Google Groups

Re: [orientdb] Re: 1.0rc9 missing OSGi headers?

Lvc@ Mar 30, 2012 11:17 AM
Posted in group: OrientDB
Removed ;-)

On 30 March 2012 20:08, Luca Garulli <> wrote:
is it a problem if I leave it?

On 30 March 2012 19:55, Raman Gupta <> wrote:
I may have confused things!

You actually don't need the extra configuration on maven-jar-plugin or to maven-bundle-plugin that I described above if you have <packaging>bundle</packaging> (which you currently do). With packaging bundle I believe the maven-bundle-plugin takes care of building the jar so it does the right thing automatically.

I was just providing an alternate mechanism if and only if you wanted to keep packaging type = jar as many projects seem to want to do (which would be the case if you have other configuration on maven-jar-plugin, for example).

Sorry for the confusion!

On Friday, March 30, 2012 11:43:59 AM UTC-4, Lvc@ wrote:
Fixed in SVN trunk as r5109.

On 30 March 2012 09:50, Raman Gupta <> wrote:
The MANIFEST.MF bit is required to pull in the manifest as generated by the bundle plugin. Otherwise the bundle plugin will create the OSGi-compliant manifest, but the jar plugin won't add it into the jar.

On Friday, March 30, 2012 3:11:41 AM UTC-4, Lvc@ wrote:
is the "MANIFEST.MF" section required to have a fully compliant OSGi bundle or it's the default one?

On 30 March 2012 04:16, Raman Gupta <> wrote:
Just FYI, for creating bundles from maven using the maven-bundle-plugin, you can simply change the packaging type to "bundle" as Gabriel suggests below, OR you can keep the packaging type as jar but add

to the plugin configuration AND

to the maven-jar-plugin configuration.

On Wednesday, March 28, 2012 4:33:36 AM UTC-4, Gabriel Vince wrote:

I am not a commiterm but seems there is a change needed, Luc@ or others, could you help please:

seems in the pom.xml for projects, a following change is needed to generate the OSGi header:
from : <packaging>jar</packaging>
to:     <packaging>bundle</packaging>

Op woensdag 28 maart 2012 10:17:45 UTC+2 schreef Gabriel Vince het volgende:

Indeed, version 1.0-SNAPSHOT as well, seems POMs has been changed

btw - of you are using OSGi deployment - maybe you could have an advice:
I bundle the OrientDB client libraries into one separate librarym because our OSGi container (Apache Karaf) looses class annotations (@Entity) when the libraries are separated - do you have the same issue or I do something wrong?

Op dinsdag 27 maart 2012 20:00:06 UTC+2 schreef Raman Gupta het volgende:
The 1.0rc9 snapshot I just downloaded from Maven seems to be missing the OSGi headers. Packaging error?

VIVO Systems