Android 4.1 in AOSP

Showing 1-107 of 107 messages
Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/9/12 3:56 PM
We're releasing Android 4.1 in AOSP today.

The name of the tagged release is android-4.1.1_r1.

The name of the development branch is jb-dev.

We recommend that you create new clients, even if you're working in
the master branch. It'll make your clients smaller and faster to sync.

Proprietary binaries are available for Nexus 7 and Galaxy Nexus. Nexus
S and Xoom will follow.

JBQ, on behalf of the entire Android team at Google.

--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
Technical Lead, Android Open Source Project, Google.

Questions sent directly to me that have no reason for being private
will likely get ignored or forwarded to a public forum with no further
warning.
Re: [android-building] Android 4.1 in AOSP Carlos Silva 7/9/12 4:10 PM
On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 10:56 PM, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
We're releasing Android 4.1 in AOSP today.

The name of the tagged release is android-4.1.1_r1.

The name of the development branch is jb-dev.

We recommend that you create new clients, even if you're working in
the master branch. It'll make your clients smaller and faster to sync.

Proprietary binaries are available for Nexus 7 and Galaxy Nexus. Nexus
S and Xoom will follow.

JBQ, on behalf of the entire Android team at Google.

Congratulations to all the Android Team! :)

btw, any info on OTAs for supported devices? (Nexus S, Galaxy Nexus and Xoom) 
Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Chris Huston 7/9/12 4:18 PM
Although, I don't have a nexus - I do have a xoom - so it is great to hear that you guys are going to be rolling out a JB update soon! Thanks!

PS. This is probably really early to say, but Samsung and Google said that they may release JB on the GS3 in Q4. Do you guys have JB in the works for this device; and if so, is it going to work with Verizon's version (sigh the only one with a locked bootloader)?

Thanks for the great work!
Re: [android-building] Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/9/12 4:19 PM
On this list, there are no ETAs for OTAs, sorry.

JBQ
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the "Android
> Building" mailing list.
> To post to this group, send email to android-...@googlegroups.com
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> android-buildi...@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/android-building?hl=en
Re: [android-building] Android 4.1 in AOSP Carlos Silva 7/9/12 4:20 PM
On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 11:19 PM, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
On this list, there are no ETAs for OTAs, sorry.
No problem... Silly question anyway :X 
Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP M.V. 7/9/12 4:21 PM
YES, hope to see the yakju and takju factory images soon.
(got JB from i/o already on my maguro, but the it's always nice to have a 100% official build.)
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/9/12 4:22 PM
From my Open Source seat, I don't have any direct involvement in
individual retail updates, so I really can't provide any information
about updates to devices.

Thanks for understanding,
JBQ
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the "Android
> Building" mailing list.
> To post to this group, send email to android-...@googlegroups.com
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> android-buildi...@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/android-building?hl=en



Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/9/12 4:24 PM
Following our usual practice, factory images will follow soon after
the matching OTAs to consumer devices.

JBQ
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the "Android
> Building" mailing list.
> To post to this group, send email to android-...@googlegroups.com
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> android-buildi...@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/android-building?hl=en



Re: [android-building] Android 4.1 in AOSP Mathew Says IdareYou 7/9/12 4:23 PM

That means jb-devs will be updated more oftenly than android-4.1.1_j1?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the "Android Building" mailing list.
To post to this group, send email to android-...@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-buildi...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-building?hl=en
Re: [android-building] Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/9/12 4:25 PM
I expect that jb-dev will receive very frequent updates in the CTS project.

JBQ
Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Francisco Franco 7/9/12 4:30 PM
Thanks so much for pushing it to AOSP.

OMAP kernel repo will be pushed as well or jb-pre1's code is what Google wants as a final 4.1 kernel?
Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP mike c 7/9/12 4:32 PM
when you say nexus s, does that include the gsm and cdma models?
Re: [android-building] Android 4.1 in AOSP Jeremy Schulte 7/9/12 4:27 PM
Will you give us the heads up as to when it is safe to sync?
Re: [android-building] Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/9/12 4:37 PM
I will - there are some small replication delays.

JBQ
Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Faryaab Sheikh 7/9/12 4:38 PM
Any estimated time when the Android 4.1 AOSP source goes live ?
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/9/12 4:43 PM
Full replication takes about 2 hours, and we're about half-way through.

6pm PDT seems like a safe bet.

JBQ
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the "Android
> Building" mailing list.
> To post to this group, send email to android-...@googlegroups.com
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> android-buildi...@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/android-building?hl=en



Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/9/12 4:44 PM
I'll make sure to update the kernels trees as necessary. The changes
from the preview should be very minimal, though.

JBQ
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the "Android
> Building" mailing list.
> To post to this group, send email to android-...@googlegroups.com
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> android-buildi...@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/android-building?hl=en



Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/9/12 4:50 PM
Yes, sorry I should have been more clear. This includes GSM and CDMA
models of Nexus S.

JBQ
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the "Android
> Building" mailing list.
> To post to this group, send email to android-...@googlegroups.com
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> android-buildi...@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/android-building?hl=en



Re: [android-building] Android 4.1 in AOSP Jeremy Schulte 7/9/12 4:39 PM
Thank you sir!
Re: [android-building] Android 4.1 in AOSP Chandra 7/9/12 4:42 PM
Hi JBQ,
Where can download the binaries for Galaxy Nexus?

Thanks,
Chandra
Re: [android-building] Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/9/12 4:51 PM
Binaries are available at their usual location
https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/drivers

JBQ
Re: [android-building] Android 4.1 in AOSP Guillaume Parent 7/9/12 4:56 PM
Is there no ETA for the Nexus S binaries? Within the day/tomorrow or possibly later?
Re: [android-building] Android 4.1 in AOSP jamsterzak 7/9/12 4:56 PM
\o/ thanks!
Re: [android-building] Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/9/12 4:58 PM
The plan for Nexus S and Xoom binaries is to approximately match the
timing of the consumer release.

