Google Groups

Comment Profile Thumbnail Size Issue

Prayag Verma Jul 29, 2012 3:12 AM
Posted in group: Blogger Developer Group
While checking my blog's Page Load Speed using the Google's PageSpeed Tool I was getting a advice to Serve Scaled Images

The images in question were the Profile Pics of the people who commented on that post

After a bit of research I found that the image being served were of s512 size and single image's size were going as high as 200KB. Then these images were being scaled down to around 45X45 level , so there was a massive waste of bandwidth to load a resource as well as inconvenience caused to the readers in terms of Slow Load Times

I found this was only happening with profiles that were integrated with Google+ . Profiles not yet integrated with Google+ still served the s45 version of the profile image

I request the Blogger Team to look into this matter and lower down the size of the Profile Pics

Here is the post that I checked : http://www.stylifyyourblog.com/2012/06/simple-css3-powered-ad-banner.html

and Here is the Serve Scaled Image Suggestion in Google PageSpeed : https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights#url=http_3A_2F_2Fwww.stylifyyourblog.com_2F2012_2F06_2Fsimple-css3-powered-ad-banner.html&mobile=false&rule=ServeScaledImages

The first image being suggested to be scaled down is around 200KB+ alone