c148210fa7b39b1ba48f54f8c5e558d
Author: Dmitry Shmidt <dimi...@google.com>
Date:   Tue Mar 13 15:59:42 2012 -0700

    tuna: kernel prebuilt -- DO NOT MERGE

    034fec9 net: wireless: bcmdhd: Fix mac setting from platform hook

    Change-Id: I45c7b3a193e652b278334b775b1d10684e1eea01
    Signed-off-by: Dmitry Shmidt <dimi...@google.com>

You're looking for kernel 034fec9

JBQ

Re: Android 4.0.4 in AOSP Lucky_L 4/4/12 3:54 AM
Hi
When will the CTS tool for 4.0.4 mr 1.1 be released officially?
It´s not here: http://source.android.com/compatibility/downloads.html
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.0.4 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 4/4/12 8:04 AM
That's not exactly my domain, so I can only reply from a certain
distance. As far as I know 4.0.4 implements the same API level as
4.0.3, so I don't expect to see versions of CTS specifically for it,
and I'm guessing that CTS will continue being numbered as 4.0.3 for
this API level.

JBQ

Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru

warning.

Re: Android 4.0.4 in AOSP iceandfire 4/26/12 12:13 PM
I have the source for 4.0.3. Do i have to initialize source again ie do repo init for 4.0.4 and download the source again? Because after repo sync, lunch still shows 4.0.3! Any help would be appreciated?

On Wednesday, March 28, 2012 11:38:20 PM UTC+5:30, Jean-Baptiste Queru wrote:
[...]

Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.0.4 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 4/26/12 12:45 PM
In your existing client:

repo init -b android-4.0.4_r1.2
repo sync

That'll just download the new changes incrementally.

JBQ

More topics »