JBQ
Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Nick Depinet 7/9/12 5:11 PM
I notice that there are now toro binaries for CDMA/LTE and orientation sensor available when there were not previously. What does this mean for the status of toro and AOSP? Will there be new factory images of 4.1?
Re: [android-building] Android 4.1 in AOSP mike c 7/9/12 5:11 PM
does this mean we will see it when it gets pushed to OTA, or will it be out sooner? sorry, not sure what it all refers to when you say "consumer release", I mean of course for the cdma and gsm nexus s

On Monday, 9 July 2012 17:58:26 UTC-6, Jean-Baptiste Queru wrote:
The plan for Nexus S and Xoom binaries is to approximately match the
timing of the consumer release.

JBQ

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 4:56 PM, Guillaume Parent <gpa...@gparent.org> wrote:
> Is there no ETA for the Nexus S binaries? Within the day/tomorrow or
> possibly later?
>
>
> On Monday, July 9, 2012 7:51:38 PM UTC-4, Jean-Baptiste Queru wrote:
>>
>> Binaries are available at their usual location
>> https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/drivers
>>
>> JBQ
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 4:42 PM, Chandra Gopalaiah
>> <chandrap...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi JBQ,
>> > Where can download the binaries for Galaxy Nexus?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Chandra
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 4:37 PM, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com>
>> > wrote:
>> >>
>> >> I will - there are some small replication delays.
>> >>
>> >> JBQ
>> >>
>> >> On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 4:27 PM, Jeremy Schulte <adrj...@gmail.com>
>> >> wrote:
>> >> > Will you give us the heads up as to when it is safe to sync?
>> >> >
>> >> >
>> >> > On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 4:19 PM, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com>
>> >> > wrote:
>> >> >>
>> >> >> On this list, there are no ETAs for OTAs, sorry.
>> >> >>
>> >> >> JBQ
>> >> >>
>> >> >> On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 4:10 PM, Carlos Silva <r3...@r3pek.org>
>> >> >> wrote:
>> >> >> > On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 10:56 PM, Jean-Baptiste Queru
>> >> >> > <j...@android.com>
>> >> >> > wrote:
>> >> >> >>
>> >> >> >> We're releasing Android 4.1 in AOSP today.
>> >> >> >>
>> >> >> >> The name of the tagged release is android-4.1.1_r1.
>> >> >> >>
>> >> >> >> The name of the development branch is jb-dev.
>> >> >> >>
>> >> >> >> We recommend that you create new clients, even if you're working
>> >> >> >> in
>> >> >> >> the master branch. It'll make your clients smaller and faster to
>> >> >> >> sync.
>> >> >> >>
>> >> >> >> Proprietary binaries are available for Nexus 7 and Galaxy Nexus.
>> >> >> >> Nexus
>> >> >> >> S and Xoom will follow.
>> >> >> >>
>> >> >> >> JBQ, on behalf of the entire Android team at Google.
>> >> >> >
>> >> >> >
>> >> >> > Congratulations to all the Android Team! :)
>> >> >> >
>> >> >> > btw, any info on OTAs for supported devices? (Nexus S, Galaxy
>> >> >> > Nexus
>> >> >> > and
>> >> >> > Xoom)
>> >> >> >
>> >> >> > --
>> >> >> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the
>> >> >> > "Android
>> >> >> > Building" mailing list.
>> >> >> > To post to this group, send email to
>> >> >> > android-...@googlegroups.com
>> >> >> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>> >> >> > android-buildi...@googlegroups.com
>> >> >> > For more options, visit this group at
>> >> >> > http://groups.google.com/group/android-building?hl=en
>> >> >>
>> >> >>
>> >> >>
>> >> >> --
>> >> >> Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
>> >> >> Technical Lead, Android Open Source Project, Google.
>> >> >>
>> >> >> Questions sent directly to me that have no reason for being private
>> >> >> will likely get ignored or forwarded to a public forum with no
>> >> >> further
>> >> >> warning.
>> >> >>
>> >> >> --
>> >> >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the "Android
>> >> >> Building" mailing list.
>> >> >> To post to this group, send email to
>> >> >> android-...@googlegroups.com
>> >> >> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>> >> >> android-buildi...@googlegroups.com
>> >> >> For more options, visit this group at
>> >> >> http://groups.google.com/group/android-building?hl=en
>> >> >
>> >> >
>> >> > --
>> >> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the "Android
>> >> > Building" mailing list.
>> >> > To post to this group, send email to
>> >> > android-...@googlegroups.com
>> >> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>> >> > android-buildi...@googlegroups.com
>> >> > For more options, visit this group at
>> >> > http://groups.google.com/group/android-building?hl=en
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> --
>> >> Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
>> >> Technical Lead, Android Open Source Project, Google.
>> >>
>> >> Questions sent directly to me that have no reason for being private
>> >> will likely get ignored or forwarded to a public forum with no further
>> >> warning.
>> >>
>> >> --
>> >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the "Android
>> >> Building" mailing list.
>> >> To post to this group, send email to android-...@googlegroups.com
>> >> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>> >> android-buildi...@googlegroups.com
>> >> For more options, visit this group at
>> >> http://groups.google.com/group/android-building?hl=en
>> >
>> >
>> > --
>> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the "Android
>> > Building" mailing list.
>> > To post to this group, send email to android-...@googlegroups.com
>> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>> > android-buildi...@googlegroups.com
>> > For more options, visit this group at
>> > http://groups.google.com/group/android-building?hl=en
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
>> Technical Lead, Android Open Source Project, Google.
>>
>> Questions sent directly to me that have no reason for being private
>> will likely get ignored or forwarded to a public forum with no further
>> warning.
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the "Android
> Building" mailing list.
> To post to this group, send email to android-...@googlegroups.com
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> android-buildi...@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/android-building?hl=en



--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
Technical Lead, Android Open Source Project, Google.

Questions sent directly to me that have no reason for being private
will likely get ignored or forwarded to a public forum with no further
warning.
Re: [android-building] Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/9/12 5:18 PM
Yes, in this case, it means "the OTAs".

I'm used to saying "consumer release" as it covers both the case of
OTAs and of devices being sold in stores.

JBQ
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/9/12 5:20 PM
You've got sharp eyes :)

We've been making progress on toro indeed, and we can now distribute
Invensense's proprietary binaries.

