Google Groups

12.10 <swears like a sailor>

Ric Moore Nov 25, 2012 2:20 AM
Posted in group: Sounder
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Since I couldn't figure out how to fix all the shit and errors in my apt
sources, I just decided to upgrade the entire SOB to ditch all the errors.

Of course, I found myself dinking with Unity on first boot. Of course an
upgrade in NOT my usual. Kinda like Dos Equis, I prefer a clean install.

So, it was all fucked up ...as in SCARY fucked up. I wanted to
update/install my nvidia drivers, so I opened the dash and typed
"drivers". IT DISPLAYED GOLF CLUBS on sale at Amazon! Liam, you are
right. There is no God. Then, it wouldn't open Synaptic with the root
password panel, so it didn't work at all to apply anything. I KNEW to
open it with a terminal and sudo, but what newbie would??

So, I installed XFCE and got my old desktop back. WHEW!!! Now to get my
nvidia drivers installed. Then java from the ppa. I need a drink. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html