Re: [zines aus] Digest for zine...@googlegroups.com - 1 Message in 1 Topic

Showing 1-1 of 1 messages
Re: [zines aus] Digest for zine...@googlegroups.com - 1 Message in 1 Topic Lady Betty 8/26/12 5:21 PM
Hats off to Luke! Bravo. And cheers to the vigorous discussion and "not taking it lying down" everyone.
With respect
lady betty

Sent from Samsung Mobile

zine...@googlegroups.com wrote:

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/zines-aus/topics

    Luke Sinclair <tracing...@yahoo.com.au> Aug 25 09:35PM -0700

    Hi everyone,

    I just got off the phone with the National Young Writers Festival.  After polite discussions they have come up with the money to fund 52 half tressle table zine stalls at the This Is Not Art Zine Fair this year.  The stalls will be offered for free.  So a big thank you to all those people who spoke up and said that $45 zine stalls were not good enough.  And a massive thank you goes out to all those people who offered to put up money to fund the massive free zine stall - your money is no longer required - but the massive free zine stall lives on in all our minds.

    TINA will put out an announcement hopefully this week.

    Luke Sinclair/Sticky.

    From: Simon Gray <yummyl...@gmail.com>
    To: zine...@googlegroups.com
    Sent: Friday, 24 August 2012 5:31 PM
    Subject: [zines aus] 1 HOT Topic

    I want to reiterate that buying up all the TINA tables, as reckless a gesture as it is, besides meaning Luke rocks like he always does, it also sends a message to TINA that the zine community wants their zine fair handled a certain way & we're willing to commit to a reckless gesture to ensure that future zine fairs will be handled better,  even including consultation with & organisation by the community it alleges to be intended for.

    & To book a table at the October 7 Format Festival zine fair, e-mail me off list, include a description of what your selling, so you sarcastic crafty owl types can identify yourselves & then wait for real zinesters to cancel & I'll start taking down names.

    Ta
    Simon Gray
    Format Zine Shop
    http://goldenstapler.tumblr.com/

    P.S. I made a nice FB Event for y'all who need it here:
    http://www.facebook.com/events/424187974299465/

    -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Australian Zines and Small Press" group.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group zines-aus.
You can post via email.
To unsubscribe from this group, send an empty message.
For more options, visit this group.