JBQ

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 5:11 PM, Nick Depinet <depin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I notice that there are now toro binaries for CDMA/LTE and orientation
> sensor available when there were not previously. What does this mean for the
> status of toro and AOSP? Will there be new factory images of 4.1?
Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Nathan Hosford 7/9/12 5:20 PM


 Wanted to know ant info on the verizon version of the Galaxy Nexus will you be releasing any JB goodness for that or will we need to wait for verizon?

                                           oh and congrats on JB!
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Nick Depinet 7/9/12 5:24 PM
Well, progress is definitely good! Some of us on toro have been feeling like the red-headed stepchild.
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/9/12 5:26 PM
I have no control over and no information about the OTA itself.
Factory images will be released after the OTA, as usual.

As for AOSP on the VZW Galaxy Nexus, it essentially matches the GSM version now.

JBQ
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP jamsterzak 7/9/12 5:29 PM
So no word on Samsung releasing the toroplus?
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP jamsterzak 7/9/12 5:30 PM
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Damian Duch 7/9/12 5:30 PM
Congrats good sir! Your work is much appreciated by masses!

Damian

Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/9/12 5:33 PM
As far as AOSP is concerned, I only deal in toro (i.e. mysid builds)
and maguro (i.e. yakju and takju builds).

JBQ

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 5:29 PM, jamsterzak <jamst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So no word on Samsung releasing the toroplus?
>
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Manish 7/9/12 5:32 PM
Hi JBQ,

Slightly off topic:  What is tentative date of release of Platform
Development Kit?


On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 8:29 PM, jamsterzak <jamst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So no word on Samsung releasing the toroplus?
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the "Android Building" mailing list.
> To post to this group, send email to android-...@googlegroups.com
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> android-buildi...@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/android-building?hl=en



--
Manish Shakya
http://www.manishshakya.com.np
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Jeff McIntire 7/9/12 5:34 PM
So does Toro have official AOSP support now? Sorry for the noob question, but I'm using this information and what I saw here  https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/drivers#torojro03c for a news article I'm working on.

Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Nathan Hosford 7/9/12 5:35 PM
So rom devs can make roms for the verizon Galaxy Nexus? I have  been using some of the roms that are out now they are fast but very buggy.
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/9/12 5:35 PM
I don't know the release dates for the PDK, sorry.

JBQ
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/9/12 5:36 PM
I don't consider toro to be higher than "experimental" at this point.

JBQ
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP jamsterzak 7/9/12 5:39 PM
You told me that before, I'm just a fuddy duddy brain today! Congrats to you and your team.
Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP David Rouleau 7/9/12 5:44 PM
Any word regarding toroplus? it would be nice to not be the only nexus device left out. great job on jellybean though guys, it is truly amazing software.


On Monday, July 9, 2012 6:56:11 PM UTC-4, Jean-Baptiste Queru wrote:
We're releasing Android 4.1 in AOSP today.

The name of the tagged release is android-4.1.1_r1.

The name of the development branch is jb-dev.

We recommend that you create new clients, even if you're working in
the master branch. It'll make your clients smaller and faster to sync.

Proprietary binaries are available for Nexus 7 and Galaxy Nexus. Nexus
S and Xoom will follow.

JBQ, on behalf of the entire Android team at Google.

--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
Technical Lead, Android Open Source Project, Google.

Questions sent directly to me that have no reason for being private
will likely get ignored or forwarded to a public forum with no further
warning.
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/9/12 5:47 PM
It's always been possible to create custom builds for the VZW Galaxy
Nexus (we've always distributed all the files we could), but from this
point you can expect that they'll be easier to develop and that
they'll work better in Jelly Bean than they did in Ice Cream Sandwich.

JBQ
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/9/12 5:49 PM
As far as toroplus, the situation is unchanged: there are no plans to
support it as a target device for custom AOSP builds.

JBQ
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the "Android
> Building" mailing list.
> To post to this group, send email to android-...@googlegroups.com
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> android-buildi...@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/android-building?hl=en



Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP John Stager 7/9/12 6:02 PM
How about Acer A500/501
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP 808droider 7/9/12 6:05 PM
Are the OTA's being distributed to verizon customers anytime soon...my nexus currently has the 4.0.4 update
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Geofuzzy 7/9/12 6:05 PM
great work on getting the additional binaries for toro. Really appreciate the hard work that you guys do on the android open source team. It will be nice to be able to build toro from AOSP that much easier!
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/9/12 6:07 PM
No ETAs on OTAs, sorry.

JBQ
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/9/12 6:09 PM
There's no AOSP support for new devices other than Nexus 7. Anything
beyond that is up to individual OEMs.

JBQ
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the "Android
> Building" mailing list.
> To post to this group, send email to android-...@googlegroups.com
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> android-buildi...@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/android-building?hl=en



Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP 808droider 7/9/12 6:12 PM
will i still be able to update when the OTA's are sent if i run the rom now...sorry in advance for silly questions

On Monday, July 9, 2012 3:07:25 PM UTC-10, Jean-Baptiste Queru wrote:
No ETAs on OTAs, sorry.

JBQ

Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/9/12 6:14 PM
I don't think so.

JBQ
Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Beaton3344 7/9/12 6:17 PM
Awesome Can't Wait...........   
Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP SamuRay 7/9/12 6:18 PM


El lunes, 9 de julio de 2012 18:26:11 UTC-4:30, Jean-Baptiste Queru escribió:
Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Leo V 7/9/12 6:31 PM
How likely is it for older devices to have a shot at 4.1 - Thunderbolt for example

Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP pesc 7/9/12 6:31 PM
Is it now uploaded successfully?
Can I start with the download?
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Jordan Long 7/9/12 6:41 PM
JBQ, any reason why you cant (or maybe wont) speculate on release dates for 4.1 for xoom/Nexus S? TIA
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/9/12 6:50 PM
That's fundamentally a question for the carriers and OEMs who support
those devices, so I can't answer it, sorry.

JBQ

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 6:31 PM, Leo V <chicag...@gmail.com> wrote:
> How likely is it for older devices to have a shot at 4.1 - Thunderbolt for
> example
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the "Android
> Building" mailing list.
> To post to this group, send email to android-...@googlegroups.com
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> android-buildi...@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/android-building?hl=en



Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/9/12 6:50 PM
Yes, the upload and replications completed, you can now sync.

