Send emails using my own domain

Showing 1-8 of 8 messages
Send emails using my own domain Hassan Alnatour 10/8/12 4:40 AM
Dear ALL,

i want to add my email in the db.py to use it to send email from the site , how can i make it using my own domain not gmail ?

Best Regards,
Re: Send emails using my own domain LightDot 10/8/12 9:22 AM
Well, if your domain is hosted somewhere, the provider usually gives you access to a mail server too. The access information needed is pretty obvious, username and password, same as you need for regular SMTP access.

Regards,
Ales
Re: Send emails using my own domain Massimo Di Pierro 10/8/12 10:00 AM
On Linux, if you have postfix, you can just spoof your domain:

mail.settings.sender = 'y...@anywhere.com
mail.settings.server = 'localhost'
mail.settings.login = None
Re: Send emails using my own domain lyn2py 10/9/12 4:18 AM
I have postfix installed and followed Massimo's instructions, which are:
mail.settings.sender = 'y...@anywhere.com'
mail.settings.server = 'localhost'
mail.settings.login = None

But the system doesn't send email? (I tested using Lost Password / Reset Password feature) It says "Email Sent." but I checked my mailbox, and nothing. ???Puzzled???

The Postfix setup seems simple enough:
Internet Site, and then, anywhere.com

If it helps, I'm on Ubuntu 12 + nginx + uwsgi.

Appreciate any assistance or pointers on how to make it work. Thanks!
Re: Send emails using my own domain David Marko 10/9/12 5:07 AM
Do you see any error message in web2py or it seems like it has been sent out but you cant see message delivered? You should definitely look into postfix log ...

David

Dne úterý, 9. října 2012 13:18:29 UTC+2 lyn2py napsal(a):
Re: Send emails using my own domain lyn2py 10/9/12 5:58 AM
Thanks David. I managed to fix it!
Re: [web2py] Re: Send emails using my own domain Hassan Alnatour 10/9/12 6:00 AM
Dear lyn2py,

Can you tell us how did you fix it ?

Regards,

--

Re: [web2py] Re: Send emails using my own domain lyn2py 10/9/12 6:28 AM
I was on a new install, and I did a lot of "testing" on it. I might have unknowingly changed some settings. I simply wiped it out with a new install and it worked!