4.1.2 in AOSP

Showing 21-58 of 58 messages
4.1.2 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 10/9/12 9:43 AM
We're releasing Android 4.1.2 to AOSP today, which is a minor update
on top of 4.1.1.

As a note to maintainers of community builds running on Nexus 7:
please update to 4.1.2 at the first opportunity. Future variants of
the grouper hardware will have a minor change in one of the components
(the power management chip) that will not be compatible with 4.1.1.

The build number is JZO54K, and the tag is android-4.1.2_r1.

Enjoy,
Conley and JBQ

--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
Technical Lead, Android Open Source Project, Google.

warning.
Re: 4.1.2 in AOSP Mirko Mahlberg 10/9/12 10:07 AM
Will it be rolled out to the Galaxy Nexus?

Am Dienstag, 9. Oktober 2012 18:43:44 UTC+2 schrieb Jean-Baptiste Queru:
Re: 4.1.2 in AOSP Artem Russakovskii 10/9/12 10:10 AM
Hey JBQ,

Awesome news. Can you share some changes in 4.1.2 please?
Re: 4.1.2 in AOSP Jeff Felismino 10/9/12 10:11 AM
Will 4.1.2. be available for Galaxy Nexus?
Re: [android-building] 4.1.2 in AOSP Jeremy Schulte 10/9/12 10:12 AM

Does this mean we will see a new factory image for Grouper soon?

Re: [android-building] 4.1.2 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 10/9/12 10:13 AM
Availability of factory images will match the timing of the OTA to
retail devices, as usual.

JBQ
Re: [android-building] Re: 4.1.2 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 10/9/12 10:15 AM
This release contains the full git logs, as usual.

JBQ

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 10:01 AM, Arvid Gerstmann
<arvid.g...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Awesome! Any changelogs?
Re: [android-building] Re: 4.1.2 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 10/9/12 10:17 AM
I can't talk about future releases, sorry.

JBQ

Re: [android-building] Re: 4.1.2 in AOSP JF Dionne 10/9/12 10:17 AM

Thanks for the update!

But does that mean I bought my nexus 7 tablet too soon ?
Re: [android-building] Re: 4.1.2 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 10/9/12 10:17 AM
I'm sure someone will gather a full changelog from git once all the
replication completes.

JBQ

Re: [android-building] Re: 4.1.2 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 10/9/12 10:19 AM
The new chip is functionally identical to the old one, but requires
some bootloader and driver tweaks. You don't gain anything from it (if
anything, you lose the ability to run 4.1.1).

JBQ

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 10:17 AM, JF Dionne <jeanfra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the update!
>
> But does that mean I bought my nexus 7 tablet too soon ?

Re: 4.1.2 in AOSP rob0t 10/9/12 10:24 AM
any changes to address this problem?

"Nexus 7 slow when less than 3GB free "
Re: 4.1.2 in AOSP Paul Reioux 10/9/12 10:28 AM
Will kernel source follow soon?  (have been hitting F5 on the git :D )
Re: [android-building] Re: 4.1.2 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 10/9/12 10:30 AM
No, there's no specific time frame for future releases.

JBQ

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 10:19 AM, Jeff Felismino
<jeff.fel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> is there a specific time when the OTA for 4.1.2 will be released for all
> nexus devices?
>

> On Wednesday, October 10, 2012 12:43:44 AM UTC+8, Jean-Baptiste Queru wrote:
>>
>> We're releasing Android 4.1.2 to AOSP today, which is a minor update
>> on top of 4.1.1.
>>
>> As a note to maintainers of community builds running on Nexus 7:
>> please update to 4.1.2 at the first opportunity. Future variants of
>> the grouper hardware will have a minor change in one of the components
>> (the power management chip) that will not be compatible with 4.1.1.
>>
>> The build number is JZO54K, and the tag is android-4.1.2_r1.
>>
>> Enjoy,
>> Conley and JBQ
>>
>> --
>> Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
>> Technical Lead, Android Open Source Project, Google.
>>
>> Questions sent directly to me that have no reason for being private
>> will likely get ignored or forwarded to a public forum with no further
>> warning.

Re: [android-building] Re: 4.1.2 in AOSP Hendrik Smith 10/9/12 10:30 AM
Sry in advance im a newbie here.

You said new chip. Does that mean, that we'll see a new revision of Nexus 7 tablets with other chips?

Am Dienstag, 9. Oktober 2012 19:19:44 UTC+2 schrieb Jean-Baptiste Queru:
Re: [android-building] Re: 4.1.2 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 10/9/12 10:30 AM
I haven't been able to follow the exact change-by-change log of what
went into this release.

JBQ

Re: [android-building] Re: 4.1.2 in AOSP Al Sutton 10/9/12 10:31 AM
That is not, and has never been, something that the people on this list can provide an answer to.

Al.
--
Al Sutton - Funky Android Ltd.

T: @alsutton

The views expressed in this email are those of the author and not necessarily those of Funky Android Limited, it's associates, or it's subsidiaries.