JBQ

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 6:31 PM, pesc <peg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it now uploaded successfully?
> Can I start with the download?
>
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/9/12 6:54 PM
Well, it's not my job to talk about releases anyway, and I don't like
to speculate.

Generally speaking, I prefer to make predictions about the past than
about the future, I make fewer mistakes that way. So, looking at the
past, the two possible states are "XYZ has been released" and "XYZ
hasn't been released yet".

JBQ

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 6:41 PM, Jordan Long <jordan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> JBQ, any reason why you cant (or maybe wont) speculate on release dates
>> for 4.1 for xoom/Nexus S? TIA
>
Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP renz 7/9/12 6:57 PM


On Tuesday, July 10, 2012 6:56:11 AM UTC+8, Jean-Baptiste Queru wrote:
We're releasing Android 4.1 in AOSP today.

The name of the tagged release is android-4.1.1_r1.

The name of the development branch is jb-dev.

We recommend that you create new clients, even if you're working in
the master branch. It'll make your clients smaller and faster to sync.

Proprietary binaries are available for Nexus 7 and Galaxy Nexus. Nexus
S and Xoom will follow.

JBQ, on behalf of the entire Android team at Google.

--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
Technical Lead, Android Open Source Project, Google.

Questions sent directly to me that have no reason for being private
will likely get ignored or forwarded to a public forum with no further
warning.
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Kev 7/9/12 6:58 PM
Is it possible to say that if the OTA is withheld indefinitely for whatever reason, then the factory images may never be released?

On Monday, July 9, 2012 7:24:27 PM UTC-4, Jean-Baptiste Queru wrote:
Following our usual practice, factory images will follow soon after
the matching OTAs to consumer devices.

JBQ

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 4:21 PM, M.V. <m...@mitjaveil.com> wrote:
> YES, hope to see the yakju and takju factory images soon.
> (got JB from i/o already on my maguro, but the it's always nice to have a
> 100% official build.)
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the "Android
> Building" mailing list.
> To post to this group, send email to android-...@googlegroups.com
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> android-buildi...@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/android-building?hl=en



--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
Technical Lead, Android Open Source Project, Google.

Questions sent directly to me that have no reason for being private
will likely get ignored or forwarded to a public forum with no further
warning.
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Kevin Davis 7/9/12 7:05 PM
guava-lib stuff is very angry
Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Richard Surjadi 7/9/12 7:10 PM
HI JBQ, sorry if this question angers you but what i understand is that the nexus s and ns4g won't be getting their source codes with binaries released before the OTA?So we'll have to wait until OTA to see a source code with binatries for NS?

Thanks, Richard


On Tuesday, 10 July 2012 08:56:11 UTC+10, Jean-Baptiste Queru wrote:
We're releasing Android 4.1 in AOSP today.

The name of the tagged release is android-4.1.1_r1.

The name of the development branch is jb-dev.

We recommend that you create new clients, even if you're working in
the master branch. It'll make your clients smaller and faster to sync.

Proprietary binaries are available for Nexus 7 and Galaxy Nexus. Nexus
S and Xoom will follow.

JBQ, on behalf of the entire Android team at Google.

--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
Technical Lead, Android Open Source Project, Google.

Questions sent directly to me that have no reason for being private
will likely get ignored or forwarded to a public forum with no further
warning.
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/9/12 7:26 PM
Factory images are meant to restore your device to the state that it'd
have if it had simply received all OTAs. So, if there's no new OTA,
there's no new factory image.

JBQ
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/9/12 7:26 PM
Source files for those are available. Binaries will come at about the
same time as the OTAs.

JBQ
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the "Android
> Building" mailing list.
> To post to this group, send email to android-...@googlegroups.com
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> android-buildi...@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/android-building?hl=en



Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Jeff McIntire 7/9/12 7:35 PM
Thanks for the quick response. Much appreciated. Sorry I took so long to give thanks ;-)

Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP mike c 7/9/12 7:55 PM
As a young budding coder, what is the difference between source and binaries? 
Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Larry Schreiber 7/9/12 8:06 PM
Are there going to be toroplus binaries?
Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Sonny Gulanes 7/9/12 8:07 PM
If I'm using Kubuntu 12.04 should I download from the master branch or download a specific branch? Downloading  ICS 4.0.4_r2.1 gave me problems when compiling. Forced close on camera ang gtalk but the master branch didn't have the same problems.
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Edmund Tam 7/9/12 8:33 PM
As usual, thanks for the hard work.

I have been following this group since last December so I know it's probably not your working area, but since I have no idea how I could get more information about this for half a year I want to try here as a last resort. Sorry if it causes inconvenience.
I would like to know more about the OTA process: is there any party (involving Google) that lies between the retail part (Samsung in this case) and the ASOP area? We Hong Kong users (yakjuzs retail devices) receives 4.0.4 update just one day before Google's announcement of Jelly Bean. People complain about the delay because this is not a usual Nexus device experience people would expect to have. But Samsung Hong Kong states at least twice that it is Google, not Samsung, who is responsible for the retail updates of yakjuzs devices, and they have no word on this matter. However we have no way to reach Google to confirm this. Thanks for you time!

Edmund
Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Zach Rogers 7/9/12 9:24 PM
This is fantastic! Thank you so much, may the next chapter in Android awesomeness begin!
Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Nitin Garg 7/9/12 9:46 PM
Hi JBQ,

I am trying to sync tag android-4.1.1_r1, but it fails with following error:

Fetching projects: 100% (294/294), done.
Syncing work tree:   2% (8/294)  error: revision refs/tags/android-4.1.1_r1 in platform/dalvik not found

Any reason for this?

Regards,
Nitin Garg

On Monday, July 9, 2012 5:56:11 PM UTC-5, Jean-Baptiste Queru wrote:
We're releasing Android 4.1 in AOSP today.

The name of the tagged release is android-4.1.1_r1.

The name of the development branch is jb-dev.

We recommend that you create new clients, even if you're working in
the master branch. It'll make your clients smaller and faster to sync.

Proprietary binaries are available for Nexus 7 and Galaxy Nexus. Nexus
S and Xoom will follow.

