web2py on dd-wrt

Showing 1-5 of 5 messages
web2py on dd-wrt Tito Garrido 10/6/12 6:46 AM
Hi Folks,

I am trying to run web2py inside my router. It is an ASUS N13 revb1 using dd-wrt as OS.

It is working (until now I didn't notice any limitations) but I am getting the following message on console:
ERROR:web2py.cache:corrupted cache file /opt/usr/web2py/applications/admin/cache/cache.shelve, will try to delete and recreate it!
WARNING:web2py.cache:unable to delete and recreate cache file /opt/usr/web2py/applications/admin/cache/cache.shelve
WARNING:web2py.cache:no cache.disk (AttributeError)
WARNING:web2py.cron:WEB2PY CRON: Stale cron.master detected
WARNING:web2py.cron:WEB2PY CRON: Stale cron.master detected

Is there any recommended config for embeded devices? I am planning to create an application that scans torrent sites, I have tried sickbeard but it is pretty heavy and does not have a some basic torrent providers available.

THanks in advance,

Tito

--

Linux User #387870
.........____

You can try the recipe listed here:

This replaces the disk cache with memcache.
Re: web2py on dd-wrt Derek 10/8/12 1:05 PM
Just wanted to add, keep reading down that page, it shows how web2py is configured for GAE (google app engine) because GAE also doesn't have access to the file system. That could be useful for what you are trying to do.
Re: web2py on dd-wrt Massimo Di Pierro 10/8/12 1:25 PM
I think the only problem here is that you copied a working copy of web2py, not a fresh copy. There are files in there that are system specific (applications/app/cache/* and applications/app/cron/*). You should delete them before you copy web2py,else web2py will try delete them itself and fail (on your system).
Re: [web2py] Re: web2py on dd-wrt Tito Garrido 10/9/12 7:57 PM
Hi Derek,

I have root on the FS and I can write on it even where it complains about write permissions.

Massimo,

I have downloaded from web2py.com and tried to run... I could run it properly but I got these error messages... I would try Derek's solution but I have a memory constraint in my router.

Regards,

Tito

Linux User #387870