On 9 Oct 2012, at 18:19, Jeff Felismino <jeff.fel...@gmail.com> wrote:

is there a specific time when the OTA for 4.1.2 will be released for all nexus devices?

On Wednesday, October 10, 2012 12:43:44 AM UTC+8, Jean-Baptiste Queru wrote:
We're releasing Android 4.1.2 to AOSP today, which is a minor update
on top of 4.1.1.

As a note to maintainers of community builds running on Nexus 7:
please update to 4.1.2 at the first opportunity. Future variants of
the grouper hardware will have a minor change in one of the components
(the power management chip) that will not be compatible with 4.1.1.

The build number is JZO54K, and the tag is android-4.1.2_r1.

Enjoy,
Conley and JBQ

--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
Technical Lead, Android Open Source Project, Google.

warning.

Re: [android-building] Re: 4.1.2 in AOSP Kush S 10/9/12 10:31 AM
error: revision android-4.1.2_r1 in manifests not found.

How long before we could try to sync?
Re: [android-building] Re: 4.1.2 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 10/9/12 10:32 AM
Soon. Typically, the end-to-end process for a push takes a bit more
than 1 hour, more if that's a complex release.

JBQ
Re: [android-building] Re: 4.1.2 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 10/9/12 10:33 AM
Kernel questions should really go to android-kernel, as that's where
the kernel experts live.

JBQ

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 10:28 AM, Paul Reioux <rei...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Will kernel source follow soon?  (have been hitting F5 on the git :D )

Re: [android-building] Re: 4.1.2 in AOSP Al Sutton 10/9/12 10:34 AM
I'll put up a change log once I've got a sync on my servers. Hopefully it should be in the next couple of hours, if not it may be tomorrow morning european time.

Al.
--
Al Sutton - Funky Android Ltd.
(www.funkyandroid.com)

T: @alsutton
G+: http://goo.gl/ymi9b

The views expressed in this email are those of the author and not necessarily those of Funky Android Limited, it's associates, or it's subsidiaries.

Re: 4.1.2 in AOSP Nikolay Nikolov 10/9/12 10:35 AM
When will the update be rolled out to the Galaxy Nexus, International version?
Re: [android-building] Re: 4.1.2 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 10/9/12 10:35 AM
There's a new revision coming indeed with a different power management
chip. It's functionally identical to the existing one, but requires a
new driver and bootloader that weren't part of 4.1.1.

JBQ
Re: [android-building] Re: 4.1.2 in AOSP Jeff Felismino 10/9/12 10:39 AM
Thanks Al & JBQ. It was a silly question for me to ask. Hope to see the changelog soon.. :)
Re: [android-building] Re: 4.1.2 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 10/9/12 10:41 AM
-As was mentioned several times in this thread already, I'm not
allowed to answer that question.

-Even if I was allowed to answer it, it's not precise enough anyway as
there are many versions of Galaxy Nexus.

JBQ

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Nikolay N. <niki...@gmail.com> wrote:
> When will the update be rolled out to the Galaxy Nexus, International
> version?

Re: 4.1.2 in AOSP Jeff Felismino 10/9/12 10:47 AM
JBQ will definitely inform us through this group if the factory image for 4.1.2 is out so let's just wait until that day comes.
We should also look forward for any upcoming Nexus devices since it might be running 4.1.2

On Wednesday, October 10, 2012 1:35:09 AM UTC+8, Nikolay N. wrote:
When will the update be rolled out to the Galaxy Nexus, International version?
Re: 4.1.2 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 10/9/12 11:13 AM
The replication to all the git servers has completed, feel free to
sync android-4.1.2_r1

JBQ

--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
Technical Lead, Android Open Source Project, Google.

warning.
Re: 4.1.2 in AOSP Matthd 10/9/12 11:27 AM
yeah, this would be nice to be fixed. Stinks paying for 16GB and only getting to use 9-10GB

On Tuesday, October 9, 2012 6:43:44 PM UTC+2, Jean-Baptiste Queru wrote:
We're releasing Android 4.1.2 to AOSP today, which is a minor update
on top of 4.1.1.

As a note to maintainers of community builds running on Nexus 7:
please update to 4.1.2 at the first opportunity. Future variants of
the grouper hardware will have a minor change in one of the components
(the power management chip) that will not be compatible with 4.1.1.

The build number is JZO54K, and the tag is android-4.1.2_r1.