JBQ, on behalf of the entire Android team at Google.

--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
Technical Lead, Android Open Source Project, Google.

Questions sent directly to me that have no reason for being private
will likely get ignored or forwarded to a public forum with no further
warning.
Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Neeraj Vohra 7/9/12 10:02 PM
Congratulations!

Special thanks to
Jean-Baptiste Queru for answering all our doubts.
Re: [android-building] Android 4.1 in AOSP Al Sutton 7/9/12 10:29 PM
Nice work JBQ & the team :).

Is it safe to assume the Xoom code will, as usual, only be for the US WiFi Xoom? I'm only bringing it up to set expectations for non-US and VZW Xoom owners.

Al.
-- 
Al Sutton - Funky Android Ltd.
(www.funkyandroid.com)

T: @alsutton  
G+: http://goo.gl/ymi9b

The views expressed in this email are those of the author and not necessarily those of Funky Android Limited, it's associates, or it's subsidiaries. 

On 10 Jul 2012, at 00:18, Chris Huston wrote:

Although, I don't have a nexus - I do have a xoom - so it is great to hear that you guys are going to be rolling out a JB update soon! Thanks!

PS. This is probably really early to say, but Samsung and Google said that they may release JB on the GS3 in Q4. Do you guys have JB in the works for this device; and if so, is it going to work with Verizon's version (sigh the only one with a locked bootloader)?

Thanks for the great work!


On Monday, July 9, 2012 4:56:11 PM UTC-6, Jean-Baptiste Queru wrote:
We're releasing Android 4.1 in AOSP today.

The name of the tagged release is android-4.1.1_r1.

The name of the development branch is jb-dev.

We recommend that you create new clients, even if you're working in
the master branch. It'll make your clients smaller and faster to sync.

Proprietary binaries are available for Nexus 7 and Galaxy Nexus. Nexus
S and Xoom will follow.

JBQ, on behalf of the entire Android team at Google.

--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
Technical Lead, Android Open Source Project, Google.

Questions sent directly to me that have no reason for being private
will likely get ignored or forwarded to a public forum with no further
warning.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the "Android Building" mailing list.
To post to this group, send email to android-...@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-buildi...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-building?hl=en

Re: [android-building] Android 4.1 in AOSP iceandfire 7/9/12 11:31 PM
@JBQ is it safe now to sync the source? Plus can you given me an idea on how big it is?

@Al Sutton is it possible to build JB on OS X Mountain Lion?

Thanks

Re: [android-building] Android 4.1 in AOSP iceandfire 7/9/12 11:32 PM
Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP iceandfire 7/9/12 11:50 PM
What is the size of the source for JB?

Is it possible to compile JB 4.1.1 on OS X Mountain Lion? 
Re: [android-building] Android 4.1 in AOSP Patrick Velder 7/10/12 12:21 AM
That are only drivers. There is no system image for GalaxyNexus. Where can i get it?
Regards,
p


Am Dienstag, 10. Juli 2012 01:56:31 UTC+2 schrieb Guillaume Parent:
Is there no ETA for the Nexus S binaries? Within the day/tomorrow or possibly later?

On Monday, July 9, 2012 7:51:38 PM UTC-4, Jean-Baptiste Queru wrote:
Binaries are available at their usual location
https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/drivers

JBQ

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 4:42 PM, Chandra Gopalaiah
<chandrap...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi JBQ,
> Where can download the binaries for Galaxy Nexus?
>
> Thanks,
> Chandra
>
>
>
> On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 4:37 PM, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
>>
>> I will - there are some small replication delays.
>>
>> JBQ
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 4:27 PM, Jeremy Schulte <adrj...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Will you give us the heads up as to when it is safe to sync?
>> >
>> >
>> > On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 4:19 PM, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com>
>> > wrote:
>> >>
>> >> On this list, there are no ETAs for OTAs, sorry.
>> >>
>> >> JBQ
>> >>
>> >> On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 4:10 PM, Carlos Silva <r3...@r3pek.org> wrote:
>> >> > On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 10:56 PM, Jean-Baptiste Queru
>> >> > <j...@android.com>
>> >> > wrote:
>> >> >>
>> >> >> We're releasing Android 4.1 in AOSP today.
>> >> >>
>> >> >> The name of the tagged release is android-4.1.1_r1.
>> >> >>
>> >> >> The name of the development branch is jb-dev.
>> >> >>
>> >> >> We recommend that you create new clients, even if you're working in
>> >> >> the master branch. It'll make your clients smaller and faster to
>> >> >> sync.
>> >> >>
>> >> >> Proprietary binaries are available for Nexus 7 and Galaxy Nexus.
>> >> >> Nexus
>> >> >> S and Xoom will follow.
>> >> >>
>> >> >> JBQ, on behalf of the entire Android team at Google.
>> >> >
>> >> >
>> >> > Congratulations to all the Android Team! :)
>> >> >
>> >> > btw, any info on OTAs for supported devices? (Nexus S, Galaxy Nexus
>> >> > and
>> >> > Xoom)
Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Gianni 7/10/12 8:58 AM
Congratulations, nice to hear that nexus s and xoom are following. 

I wish i could buy a Galaxy Nexus here in germany, is a sale through the play store planned in the new future? (If not i will buy it, overpriced though, somewhere else)

-- Gianni

On Tuesday, July 10, 2012 12:56:11 AM UTC+2, Jean-Baptiste Queru wrote:
We're releasing Android 4.1 in AOSP today.

The name of the tagged release is android-4.1.1_r1.

The name of the development branch is jb-dev.

We recommend that you create new clients, even if you're working in
the master branch. It'll make your clients smaller and faster to sync.

Proprietary binaries are available for Nexus 7 and Galaxy Nexus. Nexus
S and Xoom will follow.

JBQ, on behalf of the entire Android team at Google.

--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
Technical Lead, Android Open Source Project, Google.

