IMPORTANT: Upcoming ClientLogin failures for unlinked YouTube accounts

Showing 1-2 of 2 messages
IMPORTANT: Upcoming ClientLogin failures for unlinked YouTube accounts Jeffrey Posnick 3/30/11 10:35 AM
Hello,

 I wanted to direct everyone's attention to a recent blog post,
"ClientLogin #FAIL":

  http://apiblog.youtube.com/2011/03/clientlogin-fail.html

The post covers a variety of issues that come up when using
ClientLogin, and makes one important announcement ("Scenario 1" in the
post) that I wanted to reiterate separately so that no one misses it.

 Starting towards the end of April, attempts to use ClientLogin
authentication with a YouTube account that is not linked to a Google
Account will start failing. Once this change is in place, linking a
Google Account to an existing YouTube account is the only way to
continue using that YouTube account to authenticate with the YouTube
API.

 There is more background on YouTube/Google account linking in this
blog post:

  http://youtube-global.blogspot.com/2011/03/why-connecting-your-youtube-and-google.html

 Please don't let this change catch you or your users off guard!

Cheers,
-Jeff Posnick, YouTube API Team
~ YouTube is hiring! ~ http://google.com/jobs/workyoutube ~
Re: IMPORTANT: Upcoming ClientLogin failures for unlinked YouTube accounts Jeffrey Posnick 4/18/11 8:09 AM
The end of April is quickly approaching, so I wanted to send out
another reminder: ClientLogin requests involving YouTube accounts that
are not linked to Google Accounts will soon start failing. Please see
the message below for more details.