Re: youtube upload widget

Showing 1-4 of 4 messages
Re: youtube upload widget Jeffrey Posnick 9/10/12 1:07 PM
Hello,

 No, that's very much not what the intended use case is for the upload widget. This blog post has more details about best practices around that sort of thing:

Cheers,
-Jeff Posnick, YouTube API Team
YouTube Developer Relations is hiring! developers.google.com/jobs

On Monday, September 10, 2012 6:25:39 AM UTC-4, doggystash wrote:
Hi,

Is there a way that the "Youtube Upload Widget" uploads all of visitors videos to one main account and unlisted?
Been trying to google and search for this process but sadly with no avail.

Thank you very much!

Re: youtube upload widget doggystash 9/11/12 10:53 PM
Ah I see, thank you for the reply :)

I'm actually making a flash application that needs to record, preview and directly submit to youtube.

Is this possible by using youtube data api?

I just bumped in to the youtube upload widget in finding ways.

Thanks!
Re: youtube upload widget doggystash 9/11/12 11:04 PM
Basically creating my own webcam record like in the widget.
Re: youtube upload widget Jeffrey Posnick 9/12/12 2:21 PM
Hello,

 You'd probably have to run your own instance of the Flash Media Server (http://www.adobe.com/products/flash-media-server-family.html), and then have webcams stream to that. And at that point, upload from your server to YouTube. That's not the sort of setup we can help with, though. And again, I'd recommend against letting arbitrary users upload into your account for all the reasons mentioned in that blog post.