Questions sent directly to me that have no reason for being private
will likely get ignored or forwarded to a public forum with no further
warning.
Re: [android-building] Android 4.1 in AOSP Ron M 7/10/12 9:35 AM
So syncing the Master branch should contain jb-dev plus additions?
Re: [android-building] Android 4.1 in AOSP Conley Owens 7/10/12 9:44 AM
Right.  "additions" being contributions that have come in through AOSP.
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Conley Owens 7/10/12 9:46 AM
Hi Sonny.  Building on Ubuntu 12.04 is currently only supported by the
master branch.

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 7:55 PM, mike c <mcorb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As a young budding coder, what is the difference between source and
> binaries?
>
Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Maciej Wilczyński 7/10/12 10:00 AM
Great work guys!

Anyway, is there anything new in 4.1.1? Does it fix any bugs from the first Jelly Bean release?

Best,
@Maciej Wilczyński
webDeWo.pl

On Tuesday, July 10, 2012 12:56:11 AM UTC+2, Jean-Baptiste Queru wrote:
We're releasing Android 4.1 in AOSP today.

The name of the tagged release is android-4.1.1_r1.

The name of the development branch is jb-dev.

We recommend that you create new clients, even if you're working in
the master branch. It'll make your clients smaller and faster to sync.

Proprietary binaries are available for Nexus 7 and Galaxy Nexus. Nexus
S and Xoom will follow.

JBQ, on behalf of the entire Android team at Google.

--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
Technical Lead, Android Open Source Project, Google.

Questions sent directly to me that have no reason for being private
will likely get ignored or forwarded to a public forum with no further
warning.
Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP DLang 7/10/12 10:21 AM
Are there any minimum system requirements for devices to run JB really?  I haven't found a recommended spec list, but maybe I just don't know where to look.


On Monday, July 9, 2012 5:56:11 PM UTC-5, Jean-Baptiste Queru wrote:
We're releasing Android 4.1 in AOSP today.

The name of the tagged release is android-4.1.1_r1.

The name of the development branch is jb-dev.

We recommend that you create new clients, even if you're working in
the master branch. It'll make your clients smaller and faster to sync.

Proprietary binaries are available for Nexus 7 and Galaxy Nexus. Nexus
S and Xoom will follow.

JBQ, on behalf of the entire Android team at Google.

--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
Technical Lead, Android Open Source Project, Google.

Questions sent directly to me that have no reason for being private
will likely get ignored or forwarded to a public forum with no further
warning.

Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Nitin Garg 7/10/12 11:55 AM
Don't worry,  probably network issue, I was able to sync today. Thanks,

Regards,
Nitin
Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP duanes 7/10/12 1:02 PM
At aosp, projects
  external/collada
  external/pcre
  external/wpa-supplicant
  frameworks/media/libvideoeditor
  packages/providers/GoogleContactsProvider

all have android-4.0.1_r1 tags but no jb-release branch or jb-dev branch.
An oversight?
Re: [android-building] Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/10/12 5:06 PM
To answer the specific question about Xoom, I confirm that things are
unchanged there, so we're still looking at the US variants (WiFi and
VZW), with the same set of proprietary binaries (and therefore the
same set of hardware functionality).

JBQ
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/10/12 5:22 PM
Those projects aren't used in Jelly Bean, so it's normal that there's
no matching tag.

JBQ
Re: [android-building] Android 4.1 in AOSP Ben Buchacher 7/9/12 10:37 PM
Has anything changed regarding compiling the kernel for the maguro?
Still same kernel branch?

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 10:29 PM, Al Sutton <a...@funkyandroid.com> wrote:
Re: [android-building] Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/10/12 5:24 PM
The mechanism to build the kernel is unchanged.

JBQ
Re: [android-building] Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/10/12 5:25 PM
Note: with everyone asking unrelated questions on the same thread,
this is becoming unmanageable. I'm going to reject most pending posts,
but I'll answer them in separate threads so that we can have
meaningful discussions. Thanks!

JBQ
Re: [android-building] Android 4.1 in AOSP Chandra 7/10/12 5:07 PM
+1

Thanks,
Chandra



On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 3:56 PM, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
We're releasing Android 4.1 in AOSP today.

The name of the tagged release is android-4.1.1_r1.

The name of the development branch is jb-dev.

We recommend that you create new clients, even if you're working in
the master branch. It'll make your clients smaller and faster to sync.

Proprietary binaries are available for Nexus 7 and Galaxy Nexus. Nexus
S and Xoom will follow.

JBQ, on behalf of the entire Android team at Google.

--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
Technical Lead, Android Open Source Project, Google.

Questions sent directly to me that have no reason for being private
will likely get ignored or forwarded to a public forum with no further
warning.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the "Android Building" mailing list.
To post to this group, send email to android-...@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-buildi...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-building?hl=en

Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/10/12 6:48 PM
Yes, 4.1.1 fixes a few bugs since the 4.1 preview that was distributed
at Google I/O. I don't have a full list available, sorry.

JBQ
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the "Android
> Building" mailing list.
> To post to this group, send email to android-...@googlegroups.com
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> android-buildi...@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/android-building?hl=en



Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/10/12 6:54 PM
I expect the system requirements to be published as part of the
Compatibility Definition Document, which isn't available yet for 4.1.

I'm not 100% sure as I'm not directly involved, but from my distant
seat it's likely to be largely unchanged from Ice Cream Sandwich.

JBQ
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the "Android
> Building" mailing list.
> To post to this group, send email to android-...@googlegroups.com
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> android-buildi...@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/android-building?hl=en



Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Al Sutton 7/10/12 10:42 PM
I've been told JB is slightly more memory/CPU efficient than ICS, so it seems a safe bet that the ICS requirements will be fine for JB.

Al.
-- 
Al Sutton - Funky Android Ltd.
(www.funkyandroid.com)

T: @alsutton  
G+: http://goo.gl/ymi9b

The views expressed in this email are those of the author and not necessarily those of Funky Android Limited, it's associates, or it's subsidiaries. 

Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP MaxJ04 7/11/12 9:26 AM
This is cool!
Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Sindhudweep Sarkar 7/11/12 8:58 PM
Where can I find the Compatibility Test Suite for Jelly Bean? It's not listed with the others. Should I continue to use 4.0.3 R3? Is there a draft version of the CDD available?

