Google Groups

Re: Linux 2.6.17-rc2

Linus Torvalds Apr 21, 2006 10:59 AM
Posted in group: fa.linux.kernel

I got slashdotted! Yay!

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> I claim that Mach people (and apparently FreeBSD) are incompetent idiots.

I also claim that Slashdot people usually are smelly and eat their
boogers, and have an IQ slightly lower than my daughters pet hamster
(that's "hamster" without a "p", btw, for any slashdot posters out
there. Try to follow me, ok?).

Furthermore, I claim that anybody that hasn't noticed by now that I'm an
opinionated bastard, and that "impolite" is my middle name, is lacking a
few clues.

Finally, it's clear that I'm not only the smartest person around, I'm also
incredibly good-looking, and that my infallible charm is also second only
to my becoming modesty.

So there. Just to clarify.

                Linus "bow down before me, you scum" Torvalds
the body of a message to
More majordomo info at
Please read the FAQ at