Google Groups

[con][online] CyberCon 2 - Online Convention

RPG Host Aug 26, 2001 8:46 PM
Posted in group: rec.games.frp.announce

Greetings RPGer,

CyberCon, the acclaimed on-line role-playing convention, is back!
This all-out weekend of gaming, tournaments, guest speakers,
seminars, art shows, auctions, trivia, prizes, and more takes place
ONLINE during the weekend of Oct 19-21st, 2001. CyberCon 2
pre-scheduling is in process with GMs being accepted, tournaments
are posted and previous Con transcripts available now! CyberCon
is now a quarterly event!

Special Guests: Tracy Hickman (Dragonlance), Elaine Cunningham
(Forgoten Realms), Neal Hallford (Dungeon Seige).

We listened to your feedback and made many improvements - from site
navigation to the introduction of subject tracks:

SEMINARS:
- - General (any subject of interest to the role-player)
- - Player (topics on how to be a better player)
- - GM (be a better GM, helpful tools, tips & tricks)
- - Industry (how to get published, what to expect, what to do)
- - Internet (online gaming, computer RPGs, virtual table tools)

GAMES:
- - RPGA ( RPGA sectioned events and tournaments )
- - Open D&D ( alls sorts of D&D games and competition )
- - Other ( Sci-fi, anime, super hero, horror, and the like )
- - Indie / Small Press ( special game demos )
- - CCGs ( Magic the Gathering and Middle Earth Card game tournaments )
- - Trivia ( Dragonlace, Rules, Medieval, and Sci-Fi trivia with prizes
)

*** Now accepting GM applications online! ***

If you'd like to present a seminar or even run a game, please let us
know by emailing your interest to our Seminars and Events Coordinator:
James Mathe, cybe...@rpghost.com or our Games Coordinator: Loy Gross,
ef...@rpggateway.com  -- GM's should apply online.

You can find our new CyberCon site here:
   http://cybercon.rpghost.com
Your previous CyberCon badge ID should still work, though you'll have
to pay for this con. If you forgot your password there is a way to
have it mailed to you on the site.

We are advertising this con even more zealously than the last,
expecting the turnout to roughly double. October CyberCon will be
advertised in the October issue of Dungeon Magazine (about two and a
half weeks before the Con) and we hope to receive publicity from our
online partners - so let us know if you have any opportunities. If you
own a website and would like to place our banner on your site, we
can give you some free exposure in our banner exchange - see the
"Link to Us" section on the site.

Thanks for your time! We're looking forward to seeing you at
CyberCon II, October 19-21st, 2001! Signup and pre-pay today to get
first dibs on game registration! Group rates are available for groups
of 5 or more.

- - CyberCon Staff
http://cybercon.rpghost.com

P.S. The schedules on the site are still heavily under construction.
We expect another 50 games/events to be listed before we're done.