Thanks for all of your hardwork!
Re: [android-building] Android 4.1 in AOSP Kausik Sinnaswamy 7/12/12 3:24 AM
Hi JBQ
I suppose you would be announcing on this group when the binaries are available for NexusS. Please confirm.

Regards
/Kausik

On Tuesday, July 10, 2012 5:48:37 AM UTC+5:30, Jean-Baptiste Queru wrote:
Yes, in this case, it means "the OTAs".

I'm used to saying "consumer release" as it covers both the case of
OTAs and of devices being sold in stores.

JBQ

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 5:11 PM, mike c <mcorb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> does this mean we will see it when it gets pushed to OTA, or will it be out
> sooner? sorry, not sure what it all refers to when you say "consumer
> release", I mean of course for the cdma and gsm nexus s
>
>
> On Monday, 9 July 2012 17:58:26 UTC-6, Jean-Baptiste Queru wrote:
>>
>> The plan for Nexus S and Xoom binaries is to approximately match the
>> timing of the consumer release.
>>
>> JBQ
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 4:56 PM, Guillaume Parent <gpa...@gparent.org>
>> wrote:
>> > Is there no ETA for the Nexus S binaries? Within the day/tomorrow or
>> > possibly later?
>> >
>> >
>> > On Monday, July 9, 2012 7:51:38 PM UTC-4, Jean-Baptiste Queru wrote:
>> >>
>> >> Binaries are available at their usual location
>> >> https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/drivers
>> >>
>> >> JBQ
>> >>
>> >> On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 4:42 PM, Chandra Gopalaiah
>> >> <chandrap...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >> > Hi JBQ,
>> >> > Where can download the binaries for Galaxy Nexus?
>> >> >
>> >> > Thanks,
>> >> > Chandra
>> >> >
>> >> >
>> >> >
>> >> > On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 4:37 PM, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com>
>> >> > wrote:
>> >> >>
>> >> >> I will - there are some small replication delays.
>> >> >>
>> >> >> JBQ
>> >> >>
>> >> >> On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 4:27 PM, Jeremy Schulte <adrj...@gmail.com>
>> >> >> wrote:
>> >> >> > Will you give us the heads up as to when it is safe to sync?
>> >> >> >
>> >> >> >
>> >> >> > On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 4:19 PM, Jean-Baptiste Queru
>> >> >> > <j...@android.com>
>> >> >> > wrote:
>> >> >> >>
>> >> >> >> On this list, there are no ETAs for OTAs, sorry.
>> >> >> >>
>> >> >> >> JBQ
>> >> >> >>
>> >> >> >> On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 4:10 PM, Carlos Silva <r3...@r3pek.org>
>> >> >> >> wrote:
>> >> >> >> > On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 10:56 PM, Jean-Baptiste Queru
>> >> >> >> > <j...@android.com>
>> >> >> >> > wrote:
>> >> >> >> >>
>> >> >> >> >> We're releasing Android 4.1 in AOSP today.
>> >> >> >> >>
>> >> >> >> >> The name of the tagged release is android-4.1.1_r1.
>> >> >> >> >>
>> >> >> >> >> The name of the development branch is jb-dev.
>> >> >> >> >>
>> >> >> >> >> We recommend that you create new clients, even if you're
>> >> >> >> >> working
>> >> >> >> >> in
>> >> >> >> >> the master branch. It'll make your clients smaller and faster
>> >> >> >> >> to
>> >> >> >> >> sync.
>> >> >> >> >>
>> >> >> >> >> Proprietary binaries are available for Nexus 7 and Galaxy
>> >> >> >> >> Nexus.
>> >> >> >> >> Nexus
>> >> >> >> >> S and Xoom will follow.
>> >> >> >> >>
>> >> >> >> >> JBQ, on behalf of the entire Android team at Google.
>> >> >> >> >
>> >> >> >> >
>> >> >> >> > Congratulations to all the Android Team! :)
>> >> >> >> >
>> >> >> >> > btw, any info on OTAs for supported devices? (Nexus S, Galaxy
>> >> >> >> > Nexus
>> >> >> >> > and
>> >> >> >> > Xoom)
>> >> >> >> >
>> >> >> >> > --
>> >> >> >> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the
>> >> >> >> > "Android
>> >> >> >> > Building" mailing list.
>> >> >> >> > To post to this group, send email to
>> >> >> >> > android-...@googlegroups.com
>> >> >> >> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>> >> >> >> > android-buildi...@googlegroups.com
>> >> >> >> > For more options, visit this group at
>> >> >> >> > http://groups.google.com/group/android-building?hl=en
>> >> >> >>
>> >> >> >>
>> >> >> >>
>> >> >> >> --
>> >> >> >> Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
>> >> >> >> Technical Lead, Android Open Source Project, Google.
>> >> >> >>
>> >> >> >> Questions sent directly to me that have no reason for being
>> >> >> >> private
>> >> >> >> will likely get ignored or forwarded to a public forum with no
>> >> >> >> further
>> >> >> >> warning.
>> >> >> >>
>> >> >> >> --
>> >> >> >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the
>> >> >> >> "Android
>> >> >> >> Building" mailing list.
>> >> >> >> To post to this group, send email to
>> >> >> >> android-...@googlegroups.com
>> >> >> >> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>> >> >> >> android-buildi...@googlegroups.com
>> >> >> >> For more options, visit this group at
>> >> >> >> http://groups.google.com/group/android-building?hl=en
>> >> >> >
>> >> >> >
>> >> >> > --
>> >> >> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the
>> >> >> > "Android
>> >> >> > Building" mailing list.
>> >> >> > To post to this group, send email to
>> >> >> > android-...@googlegroups.com
>> >> >> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>> >> >> > android-buildi...@googlegroups.com
>> >> >> > For more options, visit this group at
>> >> >> > http://groups.google.com/group/android-building?hl=en
>> >> >>
>> >> >>
>> >> >>
>> >> >> --
>> >> >> Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
>> >> >> Technical Lead, Android Open Source Project, Google.
>> >> >>
>> >> >> Questions sent directly to me that have no reason for being private
>> >> >> will likely get ignored or forwarded to a public forum with no
>> >> >> further
>> >> >> warning.
>> >> >>
>> >> >> --
>> >> >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the "Android
>> >> >> Building" mailing list.
>> >> >> To post to this group, send email to
>> >> >> android-...@googlegroups.com
>> >> >> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>> >> >> android-buildi...@googlegroups.com
>> >> >> For more options, visit this group at
>> >> >> http://groups.google.com/group/android-building?hl=en
>> >> >
>> >> >
>> >> > --
>> >> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the "Android
>> >> > Building" mailing list.
>> >> > To post to this group, send email to
>> >> > android-...@googlegroups.com
>> >> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>> >> > android-buildi...@googlegroups.com
>> >> > For more options, visit this group at
>> >> > http://groups.google.com/group/android-building?hl=en
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> --
>> >> Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
>> >> Technical Lead, Android Open Source Project, Google.
>> >>
>> >> Questions sent directly to me that have no reason for being private
>> >> will likely get ignored or forwarded to a public forum with no further
>> >> warning.
>> >
>> > --
>> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the "Android
>> > Building" mailing list.
>> > To post to this group, send email to android-...@googlegroups.com
>> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>> > android-buildi...@googlegroups.com
>> > For more options, visit this group at
>> > http://groups.google.com/group/android-building?hl=en
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
>> Technical Lead, Android Open Source Project, Google.
>>
>> Questions sent directly to me that have no reason for being private
>> will likely get ignored or forwarded to a public forum with no further
>> warning.
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the "Android
> Building" mailing list.
> To post to this group, send email to android-...@googlegroups.com
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> android-buildi...@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/android-building?hl=en



