question

Showing 1-6 of 6 messages
question Fariba Noori 5/13/12 11:53 PM
Hi
I'm intrested in this language. I visit you'r website and I have some
question. I hope you would answer me.
1. In which domain we can use Zimbu?(for example in science,artifitial
intelligence, bussiness , web? )
2. Does Zimbu do type checking? And if yes, how?

I need to your explanation for my project.Please reply me as soon as possible.
Thanks a lot.
Re: question Bram Moolenaar 5/14/12 2:30 PM

Fariba Noori wrote:

> I'm intrested in this language. I visit you'r website and I have some
> question. I hope you would answer me.
> 1. In which domain we can use Zimbu?(for example in science,artifitial
> intelligence, bussiness , web? )

Everywhere.  I am trying to make it useful for a very wide audience.  At
least where C and Java programs are useful (perhaps not the lowest level
C programs where you must manually manage memory and squeeze every byte
out of the computer).

> 2. Does Zimbu do type checking? And if yes, how?

Yes, mostly like Java, but using type inference to reduce the need of
explicitly specifying types where it is already obvious from the context.

> I need to your explanation for my project.Please reply me as soon as
> possible.  Thanks a lot.

I wonder what your project is...

--
SUPERIMPOSE "England AD 787".  After a few more seconds we hear hoofbeats in
the distance.  They come slowly closer.  Then out of the mist comes KING
ARTHUR followed by a SERVANT who is banging two half coconuts together.
                 "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" PYTHON (MONTY) PICTURES LTD

 /// Bram Moolenaar -- Bram@Moolenaar.net -- http://www.Moolenaar.net   \\\
///        sponsor Vim, vote for features -- http://www.Vim.org/sponsor/ \\\
\\\  an exciting new programming language -- http://www.Zimbu.org        ///
 \\\            help me help AIDS victims -- http://ICCF-Holland.org    ///
Re: question Fariba Noori 5/15/12 12:15 PM
Hi
Thanks for email. I know that you are busy but u answer me. It shows
that it is important to you to develop this good language. I think
zimbu would be one of the most popular languages.
Actually I have a course about design and implementation languages
this term. My teacher gave us a project that we have to research about
new languages.My project is Zimbu. I also have to write a program with
Zimbu and compile and run it. But unfortunately I couldn't download
it's compiler. I will be glad if you would help me on this.
Thanks a lot.
Re: question Fariba Noori 5/15/12 12:15 PM
Re: question Bram Moolenaar 5/16/12 10:31 AM
The instructions for installing the compiler are here:
http://www.zimbu.org/getting-started

It also has a "try out your code" section to get you started.

--
"I've been teaching myself to play the piano for about 5 years and now write
most of my songs on it, mainly because I can never find any paper."
                Jeff Lynne, ELO's greatest hits
Re: question Fariba Noori 5/21/12 12:36 AM
On 5/16/12, Bram Moolenaar <Br...@moolenaar.net> wrote:
>
> Fariba Noori wrote:
>
>> Thanks for email. I know that you are busy but u answer me. It shows
>> that it is important to you to develop this good language. I think
>> zimbu would be one of the most popular languages.
>> Actually I have a course about design and implementation languages
>> this term. My teacher gave us a project that we have to research about
>> new languages.My project is Zimbu. I also have to write a program with
>> Zimbu and compile and run it. But unfortunately I couldn't download
>> it's compiler. I will be glad if you would help me on this.
>> Thanks a lot.
>
> The instructions for installing the compiler are here:
> http://www.zimbu.org/getting-started
>
> It also has a "try out your code" section to get you started.


Hello
 I read your site and download the things that was needed but now I
can not do with it. If you can help me please thanks.
 Please do not tell. Directed in the South. I did nothing of the site
and a compiler for a simple program that I'm engaged but I could not
run it
 Please help me.