Google Groups

Re: Does OCRopus still use Tesseract for line recognition and...

Tom Sep 17, 2009 9:19 PM
Posted in group: ocropus
On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 04:15, patrickq <patrick.q...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just started using TesseractExtractResult() with Tesseract version
> 3.0, an API described in the header file as being part of the "OCRopus
> add-on" but as far as I can tell, it is using the same training data
> as Tesseract (eng.traineddata) and appears to use Tesseract. Yet you
> seem to say that OCRopus is not using Tesseract - please clarify.

The OCRopus line recognition command is "ocropus lines2fsts"; by
default, it uses the line recognizer defined in ocr-line, which has
nothing to do with Tesseract.  OCRopus doesn't even link with
Tesseract by default anymore.

After the beta release, we hope to restore Tesseract as an optional
line recognizer as a plug-in (since OCRopus now supports plugins).

Tom