When setting a video to private, can one also set the allowed viewers through the API?

Showing 1-2 of 2 messages
When setting a video to private, can one also set the allowed viewers through the API? Dan Edwards 5/30/12 10:53 AM

I know that controlling a video's privacy setting (public, private, unlisted) is done through setting the yt:private or yt:accessControl tags. However with a YouTube video, when it is set to private the access to the video can be allowed through a list of email addresses or YouTube usernames.

This is the section I am talking about in the YouTube video editor itself:

Is there a way to set this 'allowed list' through the API?

Re: When setting a video to private, can one also set the allowed viewers through the API? Jeffrey Posnick 5/30/12 12:19 PM
Hello Dan,

 There is not, unfortunately, and I don't believe that specific
functionality will be added.

Cheers,
-Jeff Posnick, YouTube API Team
groups.google.com/group/youtube-api-gdata | apiblog.youtube.com |
@YouTubeDev