Google Groups

"Ms." means "Miss"

Perchprism Apr 26, 1999 12:00 AM
Posted in group: alt.usage.english
Skitt wrote:
>From: "Skitt" <sk...@i.am>
>Date: 4/26/99 5:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time
>

>Perchprism <perch...@aol.com> wrote in message
>
>> This group will either drive you not care or drive you to excrutiating
>> self-conciousness or drive you to seek a convention and stick to it,
>eh?
>
>Tee-hee. I hope you take your slipups better than I do mine.

You've entered my vocabulary: Skitt's Law, a corollary of Murphy's Law,
variously expressed as "any post correcting an error in  another post will
contain at least one error itself" or "the likelihood of an error in a post is
directly proportional to the embarrassment it will cause the poster." The
effect is, of course, magnified a hundredfold if the post is in reply to Skitt
himself.

Perchprism
(Southern New Jersey, near Philadelphia, USA)