Google Groups

Re: [orientdb] Re: 1.0rc9 missing OSGi headers?

Lvc@ Mar 30, 2012 11:17 AM
Posted in group: OrientDB
Removed ;-)

Lvc@

On 30 March 2012 20:08, Luca Garulli <l.ga...@gmail.com> wrote:
Ok,
is it a problem if I leave it?

Lvc@

On 30 March 2012 19:55, Raman Gupta <rocke...@gmail.com> wrote:
I may have confused things!

You actually don't need the extra configuration on maven-jar-plugin or to maven-bundle-plugin that I described above if you have <packaging>bundle</packaging> (which you currently do). With packaging bundle I believe the maven-bundle-plugin takes care of building the jar so it does the right thing automatically.

I was just providing an alternate mechanism if and only if you wanted to keep packaging type = jar as many projects seem to want to do (which would be the case if you have other configuration on maven-jar-plugin, for example).

Sorry for the confusion!

Regards,
Raman

On Friday, March 30, 2012 11:43:59 AM UTC-4, Lvc@ wrote:
Fixed in SVN trunk as r5109.

Thanks!
Lvc@

On 30 March 2012 09:50, Raman Gupta <rocke...@gmail.com> wrote:
The MANIFEST.MF bit is required to pull in the manifest as generated by the bundle plugin. Otherwise the bundle plugin will create the OSGi-compliant manifest, but the jar plugin won't add it into the jar.

On Friday, March 30, 2012 3:11:41 AM UTC-4, Lvc@ wrote:
Hi,
is the "MANIFEST.MF" section required to have a fully compliant OSGi bundle or it's the default one?

Lvc@

On 30 March 2012 04:16, Raman Gupta <rocke...@gmail.com> wrote:
Just FYI, for creating bundles from maven using the maven-bundle-plugin, you can simply change the packaging type to "bundle" as Gabriel suggests below, OR you can keep the packaging type as jar but add

        <executions>
          <execution>
            <id>bundle-manifest</id>
            <phase>process-classes</phase>
            <goals>
              <goal>manifest</goal>
            </goals>
          </execution>
        </executions>

to the plugin configuration AND

        <configuration>
          <archive>
            <manifestFile>${project.build.outputDirectory}/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF</manifestFile>
          </archive>
        </configuration>

to the maven-jar-plugin configuration.

Regards,
Raman

On Wednesday, March 28, 2012 4:33:36 AM UTC-4, Gabriel Vince wrote:
Hello,

I am not a commiterm but seems there is a change needed, Luc@ or others, could you help please:

seems in the pom.xml for projects, a following change is needed to generate the OSGi header:
from : <packaging>jar</packaging>
to:     <packaging>bundle</packaging>

Gabriel

Op woensdag 28 maart 2012 10:17:45 UTC+2 schreef Gabriel Vince het volgende:
Hello,

Indeed, version 1.0-SNAPSHOT as well, seems POMs has been changed

Gabriel

btw - of you are using OSGi deployment - maybe you could have an advice:
I bundle the OrientDB client libraries into one separate librarym because our OSGi container (Apache Karaf) looses class annotations (@Entity) when the libraries are separated - do you have the same issue or I do something wrong?

Gabriel

Op dinsdag 27 maart 2012 20:00:06 UTC+2 schreef Raman Gupta het volgende:
The 1.0rc9 snapshot I just downloaded from Maven seems to be missing the OSGi headers. Packaging error?

Regards,
Raman
Principal
VIVO Systems