Google Groups

Fwd: LibDevConX^3: @ Stanford, March 26 - 28, 2012

Tom Cramer Feb 9, 2012 3:26 PM
Posted in group: Hydra-Tech
Hydra Partners,

This can be an agenda item on tomorrow's monthly Partner call, but if you are planning to come to Stanford for the March 28 - 30, 2012 Hydra Partner meeting, you may be interested in LibDevConX^3, which will happen the M-W before Hydra Partners starts. While Hydra Partners focuses on Hydra technical and community development, LDCX is more open (in terms of topics), more technical, and more "hands on".

This will be the 3rd LDCX we've held; they tend to be about the same size or larger than a Partners meeting. If you're interested in participating, let me know.

- Tom

Begin forwarded message:

From: Tom Cramer <tcr...@stanford.edu>
Date: February 9, 2012 11:38:42 AM PST
Cc: Tom Cramer <tcr...@stanford.edu>
Subject: LibDevConX^3: @ Stanford, March 26 - 28, 2012

Fellow travellers,

This year we will be holding another LibDevConX at Stanford from Monday - Wednesday, March 26 - 28, 2012 at Stanford. (Note that there will be separate but related Hydra Partners meeting from Wednesday, March 28 - Friday, March 30 at Stanford the same week.)

Similar to last year, LibDevConX^3 will be an opportunity for some of the world's most excellent (dare I say dangerous!) developers and technologists in the digital library arena to gather together for three days, work common problems, find joint solutions and mutually benefit from the cross-pollination of joint action.

As before, the exact agenda and contents of the event will be determined by the experts who participate. We do expect certain themes to be prevalent this year, though.

- Integration across frameworks in the library technologies (e.g., microservices, Drupal & Hydra)
- Deep dives into current & future Hydra, solr, Fedora, and Blacklight functionalities
- Successful patterns for tackling common priorities: discovery, media delivery, finding aids, workflow, etc.
- Best practices, methods & tools in software development, especially for OSS
A number of you have already indicated your plans to attend in person, or to send new representatives from your institutions. We expect a group of 20 - 40 to participate; this is a sweet spot that enables the benefits of intensive collaboration while keeping the meeting overhead low. (There is no cost to attend.)

As with previous years, our local accommodations committee stands ready to help friends find economical lodging, and has promised robust and lively entertainment for our out of town guests on the shoulders of the event (Sun & Weds nights), and during evenings.

Please let us know if you're able to attend by replying to this message or emailing ldcx-p...@lists.stanford.edu, and if you need any help in coordinating local logistics. Also, if you'd like to recommend new attendees to invite to this year's LDCX, I'd love to hear about them.

Very much looking forward to it,

- Tom