About Patch 7.4.200

Showing 1-1 of 1 messages
About Patch 7.4.200 Bram Moolenaar 3/12/14 10:08 AM

I have just sent out patch 7.4.200, which enables the +visual feature
also in the tiny version.

It doesn't remove any #ifdefs yet, I first want to await comments.
If this looks OK I can remove about 350 occurrences of FEAT_VISUAL.

Enabling +visual doesn't cause a problem for any system, as far as I
know.  The only effect is that the binary becomes a bit bigger.  On my
system (64 bit):

Without +visual:  780312
with +visual:     809112
difference:        28800 or 3.7% bigger

Another thing to drop would be support for 16 bit int.  I wonder if
there still is any such system where current Vim actually works.  These
were Amiga, DOS and Win-16.  But Vim most likely doesn't work there
now anyway.  Last time I tried DOS it didn't fit in memory.

I do not really want to drop support for any system where Vim can
currently be used.  But removing support for systems that don't work
anyway should be fine.

"Software is like sex... it's better when it's free."
                -- Linus Torvalds, initiator of the free Linux OS
Makes me wonder what FSF stands for...?

 /// Bram Moolenaar -- Bram@Moolenaar.net -- http://www.Moolenaar.net   \\\
///        sponsor Vim, vote for features -- http://www.Vim.org/sponsor/ \\\
\\\  an exciting new programming language -- http://www.Zimbu.org        ///