Wake On Lan

Showing 1-7 of 7 messages
Wake On Lan Maleki 5/22/12 11:41 PM
Is there any built in support for wake on lan?  I see you can set a cronjob to shutdown a system but I didn't see any packages installed for wake on lan.

Arian
Re: [webc] Wake On Lan Phillip Smith 5/22/12 11:46 PM
On 23 May 2012 16:41, Maleki <ahma...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is there any built in support for wake on lan?  I see you can set a cronjob to shutdown a system but I didn't see any packages installed for wake on lan.

Wake-on-LAN is a function of the motherboard / NIC.... It has nothing to do with the Operating System.

Or am I not understanding your query properly?
Re: [webc] Wake On Lan Maleki 5/23/12 12:10 AM
My understanding from what I have read is that it is a combination of hardware and software.  Linux requires a package called ethertool.

Arian

Re: [webc] Wake On Lan Phillip Smith 5/23/12 12:11 AM
On 23 May 2012 17:10, Maleki <ahma...@gmail.com> wrote:
My understanding from what I have read is that it is a combination of hardware and software.  Linux requires a package called ethertool.

That is to send the WoL packets to the computers that you want to wake up... You want to wake up other computers from a WC host?
Re: [webc] Wake On Lan Kai Hendry 5/23/12 10:10 AM
Hi guys,

We just had a little internal discussion and we will aim to support
this in the release after the one I hope to make on Friday.

Any additional helpful comments should go on
https://github.com/Webconverger/webc/issues/40

Many thanks,
Re: [webc] Wake On Lan Kai Hendry 7/23/12 11:03 AM
Hey guys,

If you could please test http://build.webconverger.org/latest.iso for
Wake-on-LAN support via the MagicPacket method, it would be great.

Relevant bit that activates it:
https://github.com/Webconverger/webc/blob/master/etc/network/interfaces#L9

Many thanks,
Re: [webc] Wake On Lan Kai Hendry 7/31/12 8:09 AM
Hi guys,

You might be interested in a recent blog I did about my experiences
with Wake-on-LAN:
http://webconverger.org/blog/entry/Wake-on-LAN/

Be great to get your comments here!