--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
Technical Lead, Android Open Source Project, Google.

Questions sent directly to me that have no reason for being private
will likely get ignored or forwarded to a public forum with no further
warning.
Re: [android-building] Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/12/12 8:13 AM
Yes.

JBQ
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP David Rouleau 7/12/12 11:43 AM
not ideal but we do have fully functional device tree now :)



again not ideal but its possible to grab these and build aosp for toroplus with these files :)

On Monday, July 9, 2012 8:29:31 PM UTC-4, jamsterzak wrote:
So no word on Samsung releasing the toroplus?
Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP shankar Rathoud 7/13/12 5:06 AM
Hi Jean , 

Can you send me the link from where I could download the JB code .

Thanks 
Shankar  


On Tuesday, 10 July 2012 06:56:11 UTC+8, Jean-Baptiste Queru wrote:
We're releasing Android 4.1 in AOSP today.

The name of the tagged release is android-4.1.1_r1.

The name of the development branch is jb-dev.

We recommend that you create new clients, even if you're working in
the master branch. It'll make your clients smaller and faster to sync.

Proprietary binaries are available for Nexus 7 and Galaxy Nexus. Nexus
S and Xoom will follow.

JBQ, on behalf of the entire Android team at Google.

--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
Technical Lead, Android Open Source Project, Google.

Questions sent directly to me that have no reason for being private
will likely get ignored or forwarded to a public forum with no further
warning.
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/13/12 7:54 AM
Seriously? Please learn how to use a search engine.

https://source.android.com/source/initializing.html
https://source.android.com/source/downloading.html

JBQ
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the "Android
> Building" mailing list.
> To post to this group, send email to android-...@googlegroups.com
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> android-buildi...@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/android-building?hl=en



Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Howell Zhu 7/25/12 12:34 AM
Hi, 
I can not found tag 'android-4.1.1_r1' for project 'libcore' and 'dalvik'. Would you please tell me the reason?
Thank you very much!

在 2012年7月10日星期二UTC+8上午6时56分11秒,Jean-Baptiste Queru写道:
We're releasing Android 4.1 in AOSP today.

The name of the tagged release is android-4.1.1_r1.

The name of the development branch is jb-dev.

We recommend that you create new clients, even if you're working in
the master branch. It'll make your clients smaller and faster to sync.

Proprietary binaries are available for Nexus 7 and Galaxy Nexus. Nexus
S and Xoom will follow.

JBQ, on behalf of the entire Android team at Google.

--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
Technical Lead, Android Open Source Project, Google.

Questions sent directly to me that have no reason for being private
will likely get ignored or forwarded to a public forum with no further
warning.
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Magnus Bäck 7/25/12 8:08 AM
On Wednesday, July 25, 2012 at 03:34 EDT,
     Howell Zhu <howe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I can not found tag 'android-4.1.1_r1' for project 'libcore' and 'dalvik'.
> Would you please tell me the reason?

Are you fetching from the official location? Have you fetched recently?
The tag is there when I clone the git (below). What do you get if you
attempt the same thing?

$ git clone https://android.googlesource.com/platform/dalvik
Cloning into 'dalvik'...
remote: Counting objects: 255, done
remote: Counting objects: 67447, done
remote: Finding sources: 100% (2602/2602)
remote: Getting sizes: 100% (1427/1427)
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (815/815)
remote: Total 66797 (delta 43476), reused 66480 (delta 43360)
Receiving objects: 100% (66797/66797), 30.81 MiB | 5.20 MiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (43660/43660), done.
$ git tag | grep android-4.1.1_r1
android-4.1.1_r1
android-4.1.1_r1.1

--
Magnus Bäck
ba...@google.com
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Howell Zhu 7/25/12 6:37 PM
Hi, JBQ,

I sync my local git by repo tool. The repo was initialized without any branch option. I am sure I have sync it. In other gits I can see the tag android-4.1.1_r(1/2/3).

After got your reply, I try initialize another repo by branch option (-b android-4.1.1_r3) and I can see this tag in libcore and dalvik.

Now question is why this tag is not created in master repo? (Or I mis-understand the master repo?)

Thank you very much!

2012/7/25 Howell Zhu <howe...@gmail.com>

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the "Android Building" mailing list.
To post to this group, send email to android-...@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-buildi...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-building?hl=en



--
Best Regards!
------------------
Howell Zhu
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 7/27/12 9:04 AM
The master manifest doesn't use the same projects as 4.1.1, so the
4.1.1 tag doesn't appear in all the projects that are in the master
manifest.

JBQ
Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP Michael Brumlow 8/15/12 7:54 PM
There seems to be a lot missing compared to the Verizon version, what am I missing? 
More topics »