About Patch 7.4.200

Showing 1-1 of 1 messages
About Patch 7.4.200 Bram Moolenaar 3/12/14 10:08 AM

I have just sent out patch 7.4.200, which enables the +visual feature
also in the tiny version.

It doesn't remove any #ifdefs yet, I first want to await comments.
If this looks OK I can remove about 350 occurrences of FEAT_VISUAL.

Enabling +visual doesn't cause a problem for any system, as far as I
know.  The only effect is that the binary becomes a bit bigger.  On my
system (64 bit):

Without +visual:  780312
with +visual:     809112
difference:        28800 or 3.7% bigger

Another thing to drop would be support for 16 bit int.  I wonder if
there still is any such system where current Vim actually works.  These
were Amiga, DOS and Win-16.  But Vim most likely doesn't work there
now anyway.  Last time I tried DOS it didn't fit in memory.

I do not really want to drop support for any system where Vim can
currently be used.  But removing support for systems that don't work
anyway should be fine.

--
"Software is like sex... it's better when it's free."
                -- Linus Torvalds, initiator of the free Linux OS

 /// Bram Moolenaar -- Bram@Moolenaar.net -- http://www.Moolenaar.net   \\\
///        sponsor Vim, vote for features -- http://www.Vim.org/sponsor/ \\\
\\\  an exciting new programming language -- http://www.Zimbu.org        ///
 \\\            help me help AIDS victims -- http://ICCF-Holland.org    ///