FF17 Issue finding elements with workaround (deleted other thread)

Showing 1-10 of 10 messages
FF17 Issue finding elements with workaround (deleted other thread) James 11/21/12 6:50 PM
There is currently an issue calling findElement from a WebElement.  If the By clause would return no values in FF17 your session will hang.

Example: webElement.findElement(By.cssSelector("a")); or webElement.findElement(By.tagName("a"));

I worked around this by using jquery to verify that there was a matching child and returning that.  I think you could check this using just javascript though.  Hopefully this helps someone

Additionally in FF17 isSelected will also hang.
Re: [webdriver] FF17 Issue finding elements with workaround (deleted other thread) Debabrata 11/21/12 8:44 PM
Which version selenium you are using?

Thanks,
Debabrata

Debabrata
Re: [webdriver] FF17 Issue finding elements with workaround (deleted other thread) klucha.leniwa 11/22/12 4:12 AM
I am having the same problem. I am using webdriver with python (selenium version 2.26.0)
Re: [webdriver] FF17 Issue finding elements with workaround (deleted other thread) Julio García 11/22/12 7:00 AM
I have the same problem. Using both versions 2.25.0 and 2.26.0 with FF17, installing selenium for python with pip in a Ubuntu Precise.

I have downgraded FF to 11 version from the main repository and know all my tests are back to work.

Hope it can help.
Re: [webdriver] FF17 Issue finding elements with workaround (deleted other thread) James 11/22/12 1:07 PM
2.26.

I investigated more last night and it looks like findElement doesn't work in a number of different circumstances.

But, using getElements().get(0) will work, as long as you check for null.  I have everything working now apart from isSelected.
Re: FF17 Issue finding elements with workaround (deleted other thread) darrell 11/23/12 8:20 AM
This example would have undefined results, always. If findElement is an answer to a question, your question is ambiguous. The findElement method returns THE match. You are asking it for ANY match. If there is only one anchor on the entire page it might work. However, if the size of findElements is greater than 1, using findElement will have undefined results.

An undefined result means it is valid to work all the time, work some of the time, format your hard drive, never work, cause your automation to lock up. These and many more are all proper responses to ambiguous requests.

Darrell
Re: FF17 Issue finding elements with workaround (deleted other thread) Alexei Barantsev 11/24/12 10:18 AM
This issue was fixed by r18184, the fix should be available in the next release (2.27)

Regards,
--
Alexei Barantsev
Software-Testing.Ru

Darrell,
I'm really not sure what your referring to.
Re: FF17 Issue finding elements with workaround (deleted other thread) Damien Coraboeuf 11/26/12 3:19 AM
Great news. Do you when the 2.27 will be available?
Re: FF17 Issue finding elements with workaround (deleted other thread) Jeff Cook 11/29/12 6:07 AM
I'd like to know this too; this seems like a pretty important fix to get out there. Is there some document on the Selenium release schedule to which we can refer?