Enjoy,
Conley and JBQ

--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
Technical Lead, Android Open Source Project, Google.

warning.
Re: [android-building] 4.1.2 in AOSP Al Sutton 10/9/12 12:01 PM
git log for Android 4.1.1_r6 (JRO03R) to Android 4.1.2_r1 (JZO54K) : http://www.funkyandroid.com/aosp-JRO03R-JZO54K.html
--
Al Sutton - Funky Android Ltd.
(www.funkyandroid.com)

T: @alsutton
G+: http://goo.gl/ymi9b

On 9 Oct 2012, at 18:17, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:

> I'm sure someone will gather a full changelog from git once all the
> replication completes.
>
> JBQ
>
> On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 10:10 AM, Artem Russakovskii <arch...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hey JBQ,
>>
>> Awesome news. Can you share some changes in 4.1.2 please?
>>

>> On Tuesday, October 9, 2012 9:43:44 AM UTC-7, Jean-Baptiste Queru wrote:
>>>
>>> We're releasing Android 4.1.2 to AOSP today, which is a minor update
>>> on top of 4.1.1.
>>>
>>> As a note to maintainers of community builds running on Nexus 7:
>>> please update to 4.1.2 at the first opportunity. Future variants of
>>> the grouper hardware will have a minor change in one of the components
>>> (the power management chip) that will not be compatible with 4.1.1.
>>>
>>> The build number is JZO54K, and the tag is android-4.1.2_r1.
>>>
>>> Enjoy,
>>> Conley and JBQ
>>>
>>> --
>>> Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
>>> Technical Lead, Android Open Source Project, Google.
>>>
>>> Questions sent directly to me that have no reason for being private
>>> will likely get ignored or forwarded to a public forum with no further
>>> warning.
>>
>> --

> Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
> Technical Lead, Android Open Source Project, Google.
>
> Questions sent directly to me that have no reason for being private
> will likely get ignored or forwarded to a public forum with no further
> warning.

Re: [android-building] 4.1.2 in AOSP Paulo Giron 10/9/12 8:33 PM
Hi Al Sutton !

I want to comment that this changelog isn't complete because it show differences between

JRO03R and JZO54K builds, but stock ROM for Nexus 7 is based on build JRO03D.

A good example of missing data is the commit responsible for enabling landscape on Nexus 7. You can see that the config "allow_rotation" is been setted to true on this commit: https://android.googlesource.com/platform/packages/apps/Launcher2/+/d7d37b134b7a3b12858ff099069eba369a6b5373%5E%21/#F0

Follows a more complete changelog:

To generate this changelog I used the command:
repo forall -pc git log --oneline --no-merges android-4.1.1_r1.1..android-4.1.2_r1
Re: 4.1.2 in AOSP Chia-Wei Li 10/9/12 10:29 PM
Tried to build from android-4.1.2_r1 but seem to have problems.
While building under cts/tools/tradefed-host,
some symbols are missing with prebuilt/common/tradefed/tradefed-prebuilt.jar,
is it already updated for building android-4.1.2_r1?

Chia-Wei Li

Jean-Baptiste Queru於 2012年10月10日星期三UTC+8上午2時13分20秒寫道:
Re: [android-building] 4.1.2 in AOSP Vishveshwar 10/9/12 11:15 PM
I noticed that the jb-release branch is not updated and a new branch jb-mr0-release is created for JB 4.1.2.

Any plans on updating the jb-release branch?

-Vishveshwar
Re: 4.1.2 in AOSP fattire 10/10/12 1:58 AM
A heads up-- don't try to run 4.1.2 with a kernel built with the old source as it won't boot past the "Google" bootloader screen.  I believe the reason is a change to fstab.grouper here:

Apparently adding "discard" to fstab stops the old kernel cold when it tries to mount, before it even gets to starting adbd.  Or at least it did for me.  If you're running into issues, try the prebuilt kernel or wait for updated kernel source to show up.

ft

On Tuesday, October 9, 2012 10:28:25 AM UTC-7, Paul Reioux wrote:
Will kernel source follow soon?  (have been hitting F5 on the git :D )
Re: [android-building] 4.1.2 in AOSP Jean-Baptiste Queru 10/10/12 7:24 AM
-The -release branches are implementation details, you should never be
using them directly. That's why there's no manifest for them.

-I'll update jb-release if there's a new release coming from it.

JBQ
Re: [android-building] 4.1.2 in AOSP Al Sutton 10/10/12 7:35 AM
At no point did I say that the change log I produced was for a specific device. The two revisions of the AOSP that it relates to are clearly shown.

As I've streamlined the process I have for generating change logs, and because you asked so nicely, here's one for JRO03D to JZO54K with hyperlinks to the projects and commits;

http://www.funkyandroid.com/aosp-JRO03D-JZO54K.html

Al.
--
Al Sutton - Funky Android Ltd.

T: @alsutton

The views expressed in this email are those of the author and not necessarily those of Funky Android Limited, it's associates, or it's subsidiaries.

Re: 4.1.2 in AOSP louis kurian 10/16/12 7:26 AM
Great news Jean. I own an 8GB variant. I am asking whether this update is available when I check for updates from tablet settings?
Thanks very much.
Re: 4.1.2 in AOSP Rama Velpuri 10/16/12 8:51 AM
I am curious to know does this 4.1.2 r1 fix the issue of framework.jar full crossing 65536 methods limit?
Re: 4.1.2 in AOSP Suneel Makkuva 10/16/12 9:20 AM
Expecting call recorder at least in next update... :(